The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 02:49:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself (mk. II)  (Read 143698 times)
Cpt. Vanderstorme
Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

It's the Captain, Lilith Vanderstorme!

« Reply #2450 on: October 08, 2014, 02:44:34 pm »

Welcome everybody^^ good to have you~<3

skwalker
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2451 on: October 09, 2014, 09:28:39 am »

Esteemed ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Skwalker, Lady Smith, Mr. Soggz, Mme. Tempus and Iron Butterfly, please nakes yourselves at home and be welcome to our forum!  It is rather refreshingf to see more new people coming into the movement.

Adm. J. Wilhelm
United States Airship Orca

Grin although I have a Mr. Skwalker I am in fact a Mrs  Wink with 2 young Miss Skwalkers who are also very interested in steampunk  Cheesy
Mr. Syson
Officer

« Reply #2452 on: October 10, 2014, 12:15:01 am »

Good Morning everyone, I trust you are all well. I am Mr Syson, I am the wrong side of 50 and after reading sci fi for more years than I care to remember I took the plunge and went, with Mrs Syson, to the Asylum at Lincoln. All I can say is I felt as though I was home. I look forward to reading the forum and making many new cyber friends. Good day to you all.
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2453 on: October 10, 2014, 02:15:08 am »

Good day to you, Mr Syson.  Welcome to BG.

I aspire to get to Lincoln - maybe next year.  Somewhat funds-dependent from this side of the world!

Which side of 50 is the wrong side?  Clearly, your new life has just begun.

Colonel Sir Julius Hawthorne
H.M. Air Privateers (Retd.)

http://capitalsteampunknz.org

Whatever did we do before retro-futurism?
Mr. Syson
Officer

« Reply #2454 on: October 10, 2014, 07:40:19 am »

51 is, perhaps, the wrong side but better late than never
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2455 on: October 10, 2014, 07:56:11 am »

Esteemed ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Skwalker, Lady Smith, Mr. Soggz, Mme. Tempus and Iron Butterfly, please nakes yourselves at home and be welcome to our forum!  It is rather refreshingf to see more new people coming into the movement.

Adm. J. Wilhelm
United States Airship Orca

Grin although I have a Mr. Skwalker I am in fact a Mrs  Wink with 2 young Miss Skwalkers who are also very interested in steampunk  Cheesy

So very sorry Mme. Skwalker, I beg your forgiveness, as the Aethernet precludes me for gathering such information.  In any case, please do feel welcome, my lady, as well as your entire family.

*offers tea and biscuits*

Welcome to the forum, Mr.Syson.  There is no such thing as a wrong age for Steampunk, as you will soon find out...

jonb
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2456 on: October 11, 2014, 05:00:26 am »

Dear Sirs and siresses,
Not withstanding that my actions to whit this introduction may perhaps be taken as unseemly to whit no formal cards have been exchanged to this point in time, I have nevertheless found myself in the inopportune position of forcing my company upon you.
This hitherto unconscionable predicament has been brought about because it has come to ones attention of the existence of a body of cranks, who may or may not be coexistent with ones general area of contemplation.
Thus I beseech one and all to look favourably upon my request to be numbered among your fine body of citizenry, and I may assure you that I jonb am more than willing both in body an spirit to be subject to whatsoever laws or conditions that you feel should be justifiably placed upon me.
I hope you have the good grace and foresight to understand that a kind and favourable response would of course be received by myself as a valediction for my less than couth actions in this part, and so in some trepidation I find myself awaiting your reply.

Post script to the above missive, I can assure you dear reader that the above display of informality is uncharacteristic of my normal behaviour ( I have never so much as startled a horse in all my life) and has been brought about be exceptional circumstance, and as such is in no way indicative of my future behaviour.

Yours in forlorn hope

jonb
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2457 on: October 11, 2014, 08:45:18 am »

Welcome, jonb - pull up a chair and help yourself to tea and biscuits!

Your informality is forgiven, as it is difficult to exchange cards with so many BG members at one time!
jonb
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2458 on: October 11, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

Oh thank you for you gracious reply and it is with a good heart that I may take your advice and seat myself in your company and as a new recipient of your largesse draw from my bag a small token as a gesture of reciprocation, a modicum of plum duff, and a respectable collection of macaroons.
I do hope this will meet favourably with your expectations of the duties of a swab which you have placed in my keeping.
Banfili
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

« Reply #2459 on: October 11, 2014, 10:58:50 pm »

Most admirably!
Justin_shifflett
Swab

« Reply #2460 on: October 12, 2014, 01:47:40 am »

Hi my name is Justin. I'm into all things steampunk. Currently working in the devilish oil industry. I do photography in my spare time and am always looking for willing participants. Currently residing in the metropolis know as Delaware
Tors
Swab

Australia Australia

« Reply #2461 on: October 12, 2014, 12:02:11 pm »

Hiya

My name is Tori and I am from Australia.  I have only just got into steampunk, and only because I got board one night and decided to look into it.  I had heard of it before, but never really paid it any attention, but it seems that the more I look into it the more fascinating it becomes.
jonb
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2462 on: October 12, 2014, 01:30:35 pm »

Tis opportune this meeting of like minds, welcome fellows of the lower deck, I joined this crew yesterday and have already been promoted from swab to deck hand, at this rate next Tuesday I will be in the lofty position of brigadier general. The ships biscuits are very good and you will see they are tastefully decorated once the weevils are wiped from them.
I don't think they stand much on ceremony hear we are expected to just get stuck in.
Welcome one and all.
Heckler
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2463 on: October 13, 2014, 11:49:25 am »

at this rate next Tuesday I will be in the lofty position of brigadier general.

You are the very model of the modern major general.

Welcome Tori, Justin and a stiff salute to Jonb.

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Call of Cthulhu"
skwalker
Deck Hand

« Reply #2464 on: October 13, 2014, 02:09:48 pm »

Smiley I am so pleased to have found this forum, what a lovely community of like minded people. I could happily spend hours with a cup of tea in hand, browsing through many different topics of conversation and looking at some of the fabulous creations posted on here. So many talented people!
Siliconous Skumins
Server Monk
Governor
Rogue Ætherlord

« Reply #2465 on: October 13, 2014, 06:23:48 pm »

Welcome to the forum skwalker.  Smiley

Indeed, you will find a good cup of tea is often right at home on this forum. Milk and two sugars if you're asking, Ta!  Wink

[Server Prayer]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2466 on: October 14, 2014, 12:46:46 am »

Indeed, a very warm welcome and ditto cup of tea (no milk for me, I thank you).

Jonb - when there is a selection available, as I'm sure you're well aware, it's important to choose the lesser of two weevils.

Tori - where in Oz are you?  There are a number of active groups over your side of the Tasman.  We met some very fine chaps from South Australia at Steamfest in Brisbane last year.
BGHilton
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #2467 on: October 15, 2014, 02:59:29 am »

What ho, chaps! New to the site and all that. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Colonel Hawthorne
Snr. Officer
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2468 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:56 am »

Welcome, BGHilton.  No relation to that Paris filly, are you?

Always nice to see more colonials coming aboard.  Enjoy your voyage.
hawk
Deck Hand

Gravatar

« Reply #2469 on: October 17, 2014, 04:50:25 pm »

Hello , I thought I already did this , but it looks like it is gone.
I was on submarines for over 20 years, retired and went to art school. Now I paint, do graphics, logos, heraldry shields, websites and steam-punk computers and peripherals. Interested in anything Tesla or that can add extra functionality to any device. Drive an antique bronco. You can find my artwork on Deviantart under yellowbronco.  Look forward to talking with Y'all, Dan
Doctor Trakov
Officer

Admiral of the 14th Belogravian Airship Navy

« Reply #2470 on: October 24, 2014, 03:54:34 am »

I (finally) read Girl Genius and it reminded me that someone had recommended it to me first on here (by my reckoning probably over six years ago) so I rocked over to this forum and had a guess at what my name and password (made circa 2007?) would have been. Obviously I have a lot of insight into the mind of my ~14-15 year old self because I guessed it first time. It's been interesting, if occasionally worth cringing at, to read through posts I was making during the two and a half years I regularly used this forum. You know, it looks like I had enough fun that I'll consider poking around a bit again. I figure if a teenager can focus three cumulative days on a website a 22 year old with a history degree should be able to manage it.
JoeC
Swab

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #2471 on: October 26, 2014, 01:48:34 am »

Hi all,

I live in New Zealand but I am an Australian by trade.
Came across this site from IMDB where I was looking for films that were set in the Steam Age.
I'll be honest. I thought I was the only freak but was relieved when I discovered there is a forum of us.
I've been reading the film thread and jotting down some films that are on my must see before I die list.
Anyways I'll try and contribute when I feel more comfortable. Some of you guys are pretty hardcore and I like that.

Cheers
JoeC
Mister E
Deck Hand

« Reply #2472 on: October 27, 2014, 11:49:42 pm »

All I can say is I recommend this for your audio delights
https://soundcloud.com/thefilthyspectacula/drinkski-song

poisonpearl
Deck Hand
England England

Ablutions expert....part time poisoner

strangebrewsoap
« Reply #2473 on: October 28, 2014, 11:44:27 am »

My name is Sam.

I’m also….

A Misanthropic wannabe courtesan
Bakery Student
Obsessed with circuses
Steampunk dreamer
Get rich schemer
prospective taxidermist
Heavy metal thunderer
Know it all
Interferer

I'm from The Wirral near Liverpool, UK
I'm a soapmaker and I own a sort of dark apothecary style soap business by the name of Strange Brew Soap Co. and frequently trade at Leeds Steampunk Market

I've been interested in Steampunk for a long time, but I have decided to involve myself more from this year forward and I am developing a character who is known by many names as she has had many adventures in her life.

She began as a pauper on the streets of Liverpool as Pearl Madden, and was enticed to run away with the circus. She married wealth and became known as Madame Pearl. After various nefarious and as yet unexplained incidents involving her staff and husband(s), rumours abounded and she is now commonly referred to as 'Poison Pearl' and children make little rhymes up about her. She lives in a manor house, where she resides with her circus family, the fortune teller guiding her in her journey

I like tea
Glad to meet you all

It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.
jonb
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2474 on: October 29, 2014, 03:55:39 am »

That is a lovely introduction.
May I request the next dance.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: