The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 12:55:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Opportunity ?  (Read 1947 times)
Jake von Slatt
Officer

Brunelian Contraptor

« on: March 01, 2007, 11:01:45 pm »

I'll start this here and let it be moved if deemed appropriate.

A Gentlemen who resides in London wrote me to ask how much I might charge to etch a particular image onto an Altoids tin as I have done before in The Steampunk Workshop.

I replied that my doings there were my antidote to work and I was loathe to accept such a proposition as it would turn my mode of relaxation into work itself.

However, it occurs to me that someone here might relish the opportunity, if so PM me and I will forward your email addresses to him.

Cheers!

Jake.

The Industrial Revolution . . . This time it's personal.
Copper Sulphate
Zeppelin Captain
Denmark Denmark

Teslarian Electrosteam Contraptor

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:16:24 pm »

*Headscratch*  Cheesy

Not sure either where this one belongs, so it will stay here for the time being. 'Services wanted' sounds a bit like Trading though.  Wink

Frank.

July 19th, 02009: Lab project delayed. Local home 'improvement' stores have apparently stopped carrying any kind of quality DIY materials... Huh
July 15th, 02009: Much progress was made today on clearing out my future laboratory, yet there is a ways to go still.
Jake von Slatt
Officer

Brunelian Contraptor

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 11:19:49 pm »

*Headscratch*  Cheesy

Not sure either where this one belongs, so it will stay here for the time being. 'Services wanted' sounds a bit like Trading though.  Wink

Frank.

I though so as well, but the "Makers" are all here.  I thought perhaps it might hang out here a while and then move to trading.  I suspect that this may not be a unique thing. 

Cheers,

Jake.
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:53:02 am »

I'm going to try home etching, following your instructions, and I'm based in the Home Counties,so maybe...

heavyporker
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:17:27 pm »

Well, Mr. Von Slatt, making a living doing steampunkery would be a dream come true... so... I seriously should contemplate this offer.

Too bad I have no experience in this sort of thing, and getting up to speed might take too long for this gentleman, unfortunately.

*sigh*

Darn it!

I hope you all enjoyed Air Kraken Day
Faraque
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 01:06:17 pm »

As a side note to this, I am quite interested in two things I have seen here, though I have neither the room in my home, nor the workspace to attempt it on my own.  Those things being the brass keyboard I saw, and the trilobyte brooch.  I very much would like to own a similar piece in both regards, and would be willing to pay decently to have them done.  If someone here is interested in this, I can be reached at faraque at gmail dot com.  Please feel free to contact me regarding this, especially you Mr. Von Slatt.  I realize it's a form of creative outlet, and not something you want to do as a stressor, but I would love nothing more than to proudly use such a device as you have shown on this forum (referencing the keyboard) or wear as you have shown as well (referencing the brooch).

I thank you for your time in this, and I shall be checking back here over the next couple days should anyone reply to this message here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: