The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 21, 2017, 02:01:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Andromeda Effect ~ Alternate Timeline ~ OOC  (Read 6972 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »

That all sounds and seems fine to me...

I was not/am not trying to end the thread, I just sort of got caught up in the flow of what might happen because of Darrin's missed 'time torpedo' (my term, use it or trash it  Wink).

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 09:37:17 pm »

Not a problem, that was some good stuff, I like the description and the concept. Smiley

I'm guessing we're back at Los Alamos?

I'll try to post soon. Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:34:31 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:50 am »

Glad you liked it!

As near as I can figure it, yes, we're back at Los Alamos, not sure if we've prevented a fragment from falling off, created a whole 'nother one that re-wrote the world our way, or glued the old fragment back on... Wink

Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 03:49:31 am »

Sounds good. Smiley

Also, would using the Beau Rosin's fields as cover include where the others went to disable the power to the nukes?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 04:08:11 am »

Sounds good. Smiley

Also, would using the Beau Rosin's fields as cover include where the others went to disable the power to the nukes?

I'm not so sure about that; Jack and Co. had to "sprint" back to pick them up, so that would imply to me that they were separated at some distance. But, it could just possibly work out  considering the interrelation of the dimensional position constants; maybe the locations are slightly-to-very-off in some instances, putting them (in actuality) within the fields? In other words, they were dropped off at different continuum points that coincided with the fields' locations? (getting kinda Doctor Who-ish, lol, but it's an interesting thought experiment).
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 10:21:53 pm »

Interesting idea, and a good one.

In this case it might work best for continuity not to use it, both for the Beau Rosin having to hurry to pick them up, and for the advance party leaving the ship. I'm thinking if the feilds were up, there really wouldn't be a reason for more than one person to get off at each of the rooms to disable the devices, since the reason for the others getting off was to provide defense until the power could be disconnected.

I like the idea though, maybe we can use it later on. Wink
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 05:51:27 am »

The man who locked himself in the cell isn't working for the Illuminati, exactly. (although he might have had some connections, and knew about the plan to take over the base beforehand.) Seems Germany has also acquired nukes, and they have a double-agent working at Los Alamos...

I'm thinking the US is divided into an eastern half, (possibly bordering the Mississippi?) and a western half (California, New Mexico, and Arizona. Utah, Nevada, and Colorado have slightly different borders.) Not sure about Texas?

The United States has a small central government, and the states are mainly self-governed, so each state has it's own Airfleet, Army, and Navy (in coastal states), directed by the central government in time of war or emergency, that collectively makes up the United States Military. The Los Alamos Base is under the authority of the central government, although it's technically still part of New Mexico.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:39:50 am by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 04:08:39 am »

I keep thinking that Texas would probably be a self-governed third front; probably governed by Texas proper, it would probably also consist of most of our RL Oklahoma, and parts of both Louisiana and Arkansas, and part of northern Mexico, but probably no farther south than Chihuahua and no  farther west than Taxco (or the Badger-verse equivalent).

All else seems fine.

Jack and company are going to play along,and see whats what; are we thinking they're about to go back to the Badger, or whats going on?
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 06:49:33 am »

Jack and company are going to play along,and see whats what; are we thinking they're about to go back to the Badger, or whats going on?

Sorry I haven't made much clear on that...

I was planning on using 'double-agent' idea as a way to keep this going. I've got a few other ideas that I'm working on too.

I was thinking Germany having acquired nukes started something of a 'cold war' between them and the US, and that the US has the advantage of having the transports. Germany has only conventional delivery systems, but a stronger military.

I haven't really come up with anything for who/what might be behind the apparent 'setting up for a nuclear apocalypse'. I'd like to use the idea, but so far haven't really come up with any good ideas for it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:07:53 am by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:47 am »

Sounds like they might have to leave the base to preserve the Beau for AUNTSALLI's use in the "re-write..." of the apocalypse... or to prevent the apocalypse afte rthe fact, or perhaps prevent it from happening. that'd be something that Miss Sally might have to either step aside from, or perhaps even make her organization step into in order to prevent disaster...

Hmmm...
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 06:52:27 pm »

Sounds like they might have to leave the base to preserve the Beau for AUNTSALLI's use in the "re-write..." of the apocalypse... or to prevent the apocalypse afte rthe fact, or perhaps prevent it from happening. that'd be something that Miss Sally might have to either step aside from, or perhaps even make her organization step into in order to prevent disaster...

I'm guessing you mean the Beau Rosin going back to Venus? I'm good with that... not sure where you want to go from there, though. Maybe starting again (game time) a year or so after?

By the way, sorry about missing the part about Jack and Mingh earlier. I'm kinda hesitant about writing other people's characters, and I guess I didn't really 'get' it. Embarrassed Tongue (I can be pretty clueless sometimes, lol.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:54:07 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »

Not necessarily to Venus... just temporarily out of harm's way. It'd be nice to get back to the original story, but I think most of the others have given up or are similarly disengaged. Jim (nightshade) got himself banned for the sock-puppet thing, and We 've heard almost nothing from Theo. since earl;y June, I think it was. (I hope he's OK...).

As far as missing that bit about Jack and Mingh, no problem -- I was snatched away from the computer and the desk and all by various RL events, so it turned out for the best.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 03:47:42 am »

Alright, makes sense. Not sure exactly where to go from here, maybe back to the Esmerelda?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 05:12:15 pm »

I didn't mean to suggest that I didn't want to do the Cold War idea; I just thought that maybe the Beau would need to move to a secure location, like inside the base, to keep her from prying eyes. Jack would have to be coaxed into it, probably, but he'll live through it.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 05:52:00 pm »

Alright. Smiley (Didn't think you didn't want to use the idea, sort of a misunderstanding, I thought you meant the Beau Rosin needed to move somewhere away from the base.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:01:54 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 02:13:06 pm »

My posting might be slowed down slightly or missed a couple of times over the next two or three days, as I will be attending the Bayou City Oldtime Music and Dulcimer Festival here in Houston.

http://bayoucitymusicfest.com/

I'll still check in , nights, when I get home, though, maybe (probably?) post a bit then.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 07:08:00 pm »

Alright, hope you have a good time. Smiley My posting's been a bit slow as well, with work and other things, so not a problem.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:01:32 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »

I'm back, sort of. Lots of things going on around here, so I'll be posting a bit slowly, but I'm not quitting -- just appeasing the Family Monster...
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 03:25:20 am »

I understand, I live with family as well. Can be difficult at times.

Edited and added a few things to my last post.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 06:00:16 am »

Would have added this, but had some RL stuff going on and forum was having connection problems:

I'm thinking that the dragon corps would be a bit uncertain at first about agreeing to help. The reason they went to Los Alamos was to find the andromeda device and stop those who were using it. Except for Zhan, Mingh, and possibly Shi-Mori, it's probable none of the dragons have been to earth before, and none of the dragons or troopers are really sure what the US of 1931 is like. I'm imagining it to be a somewhat warlike country in 1898 and previous, and the dragons and troopers would be hesitant about joining a conflict they weren't sure about. Nukes and the concept of a cold war would be new to them as well. There's also the possible issue of altering (future) history by helping.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:52:03 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 01:39:43 am »

I was wondering about that; will they be able to contact 'here-and-now'  Moon Dragons? maybe the tribes could offer a bit of perspective on what they could expect the US to do...
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 04:46:26 am »

Hmmm... good idea, hadn't really thought of that. I'm thinking they could contact others on Luna, but because of the distance they would probably have to contact someone they knew well. Although once a 'link' was made, others could listen and talk as well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:59:42 am by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 06:25:45 am »

Just setting up the situation Re A.U.N.T.S.A.L.L.I., the Committee, and the Interdiction Force, which is still on Ready Alert status, by teh way....

Sally's not being very helpful starting off, but she could warm to the situation as time goes by; she really does love Brantley, and probably wants to help, but most likely is constrained from doing so both by the danger of paradox as well as her oath to support the Committee, whose decisions, stances, and programs she has sworn to uphold, as have the other delegates thereof, each of whom have their own agendas...

Ah, intertemporal politics... Wink
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 05:46:30 am »

Sounds good. I'll try to post soon(ish). Smiley

Got the wood sheaths mostly done for my khukhuris over the weekend. Got the wood halves shaped and covered with leather so far. Still need a belt loop on both sheaths, and I need to finish both of the utility knives. I'll try to get pics soon.

Edit: posted the pics in tactile.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:47:25 pm by Alexis Voltaire » Logged
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27:10 pm »

KEWL! Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: