The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 21, 2017, 01:58:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have we done anything productive today?  (Read 94063 times)
Major Wolfram Quicksilver
Zeppelin Overlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

If you can't make a mistake you can't make a thing

« on: June 12, 2010, 03:49:37 pm »

This is a thread for all those things that you did that made you pleased with yourself in a small (or not so small) way.

For example, today I visited my tailor, then my barber, swept the path and drive at the front of the house, and finally had at it in the garden with a hedge clippers, leaving a bald fence and much smaller, sorry-looking shrubs.  No mean feat as I didn't rise till gone 11!  Had a touch too much giggling juice the previous night!

So, what have you done?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:25:20 pm by Major Wolfram Quicksilver » Logged

'This job looks complicated, get a bigger hammer!'

'The 4lb lump hammer, also known as a Birmingham Screwdriver'

'Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is never putting them in a fruit salad.'
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:53:24 pm »

Today I had a lie in (I get to have one about once every two years)! Then when I was up, I went to town and bought some essentials ready for Lincoln (price tags, wire, crimps, ribbon and butterflies made of feathers). Om my way home, I was stopped by a woman who runs a fashion blog, she took my picture saying I looked fab! Expect to see me on http://www.cardifffashion.com/ soon! Cheesy

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Sir Hilary Codswallop, at your service

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 06:08:49 pm »

I took my daughter to the stables where she helps out ( in return for free riding lessons ), then helped my brother in law build new gates for my mother in law. Seeing as neither of us are joiners, I think we did quite well, hopefully get them finished tomorrow.
I'm just off to fletch some arrows shortly, then put my feet up for the evening.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
AGB
Officer

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 06:29:33 pm »

Despite a stinking cold, I've managed to get to the bank, buy a zip I need for a skirt I'm making, and sort out the pictures from the handfasting/collaring last weekend (which is almost relevant given th number of corsets in evidence :-)

AGB
AKA Jester, and others
Esmee Weatherwax
Deck Hand
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:33:28 pm »

Gave two of my neighbours a facial and a footmasage.
One came in asking for it yesterday cos she is so stressed out. The other neighbour just happened to stop by and I offered her one as well.
So cheered up the day for two kind, caring women who live nearby.
arcwelder
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Reverse the polarity!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 07:52:33 pm »

First I slept in. Now I'm having coffee. Later perhaps I will go shopping among the local used boutiques.

Mad repairman for the ship of the damned.

ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 09:20:56 pm »

Took apart three broken watches, did some laundry.. Then hung a clothesline because the dryer is making a scary noise, and I still had one more load to get dry.

Please take a look at my website, see what I create...

http://www.forestbetz.weebly.com
Kiltar
Gunner

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 10:01:55 pm »

Managed to take library books back and actually return them properly this time (infernal self-service machines!) in Chester, went to the park with my son and then made 3 vintage-esque birthday cards for upcoming dates.

Now plan to mooch around online for a couple of hours then stay up late reading (again!) with the promise of a nice long lie in tomorrow morning.

K

The Kernel
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

Nutty Scientist

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 10:12:45 pm »

Bought a new plant pot for the Lace Lady shrub infront of my house, it has outgrowth the previous one and suffered greatly from water stress last week, loosing most of its leaves.
The new pot is pink granite, weighs about 100kg and is currently still in the back of my Land-Rover, 2 men from the garden centre put it in the car after I bought it, now I need to work out how to get it out.

One for whom the terms GEEK and NERD are considered great compliments
The Governess
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

cooke_lm
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 10:47:54 pm »

i cleaned the downstairs, weeded the raised beds, transplanted some chillis, earthed up the potatoes, designed some posters for my team at work (we have drawn Denmark in the World Cup draw, so I.ve translated our signs into Danish), sewn some more braid onto my bolero, and brushed Cat No 3 (who is very hairy- like a Bond villain cat in negative). Then watched Doctor Who.
I feel like I.ve achieved a fair bit.

CRIMSON CLOCKS
Crimson in tooth and claw, we disdain (pah!) all attempts to neatly categorise us.
Lugubrious lyrics sung sadistically over trouser trembling bass beats and relentless drums in the deep, all washed down with lashings of vivacious violin and orpheic oboe...
The Crimson Hour is close at hand
www.facebook.com/CrimsonClocks
www.CrimsonClocks.com
http://crimsonclocks.blogspot.co.uk
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:31:21 pm »

Took things to swapshop, made 8 lavender dolls and looked up what I need for a CRB check. Thats pretty much all I did today. I'm too exhausted lately to manage much  Sad

jringling
Time Traveler

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 12:37:51 am »

Today was a successful birthday party for my 4 year old... and thanks to JingleJoe, we demonstrated science! Soap, water, a small length of tubing, and a small helium tank made for great fun!

JingleJoe
Zeppelin Overlord

The Green Dungeon Alchemist

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 01:17:14 am »

Painted a door frame, attempted to fix my computer, done more work on my goggles, nearly made a gas mask from scrap leather and string, got a new high score on lazer blast.

Today was a successful birthday party for my 4 year old... and thanks to JingleJoe, we demonstrated science! Soap, water, a small length of tubing, and a small helium tank made for great fun!
Yay! I helped Grin Glad to inspire science!

Green Dungeon Alchemist Laboratories
Providing weird sound contraptions and time machines since 2064.
BrittleWrists
Officer

Buckshot Billie, Patron Saint of Things Gone Wrong

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 03:35:35 am »

I actually got off my fat, lazy butt and made some stencil art.

I know this doesn't sound like much, but I haven't made a decent, functional stencil in a year or more.

Go me!

hurt harm halogen hush
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 03:39:21 am »

Lodge activities.

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
Moonracer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 03:09:53 am »

Got up early, woke up children, fed them breakfast, picked up bathroom and daughter's room, then went to work.
4 and a half hours later...
Came home, went to laundromat, went to the store, came home again, fixed towel bar, put away clothes that I washed earlier
short break...
made dinner, rearanged daughter's room and picked up(again), washed dishes, vacuumed floor, and started on the living room.
*tired sigh* And in between that I was keeping tabs on the children so thay didn't get into anything they shouldn't.
I think its bedtime.

The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.
Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 06:49:14 am »

Let's see... I found another box of books today that I hadn't unpacked. Had to move a few things and make room to unpack them, and in the process of changing things, realized that I need to do laundry. So I did. And then I tidied up my room a little more. By the time I was done that, I was boiling, so I quickly vacuumed and lay down on my floor to cool down. It'll be much better when we tear out the carpet and put in the laminate. Then I went out and got sushi for lunch, and hung out and talked to my someone all day until he had to go... after that, I sketched for a little bit, and played Rock Band with my sister. I > her. Tongue And now I'm just waiting for my hair to set... it faded a lot since I last dyed it about a month and a half ago. No more steaming hot showers for me! But then again, it's just gotten really hot, so I don't think keeping my color by avoiding hot showers will be a problem.

Twenty minutes to go... I'm so bored. Must find something to do.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:51:12 am by Indefinitive » Logged

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
OhtheIrony
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:59 am »

I  was eleven feet off the ground most of the day, using a power drill half my size to screw in a whole half-roof of the shed my dad happens to be building out the back, on account of the fact that he is deathly afraid of heights. And they tell kids NOT to play up high. Or with power tools. It does look rather good however. Smiley
    I even scrawled my initials and the date on top in huge letters because the funny thing is, no one will ever know!  Cheesy

~A.Werther
RoseOak
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Romantic Zoologist

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 10:50:07 pm »

Yes I did do productive activities today. This morning I worked on the website I'm doing for my boss and this afternoon I did a couple of rounds of sewing and a lot of cleaning.
Sir A Poiselamppe
Zeppelin Overlord

Inventor of the Homing Battenburgram

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 12:19:03 am »

Applied for yet another job.....

Replanted one of the planters and potted up the oak tree....

Bathed....everything is now better

steffmetal
Swab

New Zealand New Zealand

Grymm & Epic

steffmetal
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 12:00:36 pm »

Yes! I wrote a blog post about the Grand Guginal, queried some articles, finished a writing job for an amazing jewelry designer (and she's super happy, so that's cool) and I made soup! Mmmmmm delicious soup ...

My heavy metal fashion, lifestyle and kvlture blog: http://steffmetal.com
Steff Metal artwork: http://etsy.com/shop/steffmetal
TheLastGreyMask
Deck Hand

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 03:34:05 pm »

I made quite a glorious breakfast, of fried eggs, tomatoes, green pepper, chopped onions, and a few slices of assorted deli meats.. I am now waiting for my ride, so I can take the last test of my high school career and be done with the vile place.
Ezra Hogbin
Zeppelin Captain
England England

Sir Hilary Codswallop, at your service

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »

Nothing constructive, but then I've been in work all day  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Promised myself I'll wsah the car when I get home...oh what an exiting life I lead!
Silent Theatre
Officer

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 03:41:28 pm »

Admittedly I went on a spending spree, which us gals are supposed to love but I always feel guilty, but my guilt is balanced by the fact that i bought things to help me out with doing a craft fair so I can sell crafty things i make to people, which Ive been meaning to do for ages.I bought things that would help with displays etc.And all on a budget too, I spent about £15.Just need some ornate/swept frames to set the scene.

Edited to show you what I just read in my horoscope----  A secret dream of turning a hobby into a career takes an important step closer.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:48:33 pm by Silent Theatre » Logged

ForestB
Zeppelin Admiral

Lady of the copper frogs

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:30 pm »

Sewed a little, then got sidetracked by straightening up my sewing area.. Picked up sticks in the yard until I felt like it was too hot, it didn't take long for that! Summer in Georgia is NOT made for yardwork!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: