The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 01:38:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: list of steampunk names plz?  (Read 13052 times)
Grymm
Officer
England England

"If I want your opinion I'll thrash it out of you"

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 05:13:19 pm »

Abney Park-Fan, of the Basingstoke Park-Fans? 'Think I was in the same regiment as y'father don'tcherkno.

Grymm Jasper Zebidyer Dashley-Farquett

Featherstanehaugh, how would you pronounce that lot?

The family in question pronounce it Fanshaw!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:15:34 pm by Grymm » Logged

Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.

I've tried to see it from your point of view but I can't fit my head up your arse'ole too.
vela
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 08:06:36 pm »

The family in question pronounce it Fanshaw!

Do ye think they ever get asked, "Just how do ye spell "Fanshaw"?

If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 08:40:32 pm »

Then there's the Cholmondeley-Mapledurham family, though they do pronounce it Chumley-Mumm...

(Incidentally, once, while working in a stationery shop, a gent came in for some 'at home' cards, saying that they were in the name 'Leehay-Beehan'- alas, I could not find them, so I asked could he spell the name for me, to which he replied " L E A K E Y - B E A N". Names is funny things...)

Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 09:08:32 pm »

"Bouquet (B-U-C-K-E-T ) Residence..."

Yet well thy soul hath brooked the turning tide, with that innate, untaught philosophy,Which, be it wisdom, coldness, or deep pride, is gall and wormwood to an enemy.
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 09:47:56 pm »

Just pick something we'll remember you by. That's all we need, just something that won't mix people up.

I do realize my name choice was very poorly thought out, 'specially since I'm no longer actually in Vancouver....   Roll Eyes

I've considered changing but I think that'd be too much hassle at this point. I'm easily forgettable as is.  Smiley

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:36 pm »

I chose my name on the spur of the moment because I thought it sounded suitably steamy and I was keen to start participating on the forum. I wish I'd given it more thought now. I could change it and re-register under the new name but to be honest I can't be bothered now.
And as for you, Abney Park Fan..you've already started posting under that name..you'd only have to re-register under your new name and start posting again. You may as well keep it as APF on here and come up with a 'character' name in your own good time.

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Maj. Clive Hathaway
Snr. Officer

Gentleman Adventurer & Darklantern

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 09:17:39 pm »

The wealth of names to be found at an old cemetery is impressive. Either that, or use the steampunk name generator but use different spellings of your name, or a different order, include middle name, different capitalization, anagrams, last name first or vice versa. This will generate different names

"Death is the last Great adventure."

Lurk the Good Lurk.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: