The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 18, 2017, 11:07:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Pen-Pal Place  (Read 45361 times)
Clockwork Bookworm
Deck Hand
England England

Gravatar

Indigenous to libraries Bourbonier Sergeant, FTC

« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2012, 08:57:43 am »

I wouldn't mind a pen-pal.

I'm a 21-year old English female. I'd like to write to someone around my own age, male or female, local or international, and I'd prefer to correspond by e-mail or private message at the moment. Language-wise, I know a little French.

My main interests are books and the theatre (both watching and playwriting), but I also like history, Victoriana, art, science, mythology/classics, and being a general culture vulture. PM me if interested.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:05:05 am by Clockwork Bookworm » Logged

There are three things you need in life: a good friend, a good book and a good brew.
Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Kapitän of the airborne assault carrier "Hermann"

« Reply #251 on: November 26, 2012, 05:28:06 am »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 07:25:14 am by Zeppelin Kapitan Fritz » Logged
Steampunkengineer
Deck Hand

« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2012, 07:34:45 am »

I am looking for a young (15-16) girl, preferably not American, smart, talkative, and disagreeable. Contact me here at Brass Goggles, or at my e-mail, steampunkengineer@hotmail.com. And just in case you happen to be Japanese, watashi Will desu, or German, ich bin Will.
should
Deck Hand
Canada Canada

@SandraHould
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2013, 10:43:33 pm »

Hello everybody, I am new to Steampunk and to this forum. I would love to get to know more about the community. I live in Malartic, Quebec, Canada and I would love to find myself a Steampunk penpal with whom I can discover more about this style.

I love to write, read and explore. I love to create as well and I am excited to start on my new Steampunk journey.
I am willing to talk to boy or girl, any age, any country.
I am a 37 year old stay at home mom.

Thanks a million!
SHould

Miss Lora Dashdun, at your service!
Cpt. Vanderstorme
Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

It's the Captain, Lilith Vanderstorme!

« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2013, 01:33:55 pm »

Hello!

I'd love to exchange letters with someone somewhere in the world That writes english, preferably sophisticated english, so i could add new words to my vocabulaire.

The person i'm looking for should be somewhere between 18 and 30, gender unimportant and the person should be active with steampunk. i'd love to have Updates about personal findings and findings from the character( like what events did you attend blahblah).

It doesnt have to be straight away. Thanks in advance!

zanlia copperwire
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2013, 05:51:43 am »

I guess I shall do this.... Im a 15 year old female from Canada. I am acctually really mature for my age and pen pals are fun. I dont really care about the age or gender, as long as they are willing to talk steampunk, litterature, fun arts (pun intended), and dont care if I send them random doodles every now and then... I know Im probably the youngest one doing this right now.... And they can be from anywere.. Preferably somewere that isnt Canada... Maybe San Diego.... Cause that would be awesome and my favorite band lives there... Steam Powered Giraffe.... If you have heard of them, you are awesome to me. Anyways... Yeah....   :3 it would be most appreciated and cool if someone became my pen pal. Either pm me or email me at wcopperplate@gmail.com
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:15:06 pm by zanlia copperwire » Logged

An automaton which runs on Pockey Sticks?! Who has heard of such a thing?! If you dont beleive me, just look at this automaton. It runs on Pockey Sticks.
Sol
Deck Hand
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2013, 09:19:45 am »

I would love to have some pen Pals! I'm female, in my early thirties, Mexican and currently living in my country. I can correspond in English, Spanish and Portuguese, and I could make an effort with French, although my French is quite atrocious ^^,

Things I love:

- Steampunk, of course! No surprise here.
- Languages and everything international. I always do really good at online flag quizzes ^^,
- History. I even worked at a Mexican History museum for some time, and it was amazing.
- Aircraft, ships and trains. I would LOVE to do the Orient Express route some day.
- Mystery, thriller and whodunnit, particularly love Agatha Christie novels.
- Singing. Not pro here, merely a very interested amateur Smiley Falcon soprano, if you want to know.
- Ritzy hotels.
- Ambulant faires, circus, amusement parks, not so much the modern sort, more like the cheap ones that show up one day on the vacant lot near your house. Patronal fests will do.
- Mediterranean sea based jet set from the seventies. Think yachts, whisky, Montecarlo, Stefano Casiraghi and Il Festivale di San Remo.
- Lighthouses.
- Travelling, which I would do more often if I had more time and money.
- Spending countless hours talking about nothing and everything with a good friend.
- Psychology, and the depths of human mind.
- Musicals. Broadway et al, I'm rather cheesy about this.
- Electric storms

I could go on and on, but I will stop here in order not to bore you too much. If you would like to correspond, send me a PM Smiley
Octavius von Gilgamesh
Immortal
Australia Australia

Captain of the Ariadne's Sorrow

« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2013, 09:33:21 am »

Hey all. Would love nothing more than to have a few more friends from all over the world. I am currently living in Australia, a world away from most of the steampunk activities, but my city has a small, but thriving community. I regret that I can only correspond in English but if this piques your interest feel free to contact me via a PM.

May the gods stand between you and harm, in all the empty places where you must walk.
mistygrant
Swab

« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2013, 09:36:35 am »

Sounds great and fun I will try this to make some more friends..

:The grand essentials of life are something to do, something to love, something to hope for."
Thomas Chalmers
Ebonrook
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

david_haddon
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »

I would love some traditional pen pals but I am unsure how I would want to go about it. I mean it sounds silly, but it feels like a big step sharing a mailing address...
DreamHazard
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2013, 03:50:54 pm »

I would love some traditional pen pals but I am unsure how I would want to go about it. I mean it sounds silly, but it feels like a big step sharing a mailing address...

It may feel like a big step, but it is really a minimum requirement.

Ebonrook
Gunner

david_haddon
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »

It may feel like a big step, but it is really a minimum requirement.

Yeah I mean it implies a lot of trust in a stranger doesn't it?
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2013, 05:41:45 pm »

Ya know, PO boxes exist for a reason. Wink

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Ebonrook
Gunner

david_haddon
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »

Yeah, don't think I can afford one to be honest. lol.
DreamHazard
Steam Aficionado

Gravatar

Xander Wood

« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2013, 10:56:38 pm »

It's probably more dangerous to give out your email address these days. Anyone who's bought something from the internet submits to greater risk than on here. If you give someone your address in private, no-one else gets to see it, and this is a community, you're unlikely to find someone doing unpleasant things with your address. I've given my address to a few people on here, exchanged letters, bought items, accepted gifts even. Steampunks are a pretty trustworthy bunch, and a lot of store is set by reputation; as I said, this is a community.
zanlia copperwire
Gunner
Canada Canada

« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

It's probably more dangerous to give out your email address these days. Anyone who's bought something from the internet submits to greater risk than on here. If you give someone your address in private, no-one else gets to see it, and this is a community, you're unlikely to find someone doing unpleasant things with your address. I've given my address to a few people on here, exchanged letters, bought items, accepted gifts even. Steampunks are a pretty trustworthy bunch, and a lot of store is set by reputation; as I said, this is a community.

It is such an awesome community might I add. It doesn't have too specific guidelines and everyone is always ubber friendly...
GCCC
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2013, 11:00:41 pm »

I'm not one for (much) idle chatter, and I am horribly inconsistent when writing letters the old-fashioned way (which is inexcusable, as it is sadly mostly become a lost art these days), but I'd like to put myself forward as someone with whom you can message via Brass Goggles, if you are interested in intelligent discourse.

I am a semi-retired history teacher, who grew up reading, among other things, what seem to have become most of the foundational works for what would, decades later, become Steampunk. I don't care about your age, race, sex, religion, or politics. I DO care about polite, intelligent exchange of ideas and thought. Toying with the idea of committing something to paper myself in my dotage, I am immersing myself--as much as is possible/practical for me to do so--in this culture so I can witness all the wonderfulness you have created, and use as inspiration. (And, it should go without saying, to both benefit from the wisdom of your own mistakes and resulting triumphs, as well as to avoid repetition/unintentional pirating of pre-existing ideas.)

In short, I want to pick your brains, and am happy to allow you to pick at mine as well.

A quick caveat:  I am online sometimes every day, and sometimes once every week-and-a-half or so, with an average of three-to-four times a week. I bring this up solely to avoid any expectations of immediate reply/response from my end.

I look forward to hearing from you, if you think you have anything to share with me or that I may be able to share with you.
Christophe Cocoricau
Gunner
Poland Poland

Christophe Kay
« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2013, 01:30:06 am »

Hi would like to try this again so just to update my credentials I'm on the wrong side of 20, almost 29, male of course and dully Polish. I finally got my degree and I'm happy with both snail and email. No real preference here, anyone who is interested is welcome to contact me. I don't bite... or do I?! You'll have to find out on your own!

C.C.
Charli
Deck Hand

« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2013, 12:03:10 am »

Hello, I stumbled upon this thread by accident, and while I am new here I have always been interested in the idea of a penpal, so...  I suppose I'll take the plunge!

I am a 26-year-old British female, with an unhealthy obsession with books, art and Iron Man.  I can only speak/read/write in English right now, but if someone is willing to teach me I am happy to attempt to converse in another language; I have already studied French, German, Spanish and Japanese at various low levels so I am up for a challenge!

I would quite like a penpal from outside of the UK and I do have a certain fondness for snail mail, though I am not particularly fussy otherwise.

Thanks in advance!
Eruantalon
Swab

« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2013, 01:44:08 pm »

Hi there, i'm new around here and i saw this thread, i really like to have a pen-pal.
I'm from portugal, 26 years old male, i'd like to pen-pal with anyone no matter what gender or age..
My taste varies from Steampunk(off-course) to super hero comics, manga, maths etc etc.

Thanks
akumabito
Immortal
Netherlands Netherlands

Mundus Patria Nostra!

« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2013, 10:52:09 pm »

Well, I've been spamming this forum for over six years now, so it's about time I added my name to the list.  Grin

Male, 30 years old, living in the Netherlands. I like to converse about (alternative) history, travel, photography, politics - Really my interests are all over the place, so here's what: you pick a subject and I'll have something intellgent to say about it (or I'll fake it anyways).

I prefer to do this via the PM system on the forum. Just send me a message and we canget started! You can write me in English or Dutch. You might get away with German or Spanish, but my active vocabulary in those languages is rubbish, so I'll probably have to cheat and use Google Translate.. Tongue

MistyDawn
Gunner

M. Chansamone
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2013, 10:47:26 am »

Aaaww! I'd love to have a pen-pal! Haven't had one since grade school!
MistyDawn
Gunner

M. Chansamone
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:08 am »

28 female in Arkansas PM if interested Smiley
Cpt. Vanderstorme
Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

It's the Captain, Lilith Vanderstorme!

« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2013, 09:18:20 am »

28 female in Arkansas PM if interested Smiley

Hey! I'd love to be your pen pal, I'm almost 21, living in the netherlands and i don't know how to send a pm haha xD
MistyDawn
Gunner

M. Chansamone
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2013, 09:38:06 am »

ok! Great! Would you like to send letters or email?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: