The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 23, 2018, 10:38:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minnesota Steampunks  (Read 15213 times)
Friday
Swab

United States United States

« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:06 am »

Hello!

Introducing myself.  I'm a *cough* 40 something y/o woman who's been interested in SteamPunk for quite a while now.  Without really knowing it, I dressed in SteamPunk through Hs and College.   I would like to join up with this group and start attending events.  My daughter has already approached the idea of here and I attending the Renaissance Festival in Steampunk, so we'd love to go with this group.

I sew, and sew well, so if anyone ever wants help with costuming.... I also have a commercial embroidery machine, and do lampworking.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2012, 02:03:18 am »

Welcome to Brass Goggles Friday!

Very glad to have you with us. My wife, cousin (more like my little brother), and his friends are all very excited to attend this years Ren fest and would be delighted to meet other Minnesota Steampunks that can also attend. We should know within a month or so which Sunday we will all be attending and I believe most of us are making it an all day outting.

More likely it will be one of the last couple of Sundays of the fest. The logic is that the weather will be a bit cooler out which is nicer while wearing layers of clothing. And if it rains, well we will be armed with our umbrellas  Wink

The last couple of years of attending the fest we have received much more positive responses than negative while dressed Steampunk. Which is more reason to keep doing it!

It's all about having a good time right?

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

HMA Todd, Combined Highland Expeditionary Force

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2012, 02:17:14 pm »

So who is going to CONvergence this weekend?

If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
-Spider Robinson
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »

So who is going to CONvergence this weekend?

Sadly I am forced to work pretty much everyday during the Con. Including the 4th Sad
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2012, 05:56:28 am »

I apoligize for the double post but I just had to share some pics of Mrs. Voltin and I at the Lake Superior Train Museum this Summer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you are ever in Duluth I recommend visiting there. We had a great time!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:58:13 am by Voltin » Logged
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2012, 09:18:31 pm »

My wife, cousin and his girlfriend will be out at the Renaissance Festival on Sunday the 30th wearing our Steampunk outfits. If anyone will be out that day we would love to meet you.

Groomporter

I believe we met a few years ago and I forget the name of your booth. Let me know and we shall stop by for a visit.
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2012, 07:25:05 pm »

We're MacGregor Games, right across the street from Alice the Cook's demo area.
spcglider
Officer

Fifty characters isn't enough to write my message!

« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2012, 05:20:17 am »

Just stopped by to let all you good folks know I'm scheduled as a guest at this year's TeslaCon in Madison Wisconsin.

There are only 30 some memberships left for the convention. You have been warned!  Smiley

-Gordon

Professor Gordon Elias Weatherbee, Tinker and Time Travel Machine Repair. All models serviced.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2012, 09:32:59 pm »

Would love to attend this years TeslaCon but it would prove pretty difficult to get time off of work.
I guess there is always next year.

My wife and a couple of cousins will be out at the Renaisaance Festival this Sunday from 11:30am to about 3:30pm. We will be going as Steampunk Time Travelers and should not be to difficult to spot depending on how many people will be there. Would love to meet anyone that is out there that day.

We will probably be stopping to get Mead and Gyros a couple of times throughout the day.

A large group of my fellow 501st and Rebel legion friends will be dressed as characters from Monty Python's Holy Grail and may be strolling along with them as well.
BrassValkyrie
Swab

Gravatar

Writer, baker, maker!

murphyfdelaney
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2012, 09:47:09 am »

Hello Minnesota steampunks!

I'm new to Minnesota (I'm down in southern MN, about an hour and a half from the Twin Cities) but I'm old hat at steampunk. I look forward to being a part MN steampunk. Smiley

I am the monster hiding under your bed. And your maid has been slacking.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2012, 01:34:51 am »

Welcome to Brass Goggles Brass Valkyrie!
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2013, 02:25:54 am »

Just bumping this thread to let fellow Minnesota Steampunks I am still alive and well. Also I would like to make those who are not aware of this event. I'm not sure if they will be holding it again in 2014 but I hope so, because I really would like to attend.

SteamPunk Spectacular tease

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:28:05 am by Voltin » Logged
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »

This is really short notice but I just wanted to mention that my wife and I will be attending The Minnesota Renaissance Festival this coming Sunday. And now that the Weather forecast is projecting the temp should be in the upper 70's I have decided to go wearing my Steampunk Attire once again.

Here is a pic of what I should be wearing. Well I may be wearing my black bowler hat with goggles, burgundy pinstripe trousers, red ascot no tail coat and gloves instead. I will have on my Amber color pince nez sunglasses and black waistcoat with pocket watch. Haven't really decided.

Please feel free to stop me and have a chat if you encounter us. My wife may or may not be dressed in her outfit.

Victor
(aka Victor VonVoltin)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:07:12 pm by Voltin » Logged
Drew P
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2013, 01:12:22 pm »

Sure hope it was warm enough for her.
Ha!  Wink Cheesy

Never ask 'Why?'
Always ask 'Why not!?'
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2013, 08:53:53 pm »

For those that may be interested

http://mn-soc.org/events/

Unfortunately Mrs. Voltin and I will be unable to attend  :'(
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2014, 09:14:48 pm »

Someone is trying to get a weekend steampunk event off the ground in Red Wing MN. It's described as a steampunk party and campout. May 31st & June 1st. https://www.facebook.com/events/673680129338533
ezioeli7
Swab

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2014, 03:07:30 am »

South Minneapolis all the way guys. Anybody gonna see the Steam Powered Giraffe when they come in May?
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2014, 03:29:35 am »

Someone is trying to get a weekend steampunk event off the ground in Red Wing MN. It's described as a steampunk party and campout. May 31st & June 1st. https://www.facebook.com/events/673680129338533

Sounds very interesting. My wife and I were just discussing how we would like to go back to Redwing and visit the many Antique shops in town. Unfortunately I am not on Facebook. Could you please keep me updated on this event Groomporter?
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2014, 03:33:13 am »

South Minneapolis all the way guys. Anybody gonna see the Steam Powered Giraffe when they come in May?

Welcome ezioeli7!

I may try and attend their show if I can make it happen. I remember hearing something about them coming to the Twin Cities recently.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2014, 10:26:17 pm »

Is anyone attending Wizard World Minneapolis in May?
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2014, 08:19:48 pm »

Bump
Teetering Tim
Deck Hand

Working man's desire

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2014, 02:32:54 am »

Voltin, I am originally from the Northern Wisconsin/ Minneapolis area. I return quite regularly to visit. Steam Powered Giraffe is probably my favorite band ever and if they are coming I absolutely need to be back for that. Just wondering if you know any details about the show! Thanks

"To where are you bound my young lad?"
"Not where sire, but when"
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2014, 03:40:59 am »

Voltin, I am originally from the Northern Wisconsin/ Minneapolis area. I return quite regularly to visit. Steam Powered Giraffe is probably my favorite band ever and if they are coming I absolutely need to be back for that. Just wondering if you know any details about the show! Thanks

Hello Teetering Tim!

I was just up at a friend's cabin in Siren Wisconsin this last weekend and had a blast. There is sure a lot of Loons up there. Of the Avian sort I speak of.

I am so glad there are people responding to this thread. I thought that my wife and I were the only surviving Steampunks in all of Minnesota.

This is what I have been able to dig up concerning the Steam Powered Giraffes. Just scroll down to "Concerts" and also they are listed as Special Guests down at the bottom.

http://animinneapolis.com/events
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2014, 08:07:47 pm »

This last Saturday my wife and I attended Wizard World Comic Con Minneapolis and it wasn't that good... It was Spectacular!

We knew that the Delorean from Back to the Future would be there and so we decided to dress Steampunk and take our picture next to it. This time my wife decided to do a cross between Steampunk and Dieselpunk.
We also donated to the Parkinson's disease foundation.

Later on I changed into my Star Wars Shadow Trooper.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:09:51 pm by Voltin » Logged
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2017, 01:07:58 am »

Any Minnesotans still around here? We just found out we have been approved as vendors at "13 Gears" http://13gears.yolasite.com/ in February here in Minneapolis. We'll be peddling our line of historic games and I might even have a gadget cane or two.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: