The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 01:56:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found something in my parts drawer - what should I do with it?  (Read 938 times)
elShoggotho
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:08:19 am »

To be precise, it's a fully working Citizen 8210A movement. 21 jewels, date wheel, self winding. The hands are missing though.

My idea was to make a new casing, or obtain a suitable pocketwatch casing for it. Any ideas how and where I should start?
Abslomrob
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:28:58 pm »

That's a nice 11.5''' movement.  It should beat at 21,600, which is nice.  It might be a bit small for a pocketwatch case though (unless you source one of those little chinese "quartz" cases).  But either way you'll probably need to custom design a dial for it to fit, and mill something to hold it in place.  Autowind doesn't really work too well in a pocketwatch though...most pockets don't have enough motion to keep the watch wound, and I believe the design of the Miyota movement means you don't want to manually wind it too much (too much torque on the winding gears; it causes excessive wear).

All my vintages are at http://www.abslomrob.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: