The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 11:24:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam Punk warhammer 40k Backpack?  (Read 6642 times)
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 04:26:14 am »

Looks fantastic, a yes, steampunk as well.

Personally, i think a lot of the Imperium stuff is only one small step away from steampunk anyway.

cheers.

matt

Well, gothic really so... steamgoth! Just like me.  Wink

lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 05:54:06 am »

I just put my Sister costume on a mannequin which is 4 inches taller than I am (thus the robe is too short) she also has no hips and is too skinny so nothing fits right. Really she's built more like an Eldar than a Sister but it's all I could find to store the costume on. Still no backpack yet, sadly.

Just noticed the wig is on wonky too.
Khet Thelonius Maxwell
Officer

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 06:05:07 am »

Very nice work, both Lilibat and Finnlock! I'm quite envious indeed!

Had I the money I'm planning on making a suit of steampunk armor out of fiberglass that draws influence from Fallout power armor, Arcanum's Mechanized Plate Armor, and Warhammer 40k's Space Marine armor.

Disclaimer: The above post may not necessarily reflect the views of the Poster. Furthermore, the above post should also be taken with a grain of salt. Preferably, many grains.

"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months" ~Oscar Wilde
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 06:06:53 am »

Had I the money I'm planning on making a suit of steampunk armor out of fiberglass that draws influence from Fallout power armor, Arcanum's Mechanized Plate Armor, and Warhammer 40k's Space Marine armor.

All my armor is made of leather, actually. I'm an old fashioned kind of girl and prefer to work with leather.  Wink
Khet Thelonius Maxwell
Officer

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 06:14:16 am »

I generally prefer leather too, but my skills at painting are horrible. And with that said, my respect for your armor has gone up another notch!
Alain Raethorne
Zeppelin Captain

Browncoat and Firefly Flan

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 06:40:36 am »

Khet, that armor sounds awesome. Hopefully you'll be posting how it progresses on here, right?

Navigator aboard the AAV Raziel.

Gold is for the mistress-silver for the maid-
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade
"Good" said the Baron, sitting in his hall
"But Iron-Cold Iron-is master of them all."
Khet Thelonius Maxwell
Officer

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 06:43:52 am »

Indeed I will, but don't expect it to be any time soon. The cheapest fiberglass cloth I've found was 20 USD a yard, that's not counting the resin nor the matboard for general shaping (and the scraps of mat board for mistakes). Tack that on with my current lack of job due to getting laid off and being unable to find another, while furthermore going to college... it'll be a bit before I can even begin such a project, but the moment I am able to, believe me, I'll be going at it full steam ahead, as they say!
Gendrick
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 06:47:03 pm »

Looks like I may have to begin incorporating Warhammer 40k into my own steampunk outfits, as a witch hunters player I believe I have a start point there, A Steampunk Vindicare Assassin!
The Inventor
Snr. Officer

Cascadia now and forever

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 09:51:15 pm »

Some day "When I'm less Poor",
I too wish to build a couple of suits of War Hammer 40k Armor,
as someone who plays the IG; Cadians we have somewhat simpler requirements
for gear. And I've been working on Steam Punking a Heavy Weapon's squad for
the CON next year.
quantumcat
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 10:22:26 pm »

Exquisite work,all of you.

I hope this isn't taken amiss but I was thinking I might adapt Finnlock's idea to a more mundane backpack with lunch or
other impedementia in the box and the cylinder above being some sort of large,healthy container for water - or incorporate a camelpak.

This would be so attractive,I might like it to store anything that I needn't acess immediately or that I could risk being touched behind my back,as it were.

The fact that it could pay homage to at least two niches of nerdom would be so much lagniappe.

Finnlock
Officer

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 02:08:12 am »

WOW!!!  Top notch Lilibat!!!!!!!  Shocked

Very awesome!! Lets see some better pictures!! And please join and post them here as well http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusade/index.php?act=idx
It's a Warhammer Costume Forum

As for the backpack, don't worry about it so much, with an awesome suit like that...Just get some cool pattered fabric and make a cool cape  to cover up the corset strings, Unless your so awesome that your corset dosen't have any!!
I am working on a new back pack which I hope to have finished soon. Maybe we should work something out, I'll build you a backpack or something Smiley
Of course mine are intergated into the armor as to make it convention friendly with some ease of taking off and putting on. The main problem being that you could not put straps under the armor to fit over the arms, it has clips that attach under the shoulder armor and a belt strap to go around the middle(which you really can't see). This makes it easy to get off for those important pee breaks!

Quantumcat, pleas edo make a pack, I'd love to see it. I used PVC pipe to make the top peice ( as I had some on hand) but for any more I would make I would use some cardbaord tubing. The backpack is light weight, but the PVC pipe makes it tilt and my GF said it pushed on her lower back. other then that, i wouldn't change much for that design. Good luck with it and if you have any questions, please ask!

Finnlock
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 02:11:19 am by Finnlock » Logged

lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 05:49:24 am »

There is no way I am wearing this without the backpack. I haven't even posted pictures of my plasma gun & power maul (not quite finished). This has to be perfect. My husband is doing an inquisitor other than his bolter his costume is done. We are very serious about doing this right.

Actually we have a lot of electronics including a status screen that actually displays info, etc. set up for the backpack, so it HAS to be done.

*wanders over to new forum*
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:54:32 am by lilibat » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: