The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
January 20, 2018, 10:18:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minnesota Steampunks  (Read 15189 times)
HettyB
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »

Will not be able to Promenade at Mounds Park today. Sad  Soon, but not today.  Need to get some sleep.

Mr. Danali Walker-Manx
Gunner

Armchair adventurer

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 04:52:20 am »

Nor was I able to attend. I hope a pleasant time was had by all. Lovely day for it.
HettyB
Gunner

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 09:35:54 pm »

I don't think anybody actually Promenades at Mounds Park, yet.  And it was a lovely day for it, mores the pity. Sad  There is a small chance I'll be able to promenade next Sunday.  My mother will be in town for the weekend.  Depends on what she wants to do.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 11:37:14 pm »

I have posted this before but thought I would share with all of you MN Steampunks.

Staying here with my wife for our 1st year wedding anniversary.

http://www.rivertowninn.com/oscar_wilde.html

For those of you that have not been to Stillwater, I highly recommend checking it out.

"We often mingle with the world, but our discovery is hidden away, as it can be in a small compass, and no one suspects who or what we are. We pass as tourists among our fellow-men" - Mystery Airship Pilot 1858-1898
Spencer Winfield Jacobs
Deck Hand

Cannon Ball

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 04:46:18 am »

Saint Paul SteamRat checking in!

As for the CONvergence inquiries going around, I will be there in some fashion or another.
Being on the CON Committee, you will probably see me working at Registration or Volunteering in the SuperCon room.
I don't know if I'll be donning any steampunk accouterments while there, but you may see me bringing out my old Deadpool costume. 

Rufus Mortimer
Gunner

Unacceptable.

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 10:44:46 pm »

Hello to all, I hail from Hopkins. I will try to make it to an event at Mound if it happens again with some chaps in the future.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 12:33:22 am »

Ok so who attended ConVergence this year?

And of those who has pics?

Unfortunately I was stuck working that weekend Sad but was photographed by a photographer that was taking photos of other Steampunks at the Con.
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

HMA Todd, Combined Highland Expeditionary Force

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 01:26:16 am »

I didn't take any pics this year unfortunately, barely went in costume except for my kilt.

Anyone going the Teslacon in Madison this November?
http://www.teslacon.org/main/index.html

If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
-Spider Robinson
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 12:32:24 am »

Will any one be going to the Minnesota Renfest next Sunday?
My wife and I should be there in full Steampunk attire ran or shine.
Hoping to meet some of you out there.
Moonracer
Snr. Officer

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2010, 04:38:58 am »

Darn Voltin you missed me by a day I was out on Saturday. But its looking like I may sneak out again on the 25 of Sept for Day of Wrong, this time though I'll have the children.

The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 01:14:53 pm »

There everyday in my booth MacGregor Games  Roll Eyes Try our card game Pope Joan which was fairly popular in the Victorian era.
KiraMoto
Deck Hand

the manly steamstress

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:19 am »

There everyday in my booth MacGregor Games  Roll Eyes Try our card game Pope Joan which was fairly popular in the Victorian era.

I am now quite sad that i couldnt get my friends to go into macgregor games with me. also live in minnesota- sounding off. went last saturday in steamy attire with a steamed engineer and a steampunked pirate... and almost go shown up by another steam group- dude had i pipe... i cant compete with that.
Rufus Mortimer
Gunner

Unacceptable.

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:47 pm »

Was just at Ren. Fest. yesterday with some chaps. Beautiful day to have gone, not sure if I saw anyone from the forum there. Have some pictures, but not much, I'll post them if anyone wants to see.
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 11:37:04 pm »

Anyone going the Teslacon in Madison this November?
http://www.teslacon.org/main/index.html

Got our room reserved and tickets purchased. Polishing my spats and charging up the ray gun...
We may be demonstrating (and maybe selling) one of our more Victorian games, and may be teaching a couple classic games like Whist.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 01:15:24 am »

Yes please post some pictures Rufus I would love to see them.

Here are a couple of the wife and I at the Renfest. Enjoy!

Lady Kensington Gore
Gunner

Pioneer of Carbon Crispies

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 06:37:12 am »

New member, sounding off, I reside in Saint Paul.
Alas, I would like to attend TeslaCon, but have other pressing engagements. A less formal gathering of local steampunkers some other time, however, would appeal.
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 08:39:41 pm »

Welcome Lady Kensington Gore!

Glad to hear that there are other Steampunks in Pig's Eye, I mean Saint Paul  Wink

This weekend my wife and I will be staying in Stillwater at the Rivertown Inn again.
We stayed there for are one year wedding anniversary in the Oscar Wild suite http://www.rivertowninn.com/oscar_wilde.html

This time we reserved the Lewis Carroll suite http://www.rivertowninn.com/lewis.html

We love this place and highly recommed staying there. Stillwater is a great little town to go antique shopping and there are a few excellent restaurants to dine at.

If you have never been I think that it should appeal to those who have a love for history and that old way of life.

HettyB
Gunner

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 12:08:35 am »

The husband and I shall be attending Tesla Con.  Very much looking forward to meeting a few of you.

As for a less formal gathering, perhaps we could arrange for a coffee get together?  Does anyone know of a coffee shop that has Steampunkish or Victorian feel to it?
Rufus Mortimer
Gunner

Unacceptable.

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 01:45:58 am »

Sorry this took ages, but I finally decided to upload the pictures some chaps and I took at Ren. Fest.
Ren. Fest Photos
A meet up would be excellent, but I'm unsure if I'd be able to make it since school and work are going to be keeping me busy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:49:30 am by Rufus Mortimer » Logged
Lady Kensington Gore
Gunner

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2010, 06:10:28 am »

A meetup sounds lovely! I can't think of any coffee houses with a steampunk theme, but there are some Victorian style tea houses nearby. Some rent out party rooms, or we can simply swoop in and commandeer their normal seating.

Or can anyone suggest an attraction elsewhere with an appropriate feel? I shall keep my eyes open...

Yrs.,
Lady Kensington Gore
groomporter
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2010, 01:55:29 pm »

What about one of the local British/Irish-themed pubs like Brits, Kieran's, Merlin's Rest, Kip's Irish Pub, Claddagh Irish Pub? I believe all of these serve food.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:58:11 pm by groomporter » Logged
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2010, 08:11:28 pm »

A gathering sounds great! Hopefully it will not conflict with my busy schedule. I say that someone names a place and time then we can work with it from there. Unfortunately I do not have an idea for a place to meet.

Another idea is the Saint Paul Winter Carnival at Rice Park in Downtown Saint Paul that runs January 27th through February 6th. I believe this sort of venue would be perfect for an outdoor meetup this winter.
Lady Kensington Gore
Gunner

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2010, 12:41:53 am »

*Slyly bumps thread*

I there still any interest in a meetup? The Winter Carnival sounds good (I haven't been in years) but Minnesota weather being what it is, we may need a backup location.

A pub would be more sheltered, and be more flexible as to when it happens. As long as food is to be had, I don't think underage attendees would be uncomfortable?
HerrMojo
Gunner

Howdy-do, y'all.

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 07:20:20 am »

*stumbles onto the thread with a crash*

Well, lookie here!   Grin

Born and bred in Minnesota, and just returned from two years in South Dakota and looking for others.

I am in Rochester, Land of 10,000 Patients, only about an hour or so from the Twin Cities.

Cheers,

Dan Smiley
Voltin
Zeppelin Captain

Mystery Airship Captain

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 09:14:43 pm »

Welcome Dan!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: