The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 09:07:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Vault Dwellers  (Read 2241 times)
Pog
Gunner

Crankshaft Cruncher

« on: December 23, 2009, 02:50:50 pm »

Love Fallout? Yes I do!
Love Fallout 2? Not so much!
Love Fallout Tactics? Doesn't work on my computer Sad
Love Fallout 3? Eff yeah!

That's all I have but I read up on it so often using the Fallout wikia!
So join us escapees of Vault 101 and marvel at how similar our lives where when we were young, your best friend was Amata, your father was called James and your mother died during childbirth! It happened to you, me, and that bloke over there in the Tesla Armour.......V.A.T.S him fast!

I want to live in a Dieselpunk world reading Steampunk books
I want to see how a nuclear family looks
I want to live in the 40s era
But instead I'm stuck down here-a
Pnakotus
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 06:29:14 pm »

I think Fallout is more considered dieselpunk than steampunk, so it wouldn't surprise me if this thread gets moved at some point. But to answer your questions ...
1. Love Fallout?
2. Love Fallout 2?
3. Love Fallout Tactics?
4. Love Fallout 3?
1. Yes, but I don't like the time restrictions.
2. More than part 1
3. Yup, love them squad tactics Smiley
4. Pretty good game, but like the earlier turn-based games better.

"Tie two birds together,
and although they have four wings,
they cannot fly."
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Tobias T. Warde, Captain & Detective Inspector

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:55 pm »

I think Fallout is more considered dieselpunk than steampunk, so it wouldn't surprise me if this thread gets moved at some point. But to answer your questions ...
1. Love Fallout?
2. Love Fallout 2?
3. Love Fallout Tactics?
4. Love Fallout 3?
1. Yes, but I don't like the time restrictions.
2. More than part 1
3. Yup, love them squad tactics Smiley
4. Pretty good game, but like the earlier turn-based games better.

Ummm...same for me  Grin I didn't like Fallout 3, hardly played Tactics though, but I loved Fallout 2, best of the series in my personal opinion.

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
Burr
Snr. Officer

My bark is worse then my bite

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:29:40 pm »

I like the first two more than 3.

Tactics worked for me and it was rather good. Such a shame there was never a sequel. I know the design team had a lot of ideas for it and it could have been something special.

I see the console disaster hasn't even been mentioned.  Grin
Pnakotus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »

I see the console disaster hasn't even been mentioned.  Grin
Of course Smiley
Pog
Gunner

Crankshaft Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 12:42:41 pm »

:oBlashphemy!  Shocked

Fallout 3 is one of the greatest games ever made, like I said I have played the first two, although Tactics doesn't work, and can say this, I WANT TO MARRY MY (Brothers) FALLOUT 3 DISK!!!

I've a level 14 with good Karma, my companion is Star Cross Paladin, at my last point of save I am on a hill watching Tenpenny Tower, which I shall discover in the morning, then I shall explore the Little Lamplight Caverns, discover Vault 87, kill Super Mutants, rescue Fawkes get a G.E.C.K and celebrate!

Unless I'm too busy opening my Christmas presents!
Indefinitive
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

Breathe deep the madness...

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 03:12:35 am »

I just read somewhere yesterday that they're making another Fallout game. Fallout: New Vegas, I think it was. Its supposed to be more like 2, which I haven't played yet. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Nothing wrong with being a geek. See? http://www.thegenerationgeeks.com/index.html
Pnakotus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:59 am »

I just read somewhere yesterday that they're making another Fallout game. Fallout: New Vegas, I think it was. Its supposed to be more like 2, which I haven't played yet. I'm looking forward to it, though.
That'd be great if it was like Fallout 2 'cause that's my favorite of them. Alas, New Vegas will be using the same engine and style as Fallout 3. I'll still play it when it comes out. Fallout 3 was pretty good.
Pog
Gunner

Crankshaft Cruncher

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 10:33:51 pm »

Did you hear about the original Fallout 3? Van Buren? A cancelled project, you start off on a train which crashes then the way you escape depends whether you're good or bad (Or whether you were a criminal on the train or a civilian or something along those lines)
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

i´m the terror of the skies but a danger to myself

http://twitter.com/PockyN
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »

may anyone tell me what the other fallout games were about? i only played 3 once and i loved the postapocaliptic story... sadly i have whether a Xbox nor a ps3 or any other gaming console so i might never kplay all of them ._.

Pnakotus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 12:09:07 am »

Did you hear about the original Fallout 3? Van Buren?
I have heard of it, but don't know much about it other than it getting cancelled.
may anyone tell me what the other fallout games were about?
Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout: Tactics are all three for PC, and are old enough that if your computer can already handle most current games on the market it should be able to run any of these three without any problems (unless you have Windows Vista, which I've had some problems with and avoid using). None of these three are FPS like Fallout 3, they're turn-based tactical fighting. Fallout 2 is my favorite, followed by Fallout: Tactics, then Fallout 1. Fallout 1 is only in last place, in my opinion, due to the time constraints on how long the character has to complete his mission, otherwise Fallout 1 is just as good as the other two. Fallout 2 and Fallout: Tactics doesn't have any time constraints so your character can putz around all they want in the world without having to worry about the game coming to a loosing finish all of a sudden.
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 12:28:50 am »

<cough> Originally a post containing links to Fallouts 1 & 2 which turned out to be demos <shrugs>.

...Fallout 3 is still over-rated. It is just Oblivion with guns. Wink
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:40:48 am by Cpt. Tobias Warde » Logged
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 12:35:56 am »

You can now get hold of Fallout & Fallout 2 from those two links. I've not had a problem with spyware/viruses from that site, so it should be fine.
If you can find it, Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura is a great game in a similar style that is a real Steampunk game. Its also good...but Fallout is amazing Cheesy

I still think Fallout 3 is over-rated btw, to me its just Oblivion with ray guns, but I know I'm a minority on that.

hmm... no.. i think i´ll order them on amazon... i like touching things i buy xD and a demo version´d suck... (*plays demo* yeah awesome gaaame!! *popup: to go ahead, you have to buy the full version!* WTF?!?! NOT NOW!!!!)
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 12:39:30 am »

Haha I didn't realise they were demos, I have Fallout 1 & 2 on disc still (vintage games ftw), I thought they'd finally released them over the net for free >.<. Ignore those links then, I'll delete them (thats just my favourite oldgame site).
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 12:40:25 am »

haha doing a little commercial, hah!?
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 12:42:03 am »

Not overly - just has a decent selection & is one of the few virus/spyware free (at least I've not had any warnings or popups from my security about them, and a scan has never found anything after using it).
Pnakotus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 01:17:31 am »

hmm... no.. i think i´ll order them on amazon... i like touching things i buy xD and a demo version´d suck...
You can get all three games on one disk through Amazon for around $10 - $15.
a demo version´d suck... (*plays demo* yeah awesome gaaame!! *popup: to go ahead, you have to buy the full version!* WTF?!?! NOT NOW!!!!)
I generally don't like demos either unless it's for a game I'm dieing to play but that hasn't actually been released yet. While waiting for Front Mission IV and Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI to come out I must have played each of their demos all the way through like 100+ times.
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 01:27:47 am »

hmm... no.. i think i´ll order them on amazon... i like touching things i buy xD and a demo version´d suck...
You can get all three games on one disk through Amazon for around $10 - $15.
a demo version´d suck... (*plays demo* yeah awesome gaaame!! *popup: to go ahead, you have to buy the full version!* WTF?!?! NOT NOW!!!!)
I generally don't like demos either unless it's for a game I'm dieing to play but that hasn't actually been released yet. While waiting for Front Mission IV and Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI to come out I must have played each of their demos all the way through like 100+ times.

oh yeah i already added them to my amazon wishlist^^ (have no money at the moment ^^;

oh yeah i played hopy one (a veeeeeeeeeeery old pc game with a cute little robot ^^) like several 100 times xD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: