The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 08:24:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mashpunk  (Read 1408 times)
19th Century Space Pilot
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Cererean
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 04:32:14 pm »

Well, I always throught Clockpunk was more 16th and 17th, what-if-Leonardo-had-been-listened-to kind of stuff...

Given what Punk actually rfers to, pretty much anything that goes against the norm can have the suffix. Including a monastic lifestyle, but, no Monkpunk for me.

This, I believe, sums up my personal idea of mashpunk - if you can use bioengineering instead of electronics, do so. If you can use steam rather than bioengineering, do this. If you can use clockwork in place of steam, do it. If you can use unmodded life instead of clockwork, do so.

-Chicar: what last post? I didn't see what you wrote before you edited it out...

Now for some shameless self promotion... http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/

- Aetheric Aviatrix
chicar
Rogue Ætherlord
Canada Canada

Student in Techno-Shamanism and Lyncanthrope

Chicar556
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 04:34:40 pm »

-Chicar: what last post? I didn't see what you wrote before you edited it out...

I was saying than i was making a Wizard of Waverly Place meet Steampunk (look better than it sound) Fan RPG. Wink

Edit:....than you can find here.
http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23935.0.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:08:04 pm by chicar » Logged

The word pagan came from paganus , who mean peasant . Its was a way to significate than christianism was the religion of the elite and paganism the one of the savage worker class.

''Trickster shows us how we trick OURSELVES. Her rampant curiosity backfires, but, then, something NEW is discovered (though usually not what She expected)! This is where creativity comes from—experiment, do something different, maybe even something forbidden, and voila! A breakthrough occurs! Ha! Ha! We are released! The world is created anew! Do something backwards, break your own traditions, the barrier breaks; destroy the world as you know it, let the new in.''
Extract of the Dreamflesh article ''Path of The Sacred Clown''
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 03:18:30 am »

I'm hesitant to actually post this link...but sometimes (damn my bones!) I just can't help myself...

And please, it's nothing personal I PROMISE!!!!!

Just sharing for the sake of the community...many of the postings on this thread that are antithetical to my own feelings are admittedly equally valid and well-thought out...so just for edification, k?

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21156.0.html

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
19th Century Space Pilot
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Cererean
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »

I already saw that link - it's been posted earlier.

I don't undertsand, however, how biopunk and cyberpunk are subdivisions of Steampunk, since Mashpunk would include that. If anything, I, as the only Mashpunk I know of, can claim every over 'punk' is an inane subdivision of mine. When, in reality, they came first...

I keep different pairs of goggles. A pair for accessing the net, a pair for flying, a pair for tinkering...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: