The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 02:59:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forums though not to Steampunk  (Read 330 times)
ectopunk
Deck Hand
United States United States

Gravatar

ectopunk
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:56:57 am »

Hello one and all,

My name is Lee Moore, and I go by the handle ectopunk.  I am a writer, and I have reoriented my blog onto Steampunk at large (with an appreciation of Time as a theme).  You may have caught a couple of my recent postings, and I thought it time to introduce myself.  I am currently working on a short story entitled "The Trifling Mirror of Clementine Washington" that is a quarter complete.  In between breaks I am publishing interviews with artists and writers on the subject of Steampunk or tangents thereof, as well as cheeky articles.  It's all original content (I tend to avoid joining the blogosphere echo chamber, though I am not above writing a blog article answer-article), so I'm quite proud and eager for feedback.  Coming up I have a couple of interviews in the works, one with an artist and another with an engineer.  I also have a Michael Moorcock article on the subject of Steampunk and his seminal work Warlord of the Air in the works.  I hope you will enjoy exploring Steampunk with me from the ground up.

I am not fully immersed in Steampunk, I'm just in that place where what I've seen of it is quite fascinating and what I've read so far is not as stimulating as the costumes and artifacts that people are creating.  I have read a tenth of what is out there, so I don't feel comfortable passing judgment on anything, especially all of Steampunkery.  So that's why I joined up.  I wanted to learn more about the culture, and explore the creation process of the stuff I have come to appreciate.

If you are an artist (that's lowercase "a" because I am not necessarily after a professional, though I prefer to interview someone with a couple of Etsy/ebay/botique/con sales under their belt), or writer (again, lowercase "w" because if you've got a couple of short stories in print), I would love to hear from you.  My interviews are conducted via email, and I send along about seven questions.

Please visit me @ The Map to see what I've been up to.

Cheers,
ectopunk

Read original Steampunk related content @ The Map authored by Lee Moore
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: