The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 08:54:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H.M.A.S Badger ~ Online Æther Ship ~ Member's Wanted  (Read 36979 times)
Major Dan Badger
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

"Is this about his pot plants?"

« on: February 22, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »

What Ho!
Major Dan Badger here, wanting to inform you all of my recent decision to create an online {on this forum} Æther Ship. What this would entail would be what you put into it. Perhaps members could contribute short posts about the daily goings on on the ship, incorporating previous poster's names. I shall try to give you a Ship's Log, every month or so. Any-one may join the Badger, and what title you give yourself is up to you.
You never know, it may work.

Major Dan

Major Dan Badger
Inventor, Explorer, Extrodinaire
Recipient of the Golden Cog for Outstanding Bravery and Valour
Theosophus Grey
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Commanding the FAAS Widow's Son

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:39:39 pm »

Third Officer and Navigator Lieutenant T.M. Grey, reporting for duty - do you have an aetheric compass, or should I bring mine?

A gentleman and a scholar, albeit heavily armed.
dansedesirable
Deck Hand

Christine Danse, nurse & authoress

dansedesirable
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:28:13 am »

Ohh! Sounds like fun!

Given that I know nothing of Aether Ships, I'd probably be the bumbling naturalist who is always tripping about and running out after interesting specimens (thusly putting myself in constant danger -- rather absent-mindedly). That, or the ship's medic -- either on board looking for adventure, or required to take this post to pay back my schooling. (Northern Exposure, anyone?) ^_^
Major Dan Badger
Deck Hand

"Is this about his pot plants?"

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 01:03:40 pm »

Officer Grey, you may bring along your ætheric compass, however should you perhaps lose it in an incident evolving a large sea bass, and an immeasurable amount of wasted harpoons, then you would be welcome to borrow one of the ships.

Ms. Danse, we would be very pleased to have you aboard, perhaps you could do both duties, until our crew expands further.

I have been pondering the subject of getting a ships cat. An acquaintance of mine in Oxford, who I met whilst visiting Haven, the floating city, has a large collection of re-animated animals and plants, powered by steam, and containing complex clockwork mechanisms that give the being a new life. In vulgar terms, he sells clockwork dogs.

MDB
Esme Moore
Snr. Officer

Poet and amateur retrophrenologist

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 02:22:41 pm »

Dear Major Badger

I would like to apply for a job aboard H.M.A.S. Badger, if there is a suitable vacancy.   I do not have a particular outstanding skill, but do have a decent basic grounding in the sciences, can cook sufficiently well to sustain life (I doubt anybody would want to eat my cooking for lengthy periods for choice though), and understand the basics of navigation.  I had hoped to become an Astronomer, astronomy being a passion of mine, but life's circumstances determined that I should be a clerk instead. Perhaps I could be the Navigators Assistant?  Or Ships Records Officer? Quartermaster, perhaps? I also adore cats, and if offered a position aboard H.M.A.S. Badger would be delighted to look after the ships cat, should it be decided to have one.  I regret I do not do so well with dogs, unless they are of very amiable disposition.  I am willing to try my hand at anything within reason, except nursing, as I am somewhat squeamish.   I am reliable and do not scare easily unless unexpectedly confronted with arachnidae.  I look forward to your reply.

Yours respectfully,

Esmerelda Moore (Miss)
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 07:03:32 pm »

Cornelius Nightshade at your service.

As the duly appointed representative if the financial backers of this ship { The New Lloyds’ of London,  to be exact } I will be sticking my nose into any and all places unwanted, other wise making a dammed nuisance of myself.
A picky high maintenance passenger at the best of times, let any of my impossible demands not be promptly met at your peril.

“ I can assure you sir! THAT IT WILL GO IN MY NEXT REPORT!”
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:12:49 pm by Cornelius Nightshade » Logged
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:35 pm »

The door to the bridge of The Æther Ship Badger flew open and standing in the doorway towering with rage was Mr. Cornelius Nightshade.

“ Well! Were the blazes is he! This is an outrage! This ship should have departed hours ago! Can no one tell me if this ships so called captain is even aboard! ”

“ SI ,,SIR,  Major Dan Badger has not yet arrived he sent word that,, “

“ Who the devil are you! “

“ Sir! Third Officer and Navigator Lieutenant T.M. Grey, reporting for duty.

“ Well, at least the THIRD officer is on time and ready for duty, GOOD MAN! Now do you or do you not know how to pilot this ship?

“ Well,, Yes sir I can but Major or rather captain Dan,,”

“ CAPTIAN , Dan should have been on the bridge hours ago! He’s not, and a ship at dock is a ship spending money and earning none. So lets get on the move, NOW. Cast off , or do what ever you need to, to get this shiny new ship earning its keep. “

" Mr. Nightshade, my orders are,, “

“ Orders! Look hear Gray I represent the financial backers of this ship, in short you are in MY employ. Now that can be as third officer and acting captain, or scullery boy. Your choice. “

“ Yes Sir! I understand Sir!
 Engine room power up number one and two engines, prepare to get underway ,,,”

“ Exultant, well done Captain Gray, and get that cat off the bridge”
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:37:24 pm by Cornelius Nightshade » Logged
sevenlies
Officer

Hier kommt der panzermensch!

sevenlies
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 06:43:59 pm »

Good Captain Badger,

Is your fine vessel strictly military or do you accept passengers?  My name is Iphigenia Askew, and I am looking for transport.  I would be glad to pay you a decent sum, and I will gladly aid where-ever is needed.  I know my way around an aether ship due to my stepfather being a ship captain and growing up on one.  I have experience with assorted weapons, so you can rest assured I will not require any of your staff or officers to spend their time doting or protecting me if there are...issues.  I merely ask for a small cabin to sleep and store my few belongings.

I know this is terribly last-minute, but I do need an answer as soon as possible.  I can be ready to leave at a moment's notice.

I eagerly await your response, sir.

Sincerely,

Ms. Iphigenia P. Askew

Iphigenia P. Askew
Founding member of The Ladies Supernatural Exterminators Association - New Orleans Local no. 13

Seven lies multiplied by seven
Multiplied by seven again
Seven angels with seven trumpets
Send them home on the morning train
Mr Mephistopheles Grimm
Deck Hand

I'm Absinthelicious

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 09:24:43 pm »

Mister Mephistopheles D. Grimm, sir! The D stands for many things. Not Doctor however. Good intentioned Mad scientist, occultist, weapons collector, man of many skills, and a composure of poetry.
I am skilled in matters of security and self-defense, as well as occultism. I am a suitable choice should you expect to deal with pirates or mongrels of any sort, or perhaps ethereal and otherworldly creatures of perhaps aggressive inclination? My experience on Aether ships is non-existent, but I learn quickly.

I tip my top hat to you and offer you my sword hand.

We will find a way, or make one. ~ Hannibal
ClockworkToffer
Deck Hand

mechanical nature

pkmntrainerAsh
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 09:58:40 pm »

Attention: Major Dan Badger,

Though I must admit I am rather new at this sort of engagement, it would be a greatest pleasure to find myself as a hand on your ship. The skills I have generally fall between maintenance and upkeep to entertainment, cooking, (and my shot is pretty good). It would be most pleasurable if I could serve as both a conversationalist and a companion to the band you are piecing together. It is possible for me to leave at a moments notice, and it would be fantastic to find myself rising above and away from the dreary life that chains me to the ground. It was never in my nature to be kept in one place, and it is most definitely not my nature to be grounded.

The only items I hold on me are basic survival tools- a single knife, two pistols, rope, assorted guides to nature, and a small compass that has served me very little but is quite fetching. Anyway, this lady awaits and hopes for your approval onto your ship. The goals I have are yet to be truly known, though coming to understand the elements around me in order to aid in my machinery is a bold hope of mine.

I can also learn any duties necessary, and many say that my dancing and bar skills are most entertaining.

Thank you and good day, good Sir,
C.T., miss

-clockworkToffer
"the supreme type of vice"
Reverend Panic
Zeppelin Captain

Steamsloth

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »

Morgan Panic, requesting a place onboard. I just want to get out the city, I know my way around the fiddle and the Pistol, both of which I shall naturally supply. I have keen eyesight and a grounding in Botanical science and chemistry which I wouldn't mind persueing. So I'm happy to knock up tinctures and the like.

I just need to get away from here... I'm a fast learner, never been on an Æther Ship before...

Come and chat in the IRC, #Brassgoggles on Freenode, or click this link for the Browser based IRC Application:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=brassgoggles

(We have cookies.)
sevenlies
Officer

sevenlies
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 10:35:00 pm »

Will someone be opening up the appropriate threads in the RP forum?  Smiley
Jemima Annabelle Clough
Rogue Ætherlord

When you're tired of tea, you're tired of life

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 12:11:13 am »

Will someone be opening up the appropriate threads in the RP forum?  Smiley

Or I could just move this one there...

...which I may well do anyway Smiley

Remember: Stressed backwards spells desserts
---
Fellow of the RS
Botanist and sometime adventurer
Wife of A E Clough
---
Flame throwing priestess of the really hot fire
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 12:59:10 am »

Seeing the gathered throng at the soon to be drawn in gangway I move to the front and address the crowd.

“ LADIES AND GENTALMEN IF I CAN HAVE YOUR ATTENTION FOR A MOMENT,
Thank you,
I am Mr. Cornelius Nightshade, I am NOT a crew member, but I can speak with some authority at this time.

Yes, this this ship is still taking on passengers as well as crew members, passengers if of course you can pay for your passage and as for crew Acting Captain Gray can I am sure use any willing hands experienced or not.
Feel free to see to him for your assignments.

This  Aether Ship is bound first to Moon Base Victoria to gather supplies then after a stop over on Mars and the settlements on her moons going on to bring supplies to the mining outposts in the asteroid belt before returning to earth.  
If such a voyage meets your needs then be welcome.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ now, out of character and I hate doing that. This is not my thread I just wanted to get it moving before it got lost in the many new posts so I kind of jumped in. So IF or WHEN our host “ Major Dan Badger “ reasserts himself I will be more then happy to step back. In till such a time please, feel free so jump in as you like, as I have NO clue what I am doing PLEASE jump in!}

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:19:55 am by Cornelius Nightshade » Logged
Zuttle D. Curious
Snr. Officer

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 01:49:32 am »

Looks around at the crowd of people and coughs nervously. Listens to some cranky aristocratic gent spiel for a moments time.

This  Aether Ship is bound first to Moon Base Victoria to gather supplies then after a stop over on Mars and ...

Nodds in approval and starts to look for the entrance of the ship. Takes one last look around to make sure noone is paying attention to her as she sneaks aboard.
sevenlies
Officer

sevenlies
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 03:24:32 am »

{ OOC - I do believe that we need to move this thread to the proper forum - if a moderator could do so, I'll gladly open up an OOC thread.  Also, I'm assuming we would post character descriptions in the OOC thread as well? }

Iphigenia yanked her trunk and bags from atop the carriage just in time to catch Mr. Nightshade's speech.  Good thing I decided to get to the ship even though I hadn't heard from Major Badger.  She handed the cabbie the money for his fare, then turned, popped open her parasol, and briskly walked towards the gangway, rolling her trunk behind her.  For a lady, she carried little luggage - a steamer trunk on wheels, a worn olive drab duffel bag strapped to the steamer, and another olive drab pack carried on her shoulders.  On the duffel bag and the backpack were faded army stencils reading "U.S. of A. Clementine".

As she made her way through the crowds, she noticed Mr. Nightshade at the end of the gangway, speaking to others clamoring to get on the ship.  His cheeks were red, and he seemed flustered and out of his element.  As she stood in line to speak with him, she looked him up and down.  Very well-tailored suit, good cut and fit, decent material.  Must be a financier or banker, she thought.  Wonder how long that nice suit will last.  The last gentleman like him on the Clementine couldn't get off the ship fast enough.  He waved quite a few people over to another gentleman, who she assumed was the acting Captain Gray.  He looked a bit flustered as well, although less than Mr. Nightshade, scribbling down tasks and specialties people were yelling at him from every direction.  Poor man, she thought.  I wonder where the missing Major Badger is?  I bet Mr. Gray didn't count on being captain today of all days.  As she stood in the line, trying to watch her bags, she noticed someone - girl or boy, she couldn't tell from there - slipping into the ship unnoticed.  Oh dear.  I hope they're not caught.

When her turn came up to speak to Mr. Nightshade, she put on her most brilliant smile, set down her trunk handle, and held out her hand to shake.  "Mr. Nightshade, correct?  My name is Iphigenia Askew.  I would like to pay for passage on this ship.  Would you be the person I speak to for such things?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:27:16 am by sevenlies » Logged
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:33 am »

“Ahh, No, as matter of fact I am not a ticket agent I am  a financier Ms. Askew. The gentlemen at that desk to my left can help you with that, and what if I may ask is your destination?"

Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 07:19:22 am »

The last few people clamor aboard everyone is given a place to sit safely for launch, after tea is served of course.
 Docking clamps released a wild cheer from the well wishers on the loading platform. Then the thunderous roar of the thrusters as the HMS Badger rises majestically into the air amid confetti and celebration.

Airships just outside the restricted launch zone are crowded with spectators ladies and gentlemen who paid well for a front row seat. Why not, its not every day a new aether ship takes flight.

Lifting slowly at first in till she was just above the clouds then like a streak of lighting she shoots into the sky with the promises of excitement and adventure.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:21:24 am by Cornelius Nightshade » Logged
ClockworkToffer
Deck Hand

mechanical nature

pkmntrainerAsh
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 07:55:35 am »

I hope the Major does not mind that I hopped on board... I saw the rush and figured if half of these people could come on, he couldn't mind me being part of the crew. Hell, I at least wrote a letter, at least I was not sneaking on board. It's a step up for me!

Sipping tea, being sure not to draw too much attention to herself, C.T. looked throughout the crowd. Many of the passengers were not the sort she would expect to be drawn to the ship. Perhaps she was not entirely sure what this adventure would hold. Accepting fate as it were, she drew her small compass from her pocket, the dial remained stationary, for the first time in quite some time it did not spin wildly about. Time to figure out what is happening around here...

"Excuse me." C.T. would occasionally muster, as she set down her tea and started her front towards the gentleman who seemed to be directing the parades. After bumping into a few kindly looking men and women, C.T. approached a certain gentleman. He dressed finer than the other aristocrats and seemed to radiate a certain powerful aura around him. Hiking up her skirt a notch and verifying the safety of her flask that rested off her belt, she moved forward.

"Ah! It is time to depart already? Perhaps I can be of some service as the ship lifts?"
A sudden jerk, and the feeling of ascent started. The aether ship was bound for the skies, and this toffer hoped to make a positive first impression and set a pace of involvement that would guarantee extended passage to the ship.

Reverend Panic
Zeppelin Captain

Steamsloth

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:25 am »

Morgan spends pretty much the entirety of the launch glued to a Window, staring outside with a look of mixed terror and astonishment as the ground flies away from him. His tea going cold in his hands.
sevenlies
Officer

sevenlies
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 12:32:03 pm »

"Ah, yes.  Thank you Mr. Nightshade.  Didn't see one about so I figured I'd speak to the person in charge.  I'll be heading to our first stop, and perhaps going from there."  Mr. Nightshade nodded and turned away, and Iphigenia picked up her trunk handle and looked around for the ticket buyers.  Catching a glimpse of a young man swallowed by the crowds at a small desk, she strode over to him, paid for ferry to the Moon Base, and carried her luggage on board.

She made her way to her cabin, a small room with an ever smaller bathroom.  It's been years since I've been on an aether ship - and this is the first interstellar trip I've ever had to make, she thought as she freshened up for tea and disembarkation.  I do hope some people on board can answer my questions.  I never thought I'd have to go this far to find my brother.  Finding every hair in place, she nodded at herself in the mirror, grabbed her reticule, strapped on her chatelaine, and strode out to the lounge for some refreshment.

As she stood at the window, with others around, she felt the familiar jerk and shake as the docking clamps released.  The staff were scurrying around outside, ensuring that everything was in place, untying ropes, all-too-typical docking procedure.  She braced herself with her legs as the ship began to alight, and glanced at the other passengers.  Mr. Nightshade seemed to have retreated to his office, as financiers often do.  Others seemed like typical passengers with too much money, not in this for adventure or love of the flight, but merely because they had the money.  She thought about the money she had to use to get here, and how she looked too much like these same passengers.  She chuckled to herself and sipped her tea as she thought what these people would think of her if they knew how she preferred to act.  The jeers of her former school mates rang in her brain - Proper ladies don't play with weapons!  Proper ladies don't spend time with the mechanics!  Proper ladies don't get grease on their clothes!  Proper ladies don't marry clockworker apprentices!

Shaking her head a bit to clear her brain, she turned to get more tea - and noticed a gentleman standing next to her at the window, eyes agape and hand holding his teacup so tightly it might break.  Must be his first flight.  She refilled her cup, then walked back over to him.

"Excuse me, sir, are you all right?"
Theosophus Grey
Snr. Officer

Commanding the FAAS Widow's Son

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 12:55:30 pm »

On the bridge, Lt. (Acting Captain, indeed!) T.M. Grey oversaw the maiden launch of the Badger with a firm hand and voice, honed from thirty years in the American wet and air navies, trying hard to maintain his composure after being dressed-down by the black suited financier Nightshade.  Bugger the rich, he thought to himself as the clamps released and the ship took gracefully to the air - it's those of us who get our hands dirty that get the job done.  Pulling at the slightly tight collar of his old woolen officer's jacket and brushing his hand through short greying hair, he brought himself back to the task at hand.

"All ahead two-thirds, Mr. Lemming" he directed the helmsman, "and  make revolutions for fifty knots until we clear the atmosphere".  Where can Dan be? We'll have to send the launch for him, if he can radio us before we leave the gravity well.  Clearing the stratospheric cloud layer, the stars suddenly came out sharp and shining, and Theo felt at home again.  I think I'm quite ready for another adventure...
Zuttle D. Curious
Snr. Officer

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 06:10:36 pm »

So far, an Aether ship turned out to be very much like swaying ground. Ignoring this fun fact, Zuttle made her way down a long hall. Blast it, Where am I now? What this ship needs is a good map! She took note as she passed a small hallway to the bridge, she heard a man barking orders at other men and a few woman, Hmmm... Tieing up the Major hasn't caused as much of a stir as I had hoped. Still I suppose it shall do.  Zuttle hurried along looking out each window, she avoided eye contact with anyone she passed. She wanted no attention to herself.

Entering a large room filled with people, many of which seemed very rich, most looking out windows, or busy in little conversations with each other. Judging by the tattered state of her clothes, She was not going to fit in here. Spying a waiter, she grabbed him by the shoulder, "'ey, I'm really late, I was assigned serving duty, but I couldn't find the kitchen, 'elp a girl out?" He pointed her to the kitchen. Thanking him she made her way there.
    "HEY! Get out! Passengers aren't allowed in here!" A rather irritated cook started to yell at her.
    "I don't know about that sir! I was told to get to the kitchens and help..."
    "Uniforms are in the closet there, hurry up and get changed." He said looking back down at his work. She nodded and hurried to the closet.
    On her way back the cook didn't even look up at her. She grabbed a tray of a lot of good smelling delicate biscuits and remembered how hungry she was. She snitched one and headed out the door weaving her way through the many tables, Replenishing the many empty plates of biscuits.
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 09:19:47 pm »

Ahh, back in my stateroom at last, what a morning! Touch and go for a moment or two but who would have imagined things could work out so well.

From the moment construction on this ship began I have been skimming off money to the tune of a small fortune, well all right quite a big fortune to be truthful. All safely  and untraceably sent away to mars, all I have to do is collect it

Oh thank god for that brilliant fool Major Dan Badger, gone who knows were. When the money is discovered missing and him not even showing up at the launch,,, why he will look guilty as sin! The little innuendos I dropped with the board members who attended the launch will set them on poor old captain Dan’s trail. It would not surprise me if warrants for his arrest were Witten out before we reach the moon base.

Nothing to do but sit back and enjoy the trip. Plenty of wealthy passengers by the look of them. With the luck I am having it would be a crime not to get into a friendly little card game. Not to mention the women I have seen boarding, a smile a wink and some sentimental flattery. Why if I arrive at Mars with only one fortune it will be because I haven’t tried at all!

A clean shirt a quick glass of brandy later, and I am off to the lounge
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 07:26:04 am »

A high-speed Postal Service Packet blimp roars up from the Post-office dock far below, its triple-expansion engine running full out, the twin props making a racket of their own as they cavitate at a speed approaching that of sound itself, as the tiny ship's sole passenger has shown to the pilot and crew a wad of pound notes of such size that it would cause heart attacks among those of a bookkeeping bent (And very nearly did so to the pilot and crew as well).

M.W. Bailey stands in what would be the prow of the craft's suspended, roofless multiple-purpose platform, his salt-and-pepper hair blowing wildly in the wind where it isn't covered by a large newsboy beret,  and his lightly-tanned face squinting though his teardrop goggles, which almost, but not quite, hide the eyepatch over his left eye; not frowning, exacty, but not precisely smiling, either, the heavy and wide handlebar moustache enhancing the serious expression. Bailey had intended to use the wad to pay for a commission on board, but has spent most of his savings just to be able to catch the HMASBadger as it pulls up to the clouds. He sees the Badger's Ship's door coming into view ahead, looks around the packet blimp, and notices that there should be just enough room so that a gangplank can span the distance between platform and Ship's door. He puts on his airman's gloves, straps his pack onto his back, first making sure the retaining strap is tightly wrapped around the handle of the massive Royal Indian Air Security Service standard-issue Khukuri knife that hangs under his left arm on an old-style airman's baldric, and that the lacings on the frog holding the knife's scabbard are pulled up tight.

He checks all of his lanyards, especially those of the knife, his revolver (at right hip), and his goggles, which he adjusts as he hands the wad to the pilot, and then removes his newsboy hat and reaches over and puts it in the breast pocket of the coat of the business suit he purchased the day before, and reaches overhand, backwards to the small opening left in the top of the pack,  and pulls his helmet (a sheet steel pith--style helmet painted oyster-white, bullet-and-other-dents painted over with the rest the white paint contrasting sharply with tyeh dark gray trousers and coat), and puts in on and fastens the chin strap. He reaches back again and pulls out a folded leather megaphone from his pack, and rolls and latches it together, passes the lanyard loop over his head and ties it to the knife baldric. Bailey then adjusts his clothing one more time, glancing down at his Wellingtons (pant legs placed inside the tops) to be sure he hasn't missed any spots while re- blacking them. Then, after the Pilot sounds the blimp's rude-sounding warning horn, he shouts through the megaphone,

"AHOY, H.M.A.S. BADGER!  PERMISSION TO COME ABOARD?! I'M HERE FOR THE SECURITY OFFICER OPENING! MAY WE EXTEND OUR GANGPLANK?"

He repeats the message once more until the door opens, and an officer beckons. The Postal airmen extend the plank, and M.W. crosses and grasps the profferred hand of the Badger's officer in attendance and stands just within the doorway, saying, "MW Bailey, formerly Air Detective Sergeant, Royal Indian Air Security Service, Sir! I'm here about the Ad in the Times for a Senior Security Officer? Sorry about the entrance, but the coach was held up, and the usual customs snarls ensued; they seem to be getting slower, I'd wager."

The blimp crew chose that moment to pull back the gangplank and peel away before the still-rising ships left the part of the sky where breathable air existed, and then the officer pulled him inside, politely, explaining that they needed to "maintain airtight integrity" from now on.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:56:05 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: