The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 03:49:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REICHPUNK - Aesthetics of the Third Reich  (Read 11437 times)
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2016, 05:29:30 pm »

This place is getting too quiet.

I don't understand. People get all jumpy around a WWII German thread just in case some happy monkey "sends in the trolls". Then have a moment because the thread is getting too sensible? Or quiet? "I'm sorry I just can't stand beige Nazi discussions! They are SO boring! Lackey! bring me my swastika knuckledusters! It's time to liven this shizer up a touch!"

One has to wonder what the "satisfaction criteria" for this thread is. Cheesy

Does gaining a certain satisfaction  from generating  a moment of moral outrage  and indignation make me a bad person
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2016, 08:25:00 pm »

It's called "sociopathy"  Cheesy Grin.

I have to deal with a coworker who suffers bouts of it (for real, not play like comments in this thread). She really enjoys causing pain on others.  As I'm her favourite "punching bag" it's not so much fun when you're in the receiving end. She knows she's untouchable because of her gender and her tenure at the job. But I confess I've been very close to dragging her out to the parking lot and settling accounts "the masculine way" but it's not my nature and know I can't do that without getting in serious trouble... Damned gender binary!  Angry  Grin

Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2016, 03:20:07 pm »

Yeah. I think I'll just stick to my Weimar Era flapper look.  But a quick browse through Walmart's web page shows they may come close to selling something like that vinyl totalitarian outfit  Cheesy

https://www.walmart.com/ip/192437392

You see my main problem with this is Walmart putting the words Vinyl and romper together. I've never known anyone able to romp in vinyl, it invariably ends badly.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Board Moderator
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2016, 09:05:17 pm »

Well. I'm not particularly interested in 3rd Reich era paraphernalia.  Not my era. But seeing as this thread is just continuing and I imagine some may have some interest in this, here you go:

Eva Braun's knickers just were auctioned off for nearly £3000...  Roll Eyes  Lips sealed Grin

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-37897103
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2016, 09:33:55 pm »

Hopefully not to someone hoping to clone Hitler.

Resurrectionist and freelance surgeon.
Hurricane Annie
Zeppelin Captain
New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2016, 04:21:35 pm »

It's called "sociopathy"  Cheesy Grin.

I have to deal with a coworker who suffers bouts of it (for real, not play like comments in this thread). She really enjoys causing pain on others.  As I'm her favourite "punching bag" it's not so much fun when you're in the receiving end. She knows she's untouchable because of her gender and her tenure at the job. But I confess I've been very close to dragging her out to the parking lot and settling accounts "the masculine way" but it's not my nature and know I can't do that without getting in serious trouble... Damned gender binary!  Angry  Grin

There is one in every work place. Though  some are far more indidious than others. It is  a limited version of what crates  totalitarian  dictators.  It starts from the same seed 
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2016, 01:07:42 pm »

Hopefully not to someone hoping to clone Hitler.

Worst case scenario, given the nature of biology: They'd only get Half a Hitler H'anyway......
oldskoolpunk
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2016, 10:05:14 am »

Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2016, 12:22:08 pm »

What/where is that?
oldskoolpunk
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2016, 08:51:11 pm »

One of the above is the Magical Congress of the United States building from "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". The other is the Trump hotel in Washington.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2016, 09:18:29 am »

Hmm, so nothing to do with this then.
Atterton
Time Traveler

Only The Shadow knows

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »

One building I feel could fit well into Welthaupstadt Germania is the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington DC. It has those collonades and overtly vertical stonework architecture that Speer had.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: