The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 23, 2017, 04:46:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day" Thread II  (Read 113153 times)
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #2475 on: April 21, 2011, 10:26:32 am »

Woke up, stayed in bed, probably will relocate to the XBOX room in a bit, driving at 3, then probably XBOX some more.

I lead an exciting life.

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2476 on: April 21, 2011, 10:47:53 am »

Spent an hour and a half on an economics essay.  To my dismay I actually started to enjoy it.  To preserve my dignity I've therefore stopped.

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2477 on: April 21, 2011, 11:16:49 am »

Drove from Melbourne to Adelaide today, it took ten hours, allowing for junk shop raids along the way.

'...within interventions distance of the embassy...
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #2478 on: April 21, 2011, 05:29:55 pm »

Drove from Melbourne to Adelaide today, it took ten hours, allowing for junk shop raids along the way.
Ouch! And I think it's a long way to the supermarket Tongue

I went to uni to spend 3 hours watching my lecturer play Portal 2, Bioshock 2, Just Cause 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Arkham Asylum. This is what YouTube is for. And this was a catch-up class. On the upside it didn't rain on the way there or back.

...but I also wish I were Batman.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2479 on: April 21, 2011, 06:24:47 pm »

Woke up, today's the wife's birthday, so we spent some time together...  Came to check all my stuff on line, and started having dizzy spells.

As long as I dont move to quick, I feel pretty ok.  If I move to quick, it's like the room is spinning, and a sharp, stabbing pain shoots down my neck. 

I think I slept wrong...

Don't let these shakes go on, it's time we had a break from it. Send me to the rear! Where the Tides of Madness swell, and men sliding into Hell...

Oh please don't let these shakes go on...
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2480 on: April 22, 2011, 01:14:05 am »

Woke up, today's the wife's birthday, so we spent some time together...  Came to check all my stuff on line, and started having dizzy spells.

As long as I dont move to quick, I feel pretty ok.  If I move to quick, it's like the room is spinning, and a sharp, stabbing pain shoots down my neck. 

I think I slept wrong...

Bummer - take it easy today then and drink lots of tea.

I slept wrong too - had the worst nighmare in years, woke up crying - lucky I was next to my wife who was able to comfort me.

(Yeah I am a big baby!)
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2481 on: April 22, 2011, 04:32:49 am »

I think I slept wrong...

Bummer - take it easy today then and drink lots of tea.

I slept wrong too - had the worst nighmare in years, woke up crying - lucky I was next to my wife who was able to comfort me.

(Yeah I am a big baby!)

Thanks for the advice!  I'm doing much better at this late hour.

Nightmares suck.  Lucky for me, my loverly wife has learned how to tell when I'm having one-if I'm talking in my sleep, she needs to wake me up, and QUICK!

Wives make life more bareable, thank the Powers That Be for 'em!  *raises toast*  They put up with our endless shenanagins, they let us buy more tools than we could possibly ever find a use for, and...  They just smell good!  To wives and women!
AlegrahEredschtadt
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #2482 on: April 22, 2011, 05:48:40 am »

And here... interesting day. I've finally done something for MYSELF rather than someone else for the first time in.. I've no idea. It feels good, but strange.

Read the musings of a mentally unstable traveler: http://symphonicallymorbid.blogspot.com/

~ ~ ~

I dare mention my bloomers in public.

Join me in the Chatroom! http:/
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #2483 on: April 22, 2011, 08:06:50 am »

We all do, m'dear. We all do...

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2484 on: April 22, 2011, 08:23:27 am »

Lies. I've better things to do than run around every night in a glorified rain coat.

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2485 on: April 22, 2011, 08:32:39 am »

Yesterday MrC and I went to the beach (Barry Island!) and had a fab time. We did some civil engineering of sand that Brunel would have been proud of, had an epic walk, Mr C dropped his trousers (they fell out of his bag, but still, the lols!) and we had chips on the prom. Later we walked around to the other side of the bay which has some awesome geology, Mr C couldn't resist walking through the mudflats and we tried having a hermit crab race (strangely enough, hemit crabs are actually really shy!). All in all a fabaroo day, even if the train ride back did induce a slight panic attack (four carriages and we were crammed in like sardines on the hottest day of the year!).

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Professor Griffiths
Snr. Officer
United States United States

For God and Country!

« Reply #2486 on: April 22, 2011, 02:07:18 pm »

WE HIT 100 PAGES!

Arceye
Zeppelin Admiral

I love humanity, it's people I can't stand!

« Reply #2487 on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:00 pm »

we had chips on the prom.

This surely is the definitive British way to enjoy Easter.

There is nothing that cannot be made a little worse and sold a little cheaper
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #2488 on: April 23, 2011, 12:56:08 am »

Lies. I've better things to do than run around every night in a glorified rain coat.
You wouldn't if you were Batman...
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2489 on: April 23, 2011, 06:41:21 am »

Spent the day scrounging the second hand stores of Adelaide for stock for our shop. I got some more glass jelly moulds (love 'em) and for me I got a great pair of very old leather motorcycle gauntlet gloves.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #2490 on: April 23, 2011, 08:25:57 am »

we had chips on the prom.

This surely is the definitive British way to enjoy Easter.

Barry Islan is a beautiful mix of past glory and cheaply exploited bargain basement. It has traces of a past that was decadent, proud and desirable, but is now filled with chavs and criminals. I love going there:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2491 on: April 23, 2011, 09:35:59 am »

Wait, wasn't Barry Island also the home of about 200 steam locomotives which were then crated off to preserbed railways?  D**n.  If they were still there I'd envy you even more  Cheesy
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2492 on: April 23, 2011, 10:16:31 am »

That's exactly what Batman is. A twerp in a glorified rain coat. Grin
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2493 on: April 23, 2011, 11:50:51 am »

My day (yesterday) was beautiful. Got up very early, to go and visit Seabear. Mother kindly offered me a lift, then my Uncle called to see if I wanted picking up much later on, so i didn't have to leave Seabear 2 hours after I arrived like usual. I spent 12 hours with him yesterday, which doesn't seem like lots, but when you've not seen the one you love for almost a month, it feels like a lifetime. The next few days involves packing for Lincoln at the weekend and sorting out a very lovely suprise for Seabear. Smiley
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #2494 on: April 23, 2011, 04:41:59 pm »

Regardless of the accuracy or potential lack thereof, of that statement, that's hardly my point, though. Were you Batman, you would not have better things to do than run around in a "glorified raincoat".  Roll Eyes
CaptainPhania
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Captain who bought her commission.

« Reply #2495 on: April 23, 2011, 05:28:53 pm »

Regardless of the accuracy or potential lack thereof, of that statement, that's hardly my point, though. Were you Batman, you would not have better things to do than run around in a "glorified raincoat".  Roll Eyes
Exactly! Apart from running Wayne Enterprises... Wink
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #2496 on: April 23, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »

My day utterly sucked. Last night when going back from the city (a bit of friday partying and all) a friend of mine, who was quite intoxicated on a mixture of beer, rum and vodka, decided it would be fun to push me into grass in the park.

As a result, I lost my glasses. (Looked last night, spent 5 hrs looking today) Currently using my old pair, and getting new ones made next week, but this still blows, it'll set me back at least 200 eur. -.-

Yes, health insurance DOES cover glasses, but only a very basic frame + glass lenses. With my eyesight, the lenses made of glass would look like they were made out of a bottom of a beer bottle. And I want a decent titanflex frame + polycarbonate photo-lenses. (The kind that get dark in the sun)
Mercury Wells
Rogue Ætherlord
I insiste that you do call me WELLS. :)

« Reply #2497 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:24 am »

Yesterday afternoon was spent blowing soap bubbles with my Coglet, who was squealing with absolute delight while chasing them & then putting the "bubbles that he caught" into my pockets. So in all, a most wonderful day.  Grin Grin

Ah such innocence.

Oh...my old war wound? I got that at The Battle of Dorking. Very nasty affair that was, I can tell you.

The Ministry of Tea respectfully advises you to drink one cup of tea day...for that +5 Moral Fibre stat.
maduncle
Zeppelin Captain
Australia Australia

Indubitably...

@maduncle
« Reply #2498 on: April 24, 2011, 12:45:27 pm »

Yesterday afternoon was spent blowing soap bubbles with my Coglet, who was squealing with absolute delight while chasing them & then putting the "bubbles that he caught" into my pockets. So in all, a most wonderful day.  Grin Grin

Ah such innocence.

A lovely story to share with us - many thanks!
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

electrogirlak
« Reply #2499 on: April 24, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »

Went to work early, had 2 hours worth of break, had litterally 3 customers but couldn't leave because of a party for 20 at work. Damn it.
In other news, 4 sleeps!!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: