The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 19, 2017, 08:05:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a person to work on Steampunk inventions  (Read 1590 times)
ModVic
Swab

United States United States

« on: January 18, 2010, 02:51:49 pm »

My name is Bruce Rosenbaum, and my wife, Melanie and I started our own Victorian Home Restoration business -- Modvic (www.modvic.com). We are now doing Steampunk home design and need help finding folks to build Steampunk mods for our designs. You can see what we've done to our own home: www.steampunkworkshop.com/visit-steampunked-home. Alot of our projects involve infusing modern technology into Victorian or antique items. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Bruce
Captain Quinlin Hopkins
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:34:55 pm »

Quite an interesting home you've created there, I guess I'd missed this as I've been too busy working 80+ a week recently.  But to the topic at hand.

If you've spent any time browsing around here you understand we've quite a few talented individuals who could easily create just about anything you can dream up.  You can, of course, wait for them to post their next contrivance and simply buy it.  Or perhaps you can give a general outline of what you are wanting to add.  Either a list of wants and needs, or of dislikes.  Any parameters to work within are better than none.  Do you mind plastics being used as a base if they are properly painted?  Do you want to stick with natural materials?  would blending the two be acceptable?  Do you want glowing lights that pulse as some remnant of a good sci-fi movie, or do you want to see the soft glow of vacuum tubes coming to life.  Could it have Victorian style components in a visible area, but hidden solid state electronics do the actual work? 

Hopefully you see the quandary. 

Perhaps you'd prefer submissions and the commission what suits your fancy?

Sincerely,
Captain Quinlin Hopkins (Hoppy)

Do not ignore the freedoms of someone else, for eventually you will be someone else! 

DFW Steampunk Illumination Society
WillRockwell
Zeppelin Captain

Revisiting history until we get it right

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:59:54 pm »

I see you are already working with the master - Von Slatt. As you are in the US and possibly near me (NYC) you may wish to view some of my lighting designs. Many of my favorites have sold, but several can be seen at my Etsy site, just click on my banner.

Gryphon
Snr. Officer

A is for Aether

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 08:23:05 pm »

My shop specializes in architectural-scale fiberglass or cast stone decorative elements, and short-run production mold sets.  I just finished manufacturing a run of fiberglass repro "stamped tin" ceiling and cornice panels as part of a Victorian-era office restoration, and am currently fabricating a life-sized Art Nouveau-esque bronze-finish fiberglass female figure whose uplifted skirt forms the bowl of a drinking fountain for this same client.  PM if you would like to see a portfolio or sample photos of a particular project build, or need a bid.  Serious inquiries only, please.

SteamCollective
Deck Hand

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 04:17:35 am »

The Toledo Steam & Pneumatic Collective is now available to review designs for custom contraption.  We are almost through with our first PC mod (which is the first techno-contraption for us as a collective), the Allen-Bradley Electro-Hydraulic Personal Calculographic Engine.  Pictures and a description of the parts used will be available tomorrow, and will be posted in their own topic in the appropriate bureau.  We also have several designs in the works for guitar and bass amp mods, cellular radio-telephones, and a multi-unit Calculographic Engine for public use in our cafe.  You can contact us by electro-post at nodoubtinfo@gmail.com, or you can call us directly at RAdical 0-7305 in the 419 exchange (419-720-7305...we're  in Toledo, OH!)  Contact us with the details and we can discuss how the Steam Collective works (as far as 'pricing' is concerned...we're an anti-capitalist collective).  Hope to hear from you soon!

In Steam-Powered Solidarity!
Wesley from the Steam Collective

The Toledo Steam & Pneumatic Collective
Designers and Fabricators of fine Steam and Pneumatic Contraptions for the Practical and Discerning Steampunk Adventurer.
www.myspace.com/steamcollective

The Steam Collective
c/o Toledo Community Assets Building
1420 Cherry Street
Toledo, OH 43608
Hardwick Steam Impl. Co.
Gunner

You can find me in the lab...

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 06:43:31 am »

I found your site when researching projects a couple of months ago. I very much admire your home and the variety of wonderful devices in it.

If I can be of service-> www.hardwickhousewares.com.

Dr. Emiel Kozlowski, at your service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: