The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2017, 02:28:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)  (Read 143327 times)
J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2475 on: July 28, 2016, 11:48:24 am »

*snip*
Sweet. I have more than enough for two pieces 11"x4.5", and its fairly thick. About how thick of a piece do you need? I believe this is 7 or 8 oz leather. I might have some 6 oz.

If you can spare two 7 Oz sheets, that should be about 2.8 mm for each according to Tandy leather's guide... I'm over;y concerned with paying my rent this week, but I'll contact you as soon as I can  Cheesy

~ ~ ~

In other news I have found an extremely interesting article on the place of gender, gender-role and transgenderism in traditional Germanic religion. It may pinpoint a possible origin and real historical background to my elf-like Engelfolk characters!

I doubt the text linked below has any real scholarly value, but being written by a follower of the Asatru/Odinist faith (Paganism), I find that the Diana L. Paxson's research focuses and even predicts some of my assumptions on 3rd gender / Berdache" equivalents in Pre-Christian Germanic societies, which I used to create my Germanic airship characters (Engelfolk/Luftschiffengel).

Paxson makes her arguments in the context of available Nordic Sagas and Eddas, and known history of mediaeval Scandinavian people just prior to the adoption of Christianity. She compares that to analysis of Roman-Era texts which recount earlier Germanic societies and cult practices, and concluded that homophobia in latter texts is by itself evidence that at some point there was a strong relation between the female gender role and the belief in magic powers, among them the practice of oracle readings and crossdressing in religious ritual:

http://seidh.org/articles/sex-status-seidh/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:00:03 pm by J. Wilhelm » Logged

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal
United States United States

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2476 on: July 28, 2016, 11:53:36 am »

[mod hat]
Ladies and gentlemen: we have reached page 100. You may still reply on this page before we start the next thread with all of us giving introductions.

This thread will be closed in the next 24-48 hours just giving people time for people to write whatever. On Friday night/Saturday morn, forum traffic is very slow anyway, so it seems an ideal time to close the thread. I will create the next thread later tonight!
[mod hat]
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2477 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:33 pm »

See you on the flipside then ....  Wink

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: