The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 12:03:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queer Geer (A room for LGBT forum goers)  (Read 142473 times)
Mme. Ratchet
Officer
United States United States

« Reply #2275 on: October 07, 2015, 04:20:56 pm »

My advice is this: the world is ready to accept you. You are the only one holding yourself back. If I had understood this, 28 years or so ago, today I would not be lonely.

Can I steal this and post it to facebook as either an anonymous quote or quote your forum tag here?
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2276 on: October 09, 2015, 01:55:25 am »

My advice is this: the world is ready to accept you. You are the only one holding yourself back. If I had understood this, 28 years or so ago, today I would not be lonely.

Can I steal this and post it to facebook as either an anonymous quote or quote your forum tag here?
Steal? By the gods man! Just quote him! I quote Hardy and Chorcer and Wilde all the time. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. To leave their words fallow is to do them, a most heinous disservice.

J. Wilhelm
╬ Admiral und Luftschiffengel ╬
Immortal

Sentisne fortunatum punkus? Veni. Diem meum comple

« Reply #2277 on: October 09, 2015, 06:10:19 am »

Steal? By the gods man! Just quote him! I quote Hardy and Chorcer and Wilde all the time. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. To leave their words fallow is to do them, a most heinous disservice.

I'm flattered, I don't have any objections, Mr.  Ratchet and Mr.  Angus, , but this is just the process of finding myself. For me, being able to open myself to someone else has always been a challenge. But revealing my pacifier in this forum falls short from that goal.

Being successful in my case is more akin to bungee jumping for the first time when you're afraid of heights. The real test will come when I fully reveal myself in person to the candidate who will earn my trust, and possibly share my life, as my disorder exclusively operates on those to whom I'm attracted, and thus by reaching my heart that candidate would be in a position to hurt me. Until I have the courage to expose myself like that, any praise is unwarranted!

EDIT:  Now, praiseworthy courage, is taping a live music video in this getup  Cheesy

Missing Persons - Words
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:50:13 am by J. Wilhelm » Logged

Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2278 on: October 10, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »

By chance, am I able to get my username changed to something else to avoid this awful confusion people get. I'm a transwoman, so sheeeeeeee. Please and thank you. ^_^
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2279 on: October 11, 2015, 12:36:41 am »

By chance, am I able to get my username changed to something else to avoid this awful confusion people get. I'm a transwoman, so sheeeeeeee. Please and thank you. ^_^

My apologies! I have to check with elder mideratos as I've never changed names....
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2280 on: October 11, 2015, 01:40:24 am »

My apologies! I have to check with elder mideratos as I've never changed names....

You're fine ^_^ It's been a common occurence on several other topics as well. Just let me know, then ^_^
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #2281 on: October 11, 2015, 04:39:01 am »

Perhaps "Mr. Ring/Open-ended" or "Mr. Adjustable"...?    Grin

Sorry, I couldn't avoid the spanner-related humour, although a ratchet usually swings both direction anyways.
The 'awful confusion' is relatively commonplace here on BG.
There are transpersons who who have solidly named themselves one way or another, and there are persons of all gender/types who have completely non-gendered names and who are thus randomly assumed to be one gender or another, depending on the topic or the viewer.
I look forward to your attempt to clarify your personal position in a simple handy-to-use name.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:53:13 am by Fairley B. Strange » Logged

Choose a code to live by, die by it if you have to.
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2282 on: October 11, 2015, 08:00:59 am »

Very likely Misstress Ratchet lol Something solidly female.
Alexis Voltaire
Rogue Ætherlord

Shàlle We Dànce?

« Reply #2283 on: October 11, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »

Here's an interesting article. (Yes, it's from cracked, but sarcasm and juvenile jokes aside, the content is insightful)

Cracked: 6 outdated myths everyone still believes about bisexuality

~-- Purveyour of Useless Facts, Strange Advice, Plots --~
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2284 on: October 12, 2015, 04:35:18 am »

Very likely Misstress Ratchet lol Something solidly female.

Mme Ratchet: (why not Madame?)
I have informed Mr. Skummins on the matter.
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2285 on: October 12, 2015, 02:29:48 pm »

I like that better :3 Mme Ratchet
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2286 on: October 13, 2015, 11:46:37 am »

I like that better :3 Mme Ratchet

Mme. Ratchet:

You may see the change soon. Ms, Gaslight is on the case! 

I remain AYS
J.  Wilhelm
Alva Maria
Officer

« Reply #2287 on: October 14, 2015, 03:56:58 am »

I do like the sound of Mme. Ratchet. Not that it matters anymore, now that it's been implemented. Excellent!
Mme. Ratchet
Officer

« Reply #2288 on: October 14, 2015, 04:18:58 am »

Huzzah, the good Madame is here!

*twirls around in her lovely new skirt courtesy of the moderators* Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Cora Courcelle
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #2289 on: October 14, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »

My heartiest congratulations Madame Ratchet.  Now, on with the costumes ... Hip hip Hurrah!

You have to tread a fine line between avant-garde surrealism and getting yourself sectioned...
CPT_J_Percell
Board Moderator
Zeppelin Captain
England England

The werewolf Airship Captain.

« Reply #2290 on: October 14, 2015, 07:55:14 pm »

*Snip*

I believe Ms. Lesong is correct in stating that resistance efforts will take the form of "Freedom of Religion" arguments (another of the basic articles in the "American Magna Carta").
*Snip*

Well, a certain church got there just deserts when they protested outside a school!
Security were called to help them escape the non violent Students antiprotest as quickly as possible!

As a Brit If any LGBQT couples want to get married then I will happily support them

I suffer from a random misfiring synapse and a bad case of wolfen the turns me into a seven-foot-tall werewolf or a seven-foot great wolf!
https://dragon-rehoming-centre.myshopify.com/
http://purbry.wordpress.com
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2291 on: October 15, 2015, 01:25:44 am »

but this is just the process of finding myself. For me, being able to open myself to someone else has always been a challenge.

It is easy to get screwed over. By gum I have been by a few! It is difficult finding yourself. I myself have been many things. Then I realized that I was trying to define myself by the labels that other people wished to give me. I am this, I like that, I like this I am that. While humanity aches for simplicity it's possible, as Einstein so adequately put it; a theory should be as simple as possible but no simpler.  Maybe the attempt of others to over simplify belies the beautiful complexity of the equation.

Maybe we are all many things. Maybe most of us would like to be more. Or just have moments, stifled by our good and proper frontal lobes that strangles momentary passions.

I like joy. As such I am outing myself as a Bon viveur. I fear it will kill me, but the journey, will be long and nothing short of rapture! We must all face ourselves eventually and some of our paths have the risk of not ending well as a result. Good thing is although we should be at peace with ourselves. It is our right to hide.

I mean Bon viveur, really?

I'm certainly not going to put it on my CV.  Cheesy
Alva Maria
Officer

« Reply #2292 on: October 15, 2015, 04:32:42 am »

now, not to skip the singular best holiday of the year, but I need help D:

December is my girlfriend I's nine month anniversary, and then Christmas is happening-- she's also a fellow steampunk, but I just don't know what to get her! This is the first time i've ever had a relationship last into birthdays and holidays, and while I would love to be grossly sentimental and get her something actually useful, i'd like to get her something for her first complete costume we'll be debuting in May. or something grossly sentimental and also vintage that we can work in.
I'd start later and actually celebrate halloween but my budgeting is in a crunch until holiday hours kick in .__.
Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2293 on: October 15, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »

December is my girlfriend I's nine month anniversary, and then Christmas is happening-- she's also a fellow steampunk, but I just don't know what to get her! This is the first time i've ever had a relationship last into birthdays and holidays, and while I would love to be grossly sentimental and get her something actually useful, i'd like to get her something for her first complete costume we'll be debuting in May. or something grossly sentimental and also vintage that we can work in.
I'd start later and actually celebrate halloween but my budgeting is in a crunch until holiday hours kick in .__.

Engraved pocket watch? If you could source one with a flip-open front the engraving could be on the inside -  a little more private and intimate. Or a vintage locket, relplete with pictures?

Yours,
Miranda.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2294 on: October 22, 2015, 11:20:48 am »

Through the magic of Photoshop...

*snip*
...instead of green or brown corduroy we have genuine lederhosen suede shorts. The shirt/blouse is long sleeve, but for Texas, I'm planning a short sleeve shirt with either bubble or cap shoulders.  The colour of the harness may be too dark and red in this picture; on the other hand I could incorporate burgundy in a black-burgundy-khaki-white colour pattern. 

*snip*

This time I actually borrowed the thigh high socks, boots and spats directly from Kato's romper. This gives you a better idea of what I *think* I'm going.  Definitely looks better. 

(snip)
Thank you for your comments, Mr. Angus. I definitely need to continue working on photos, and still have to finish the Luftshiffengel project, but somehow the Chinese thing got in the way, at the spur of the moment. Seamless, unforced, natural adrogyny, as the fictional character Dio inspired on me, remains a focus of mine.
(snip)

Dear Admiral Wilhlem,
In just over months time we have one of the year's major festivals - is that not an auspicious time to debut the Luftshiffengel?

Yours,
Miranda.

Eureka! How about woolen shorts?  Seems that people in Korea and China have a penchant for thick woolen shorts and skorts...

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-wool-blend-hot-pink-mini-line-ruffled/210515374.html#s1-23-1b|3279211379

As in last year, it may be too late for Halloween, but I have found a perfect substitute for those pesky Shorts I never made from those pants  Grin

Miranda.T
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #2295 on: October 22, 2015, 07:03:51 pm »

*snip*
...instead of green or brown corduroy we have genuine lederhosen suede shorts. The shirt/blouse is long sleeve, but for Texas, I'm planning a short sleeve shirt with either bubble or cap shoulders.  The colour of the harness may be too dark and red in this picture; on the other hand I could incorporate burgundy in a black-burgundy-khaki-white colour pattern.

*snip*

This time I actually borrowed the thigh high socks, boots and spats directly from Kato's romper. This gives you a better idea of what I *think* I'm going.  Definitely looks better.

(snip)
Thank you for your comments, Mr. Angus. I definitely need to continue working on photos, and still have to finish the Luftshiffengel project, but somehow the Chinese thing got in the way, at the spur of the moment. Seamless, unforced, natural adrogyny, as the fictional character Dio inspired on me, remains a focus of mine.
(snip)

Dear Admiral Wilhlem,
In just over months time we have one of the year's major festivals - is that not an auspicious time to debut the Luftshiffengel?

Yours,
Miranda.

Eureka! How about woolen shorts?  Seems that people in Korea and China have a penchant for thick woolen shorts and skorts...

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-wool-blend-hot-pink-mini-line-ruffled/210515374.html#s1-23-1b|3279211379

As in last year, it may be too late for Halloween, but I have found a perfect substitute for those pesky Shorts I never made from those pants  Grin

So, how's your knitting?  Wink

Yours,
Miranda.
Clym Angus
Zeppelin Admiral

Lord of Misrule

« Reply #2296 on: October 22, 2015, 07:16:20 pm »

Much like any other lady I have ever known, I'm quite sure she has been dropping subtle hints. Think back to the times she has said she liked something. Go with the things she liked. Not because they were the best present ever. Simply because it will mean so much more that you were paying attention to her and remembered.

There is a subtle yet pit trapped beauty in the feminine mind. But I don't need to tell you this do I? Cheesy
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2297 on: October 22, 2015, 08:01:10 pm »

Much like any other lady I have ever known, I'm quite sure she has been dropping subtle hints. Think back to the times she has said she liked something. Go with the things she liked. Not because they were the best present ever. Simply because it will mean so much more that you were paying attention to her and remembered.

There is a subtle yet pit trapped beauty in the feminine mind. But I don't need to tell you this do I? Cheesy

So much this.===^

*snip*
...instead of green or brown corduroy we have genuine lederhosen suede shorts. The shirt/blouse is long sleeve, but for Texas, I'm planning a short sleeve shirt with either bubble or cap shoulders.  The colour of the harness may be too dark and red in this picture; on the other hand I could incorporate burgundy in a black-burgundy-khaki-white colour pattern.

*snip*

This time I actually borrowed the thigh high socks, boots and spats directly from Kato's romper. This gives you a better idea of what I *think* I'm going.  Definitely looks better.

(snip)
(snip)

Dear Admiral Wilhlem,

Yours,
Miranda.

Eureka! How about woolen shorts?  Seems that people in Korea and China have a penchant for thick woolen shorts and skorts...

As in last year, it may be too late for Halloween, but I have found a perfect substitute for those pesky Shorts I never made from those pants  Grin

So, how's your knitting?  Wink

Yours,
Miranda.

Not fast/good enough  Cheesy  I leave it to Sock Dreams in Oregon to supply the knitted bits.
J. Wilhelm
Immortal

« Reply #2298 on: November 04, 2015, 07:08:52 am »

It seems the City of Austin is significantly more progressive than the City of Houston....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34716179

While not entirely a surprise ("Keep Austin Weird" remember?), Houston once used to be a bastion of LGBQT rights.  It doesn't seem so relevant nowadays, I'm afraid.
Fairley B. Strange
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Relax, I've done much dumber things and survived..

« Reply #2299 on: November 04, 2015, 03:52:54 pm »

Is this really an issue worthy of a state-wide plebiscite?
I had always assumed that not peering at the individual standing at the next urinal or using a cubicle was simply common courtesy* even in completely-straight traditional non-unisex establishments, so one wouldn't particularly notice who/what/which was utilising the facilities.

[*even in obvious pick-up joints, there are still moments when quiet contemplation is called for]
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: