The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
September 18, 2014, 09:37:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum highlights on twitter: @BG_couk

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torvald Faust's Ogre Bombard [Steampunk grenade launcher WIP]  (Read 4530 times)
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

Persistent pilfering privateer

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 09:06:12 am »

Well, the annoying is that the capacitor does not have a value listed, or at least, not something I recognize as such. Luckily, since this is a flash unit, I looked for and found the trigger voltage of this specific unit, which seems to be 22V.

Given that some folk state that some flash units damaged their cameras, my reasoning is that the trigger voltage is the maximum voltage produced by the flash - if it were a separate circuit, the trigger voltage would not be able to damage the camera. Well, that is my reasoning, anyway Wink

Hence, I will be looking for a meter rated around 25V.

The Inventor
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Cascadia now and forever

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 10:07:01 am »

That is sooo awesome!
I've been joking about making a fake 75mm field Kannone; having some empty shells would be lovely to have around?
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:24 am »

Thank you Smiley Compliments are what keep me going with this thread - if people were not interested, I would simply keep progress to myself Wink

Speaking of progress, I have made some slight progress. I have found (and bought) a pretty old Volt meter. Though not Victorian, I like the look of it and the age means that I will easily be able to replace the 'clock' face with something more interesting.

Furthermore, I have taken apart one of the two flash units. Together with some advice and a good look at the innards, I am quite confident I will be able to do the rewiring as needed Smiley

Making actual progress will have to wait. As fun as it is to take apart electronics, I will need a good housing for it. Though I would be able to put it in a wooden 'box', I hope to find something suitable made from metal.
robotmastern
Snr. Officer
United States United States

automaton craftsman extraordinaire

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 08:01:20 am »

Are you using a disposible camera circut or a removeable flash like the pros use?
Torvald_Faust
Zeppelin Overlord
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 09:08:39 am »

A removeable flash Smiley It pays to have friends who do photography, in more ways than one Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: