The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 05:14:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone accurately make small metal designs?  (Read 2999 times)
Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 01:36:41 pm »

Well that looks very interesting, must give it a go sometime.
Thanks for the link

Visit my Facebook page Jason's Gems Jewellery at jasonsgemsjewellery
or my website Jason's Gems
jringling
Time Traveler
United States United States

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 03:18:23 pm »

Well that looks very interesting, must give it a go sometime.
Thanks for the link

It does work, but be sure to get the front and back lined up...

I have made these using 2 sided etching:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The 2 were slightly off on the skull, hence the odd edges that wouldn't clean up completely...

Danbury Shakes
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 02:41:58 am »

Hey, I love that Skull.  You say it was misalighen (I read that after I saw the picture) but I thought WOW That just so cool, love the chaotic outline, though not too sure it needed the rivets.

To be truthful I love all of them.  The detail on the gold hanger looks brilliant.  I guess you let it etch a bit them painted a stop over it.  Looking at the Empire State Building, nice straight lines.  Does this technique undercut the area masked out (i.e. are the etched areas straight into the metal or do they spread out as it get's etched more going slightly under the masked area)?

What power source did you use?  Car Battery?  Could a battery charger / trickle charger work?  For some strange reason I have loads of Nokia phone chargers but no Nokia phones, do you think it would work on 3.7 volts so I could at least put these to some use Smiley ?
Professor Damien Tremens
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 06:51:31 am »

What power source did you use?  Car Battery?  Could a battery charger / trickle charger work?  For some strange reason I have loads of Nokia phone chargers but no Nokia phones, do you think it would work on 3.7 volts so I could at least put these to some use Smiley ?

You only need a single D cel battery. Really. Everything else works, but you don't need to get into the heavy duty gear unless you are
doing really large areas.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: