The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 22, 2017, 12:00:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk Tattoos  (Read 37572 times)
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 03:20:23 pm »

Found a couple of images of 'genuine' (!) victorian/edwardian tattoos. The first one was probably a circus 'freak'  . Love the way she's curtsying demurely with a full body tattoo underneath her slip-dress! HA! (she's so awsome).

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1295342.jpg

Lydia the Tattooed LadyDQ

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 03:21:11 pm »

i cannot seem to embed the images today, but i'm sleepy. this is the most recent addition to my forearm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reni_witch_baby/4777307388/#
http://www.flickr.com/photos/reni_witch_baby/4777309800/#

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 03:24:42 pm »

Reni posted a link for this book on facebook, I thought I'd share as it looks awesome!

http://www.mommyhasatattoo.com/Mommy_Has_A_Tattoo/home.html

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
jringling
Time Traveler

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »

Not sure if this site has come up, but my sister has used them and she got the a free tattoo designed by them. I'm not sure if she is going to get the tattoo, but she asked me to make it into a pendant... Roll Eyes

http://www.tattootribes.com/

Mad Maudlin
Snr. Officer

Defenestratrix

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 01:20:33 am »

I don't think I'll get a tattoo until I can get one that either does something or enables me to do something.

To Hell with ponies, I want an Airship!
"...If I ever see anyone in a ‘sexy clockwork automaton’ costume they picked up off a supermarket shelf I’m going to beat them to death with their plastic cog mini-skirt..."
-Dylan Fox in issue 7 of <i>SteamPunk</i> magazine
draxthedestroyer
Officer

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010, 10:35:06 am »

The only remotely steamy tattoo I have is the moxie soda logo on the inside of my left calf. I say its pretty steamy because its the older moxie man logo and the stuff has been around since 1884.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2010, 02:19:29 pm »

@Mad Maudin - what would you have it do?
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:12 pm »

Going to the Seattle Tattoo Expo this weekend to fiind an artist to do my tattoo!  Although, it won't be steamy...but it will be awesome and beautiful. 

Do you smile to tempt a lover? Or is this your way to hide a broken heart?
Many dreams have been brought to your doorstep; they just lie there and they die there.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2010, 07:22:41 pm »

You can get tattoos that glow in the dark or can only be seen under UV-light. Does that count as doing something?

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2010, 07:54:03 pm »

You can get tattoos that glow in the dark or can only be seen under UV-light. Does that count as doing something?

And another possibility would to be to have actual moving parts imbedded under the skin. I know this has been done in other genres. I once saw an American guy who had some skin transplanted to form actual, usable pockets on his thighs. That's going a bit far for me but it does suggest the poosibilities of having a subcutaneous fobwatch...

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Mad Maudlin
Snr. Officer

Defenestratrix

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2010, 01:45:49 am »

Glow, flash, spin, shapeshift, or enable me to BLOW STUFF UP. \m/>_<\m/
SoulScream
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

Mistress Of Black Steam

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2010, 07:24:08 am »

I have a tattoo but it is wee and not steampunk at all. More a tribute to the person who helped me break out of my shell. So to speak.
I am saving to get a new tattoo done, across my collar bone. A mechanical cresent moon with mechanical wings coming out of the sades that extend to my shoulders. I wish I had a scan of the art I doodled for it.

Putting the "punk" into Steampunk.
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2010, 07:39:14 am »

I have suddenly started considering a behind-the-ear tattoo.  I really want a dog paw print, and I just wasn't sure where I wanted to put it, and then I realized that behind the ear is a perfect place.  Smiley 
Picaroon
Snr. Officer

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2010, 08:50:09 am »

I have a tattoo but it is wee and not steampunk at all. More a tribute to the person who helped me break out of my shell. So to speak.
I am saving to get a new tattoo done, across my collar bone. A mechanical cresent moon with mechanical wings coming out of the sades that extend to my shoulders. I wish I had a scan of the art I doodled for it.

Imagining it in my head, the tattoo will look wonderful. I'm especially fond of the idea of mechanical wings. I might incorporate some into the sleeve I'm planning on getting done.

I don't have any tattoos at the moment, but have known what I wanted my first one to be for years. I've recently been thinking of steampunking it up. Since it's a relatively fresh idea, I figure I better postpone getting the tattoo until next year or at least the end of this one to think on it some more.

"'But he was unmoved, and cried: "If I am mad, it is mercy! May the gods pity the man who in his callousness can remain sane to the hideous end!"'
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2010, 04:02:49 pm »

i have five bats of varying sizes behind my right ear. one of the undertakings i'm looking forward to after finishing my sleeve is putting a bat on the flat of the same ear. that, and an Iron Giant tattoo.
DreamHazard
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2010, 05:27:29 pm »

Glow, flash, spin, shapeshift, or enable me to BLOW STUFF UP. \m/>_<\m/
MAD fold-in on the shoulder blades?

TribalWren
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2010, 05:30:47 pm »

Just got some new sexy ink courtesy of the most awesome VG. Not 'steampunk' per se but it IS victorian style linework. It's a two-headed fire phoenix. I love it!  Grin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tribalwren/4886364514/#in/photostream/
Mad Maudlin
Snr. Officer

Defenestratrix

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2010, 06:43:06 pm »

Don't get pregnant. Ever.
DrArclight
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2010, 08:12:22 pm »

I've considered two tattoos, neither steampunk though.  The first one I considered was a barcode of my name on the back of my neck.  Would have to actually be scannable though, to be really cool.  The other is the Earth Point of Origin symbol from Stargate, surrounded by the Stargate itself.
AntonyRB
Gunner
England England

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2010, 10:30:13 pm »

I'm thinking about getting a Vesuvian Man on my back, though it's not steampunk to me it represents the birth of real science.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2010, 10:34:56 pm »

No no, women are from Venus, it´s Mars that men are from.  Cheesy It´s the Vetruvian Man, and I think it had more to do with art than science.
AntonyRB
Gunner
England England

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2010, 12:05:51 am »

No no, women are from Venus, it´s Mars that men are from.  Cheesy It´s the Vetruvian Man, and I think it had more to do with art than science.

Evidentally, I can't spell.

And while I agree, it was a piece of art, it was also an example of a highly proportional, though idealised, view of anatomy. Da vinci was known for studying anatomy very deeply, and the Vitruvian Man is in my mind a good example of how close art and science can be.
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2010, 04:38:03 am »

Just got some new sexy ink courtesy of the most awesome VG. Not 'steampunk' per se but it IS victorian style linework. It's a two-headed fire phoenix. I love it!  Grin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tribalwren/4886364514/#in/photostream/

That is FANTASTIC!  

I did it, I got the ear tattoo.  I'll post pictures soon.  I'm waiting for my brother to leave.  I want to see how long it takes him to notice it.  Cheesy

Edit:
here it is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:43:49 am by Lady Corsair » Logged
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2010, 02:51:05 pm »

Ma Wren,

unless you should decide to carry a baby in your lungs, i see no reason a tattoo should stop you from eventually having children should you decide on such. it's a lovely tattoo, by the way. how did your back heal?
Lady Corsair
Zeppelin Captain

Professed cook

LiLati
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2010, 04:01:30 am »

I know this thread is mostly dead, but I had to post my most recent tattoo:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is right after I got the color, so it's a bit bright (and there's a touch of blood).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: