The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 04:21:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Pen-Pal Place  (Read 45034 times)
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2011, 08:21:02 pm »

Gentle fellows of the Academy,

Professor Wheatstone here, looking for a penpal.  I am a gentleman of advancing years (44) but still fleet of mind and firm of fetlock.  I live in England, about 30 miles outside London.

I am what you young fellows call a "geek", but I like to think I am a geek of good manners, some wit and award-winning personal hygiene.  I came to the gentle art of Steampunking through a lifelong love of the Scientific Romances-

- oh look, I can't keep this style up forever.  I love Science Fiction and Fantasy in books, movies, comics and on TV.  I'm also into gaming. I draw a bit and I'm just dipping a toe into the waters of digital art.  I enjoy model making too but I am no great talent.  I'm starting to put together a Victorian/Edwardian costume and have visited a few Steampunk venues but as yet don't know anyone else who is into "the scene" (if there is indeed such an animal).  I love heritage railways too, and Indie music and nature.

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who would like to drop me a line.

Best wishes.

44 counts as advancing years? I'm now worried lol

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Dr.Nautilus
Deck Hand
United States United States

"Forward! Into the Past!"

« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »

Hello everyone! 

I have just posted my introduction in the Introductions thread -- mostly the bio of Dr. Nautilus.  My secret identity, however, is as James Maertens, sometime English professor, independent scholar in Magic and History of Magic, Druidry, Freemasonry, and the Lore of Elves and Fairies. 

I am also a magic wand maker and maker of steampunk mods.  For the former, visit my site at http://bardwood.com.  For the latter, you can look up Nautilus Steamworks on Etsy

I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the States and would love to engage in handwritten penpallery with anyone here on Brass Goggles, in character or not.  PM me for address exchange if you wish to do so.

Dr. Nautilus

Dr. Nautilus Pompilius Cholmondeley
Viscount Harply
Nautilus Steamworks (now on Etsy)
Aloft in the good ship Lady Heterodyne
MinervaLiRenfield
Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2011, 12:00:35 am »

Well now, this might be fun.  I'll give it a shot!

Who I am:

Minerva Li Renfield.  I'm a 25 year old writer from Canada.  I'm a historical clothing re-creation fanatic, lifestyle gothist and trouble maker at large. 

What I'm looking for:

Anything really.  20+ preffered.

Josephine Hogwood
Officer
Netherlands Netherlands

Ah, ofcourse I knew that! Just wanted to test you.

« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2011, 06:51:47 pm »

Finally!

I've been watching this post for a while and I finally decided to join.

My true name is Elianne, (almost) 17 years young and I live in Holland.
I'm interested in history, mostly the regency till the 1950's. Since some time I write story's and I play the cello. There are more things to tell of course, but I will save that for later.

I would like to write letters with someone from abroad. Age and gender doesn't matter.
If your interested, please PM me.

Yours Faithfully,

Josephine Hogwood
Scissor
Deck Hand
Lithuania Lithuania

it's too late to talk the knife out of their hands

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:53 pm »

I find the idea of having a steampunk penpal fascinating, so let's try.
I'm 16 years old which is probably quite young. My name is Aurelija and I live in Lithuania (Eastern Europe).
I'm interested in music. Rock music, lots of rock music. Then I also love Steampunk, Dieselpunk, WWII era. I love history in general.
So if anyone would be interested in having me as their penpal, let me know please. Smiley

The workers, they saved him but they were not medics
So they repaired him with metal instead
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2011, 12:35:41 pm »

Woot, Lithuania! <3

I have defied Gods and Demons. I am your shield; I am your sword. I know you: your past, your future. This is the way the world ends.
Scissor
Deck Hand
Lithuania Lithuania

it's too late to talk the knife out of their hands

« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2011, 04:09:55 pm »

Woot, Lithuania! <3

Whoa, you know what Lithuania is and you like it! Cheesy Amazing.
LukeHogbin
Zeppelin Admiral
Slovenia Slovenia

Steamcat

« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2011, 10:52:45 pm »

I used to have a room-mate named Irma from Vilnius. Smiley

If you'd like to do the whole penpal thing, feel free to message me here.
Alternately, I am on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tomaz.skxawng
and MSN: bloody.aftertaste@gmail.com

Smiley

(same goes for everyone else who would wish to be in a more frequent contact with me. Just let me know that you're from BG.)

*bows*
burnished brass man
Gunner

« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2011, 10:27:15 pm »

i have been to vilinus and i loved the time i was there great food great night life and freindly poeple
Pivole
Gunner
England England

Salvum Terram Meam!

« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2011, 06:03:37 pm »

I'm all up for this.
I go by the name of Laurence and hail from the county of Staffordshire in England.
Only got sixteen years under my belt, but I like to think I'm not intolerably thick.
I'll assume contact with anybody as is interested, by whatever means they decide on.
Throw messages at me if you'd care for contact.
I'm a member of a diesel locomotive preservation team, and soon to be a member of the King's army, serving in Sir Jacob Astley's tertio. Into history of most sorts, and not very good at selling myself.

Fellowship is life!
Crumb
Swab

Canada Canada

« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2011, 04:06:46 am »

The name's Olivarius, and my interests are not limited to the victorian era (or any terrific albeit non-realistic spinoff).
I reside across the pond in the great new world (Canada), and it doesn't really matter who decides to mail me, I'll be quite satisfied.

As for more about myself, I'm Nineteen years of age, and I attend a relatively well-known University of (hopefully) high renown. I'm studying the effects of poisonous compounds on the human anatomy, and am always up for reading a nicely written letter.  Grin

PM me if you want to start something! Don't be shy.

"On Fruit consumption:
 Mangoes - Wits say the only place to eat them is in the bathtub"
--Amy Vanderbilt's complete book of etiquette
Lady Ava
Zeppelin Admiral

Gravatar

Adventurer, Dress-maker and General All-Round Awesome.

electrogirlak
« Reply #211 on: December 27, 2011, 12:00:38 pm »

I've posted here once already, but if anyone wants to just casually contact me, feel free!  *stealing idea from LukeHogbin! Tongue )

MSN: ashleigh-ellan@hotmail.com
Facebook: Ashleigh-ellan Kavanagh

''I'm a loose bolt in a complete machine. What a match! I'm half-doomed and you're semi-sweet.''
‎"You want steampunk to be a novelty, a LOLcat, a meme. I want it to be my life. Which of us is going to fight harder for it?" - Dimitri Markotin
*DISCLAIMER*     This dungeon is fictional, and any similarities to other dungeons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

http://www.facebook.com/antevortefashion
Mention you're from BG when ordering for free shipping!
Raynard F-F-Fox
Deck Hand

Hussar!

« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2012, 09:47:42 pm »

Hello fellow steampunkers, if anyone so chooses to chat with me, I would be happy to discuss ideas, solve problems or make friends.

MSN: spikegoodman@hotmail.co.uk
facebook: John 'Spike' goodman

Roll Eyes
Captain Cherri Long-Gone
Swab

Gravatar

« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:01 pm »

This is a fantastic idea! I am more than up for it...!

Hello fellow Steampunkers! I am Cherri Long-Gone, Captain of the beautiful Silver-Magpie Dirigible-Airship. I inherited her from my mother, the great Amelda Earhart and I am on an eternal quest to find the fabled Silver Magpie that our ship is named after. I am 23 years young and hail from the town of Northampton in England, we try to make dock there as often as possible but this is often a spectacle that excites everybody involved!

Having such a fearsome reputation I find it hard to have any friends or even acquaintances, so I would just love a penpal to write to! My interests are hugely varied, from car mechanics, to dressmaking, to regency re-enacting, learning new languages, salsa dancing and martial arts! I love meeting new people too!

So I would love to hear from you, no matter where you are, what sex, colour, creed or even age! I am a great believer that you are only as young as you feel...so send me a message and lets get chatting Smiley

Me and my crew are always looking for some willing recruits as well, so get in touch about our future adventures if your interested in a life of adventure and treasure gathering!

Captain C x

Lots of Steampunkin' Love, Skulls, Crossbones and Candy Floss x
Skeleduck
Gunner

Skeleduck at gmail dot com.

« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2012, 06:03:12 am »

A new year brings new hobbies, and the increasing proliferation of computers in my house leaves me bewildered and seeking solace in the comforts of pen and ink.

My introduction can be found in my signature, to save the servers the unenviable burden of carrying double rations of egoistic waffle - and doesn't that sound delicious?

To be immediately hypocritical, I am not into roleplaying so this would be a friendship between myself and another. I could be coaxed into LARP in the right situation but that is just off-topic. I am a talkative tyke and will reciprocate as frequently as possible any letters received, it is only good manners. I'm sure I can afford to mail outside of the UK, so penpal offers are welcomed from nearly anywhere. I have very little criteria to be met: I only ask that you write and notify me if you can't write any longer. I am prone to worrying, you see.

Please PM / email me with (or just reply here) with a link to your forum introduction or a personal introductory missive and we can become acquainted with the forum acting as chaperone. My email can be found the left. I don't like to give away my address to all and sundry, and politely request that we develop a reasonable online acquaintance before I hand it over.

My Introduction: Who is Skeleduck, and what is she taking about?
Skeleduck's PenPal Request
---------
'As we staggered up the beach, she turned to her husband and said, "These guys must be crazy."
"Hush, dear," he replied, "they're British."
John Blashford-Snell: Mysteries
lightfingerslace
Deck Hand

« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2012, 09:06:41 pm »

Greetings!

I'm 30, female, and on the west coast of the USA, and would love a pen pal.  I wrote in the intro thread in case anyone wants a little more info.   
Morganville
Gunner

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

So I've had a bit of success here in the pen pal thread. I hope more wanderers turn my way as well since writing is just so much fun. My intro is onthe bottom of page 8 I believe, just in case anyone is interested.

I'm also looking for people who are up for emailing.  Smiley

I am currently looking for someone to help teach me the ways of Steampunk crafting... seeing as I'm doing horribly on my own. *sweatdrop*
Anicsin
Deck Hand
Hungary Hungary

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2012, 05:56:42 pm »

Greetings!
I'd love to have a pen-pal, I'm living in Hungary, Budapest (Eastern-Europe).

,,Est penes hominem arbitrium et ratio."
Anicsin
Deck Hand
Hungary Hungary

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2012, 06:01:38 pm »

Greetings!
I'd love to have a pen-pal, I'm living in Hungary, Budapest (Eastern-Europe).

I forgot to post some information about me... I'm eighteen years old, and I'm interested in a lot of things (mainly history and poetry) except fashion and crafting.
Anicsin
Deck Hand
Hungary Hungary

« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2012, 06:05:34 pm »

Hi all,
I'd be interested in a pen pal traditional or email; location etc not really important

I'm 36, English, other than SP my interests include books (fiction and factual), history, reenactment, computers, football, comedy, music (mainly indie/alt), films, rpg amongst others

Thanks

I see that we have a lot in common, are you up for traditional mailing?
CaptainMurra
Gunner
Australia Australia

why hello there!

« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2012, 12:51:34 am »

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for a traditional PenPal person, that is, one who enjoys mailing post (emails are too boring! i love the whole 'getting a letter in the mail' thing Smiley )

i'm 18 and live in Sydney Australia, i love lots of things and i'm willing to talk about almost everything. I mean ANYTHING (non sexual of course!) i love learning and talking to people! i also love sending presents in the mail (just little things though).
my interests are anything steampunk, music, food, history, doctor who and Sherlock!  Cheesy

i'd love to talk to anyone overseas (but Australia is cool too!)
give me a PM and we can talk!

CaptainMurra

Give thy thoughts no tongue - William Shakespeare
Lord Ashen
Deck Hand

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »

Just an enquiry is the pen pals thread still active?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:06:06 pm by Lord Ashen » Logged
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2012, 03:53:43 pm »

As far as I'm aware it is
CaptainMurra
Gunner
Australia Australia

why hello there!

« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:12 am »

i think so.
well i'm up for it anyway
Cogni
Officer

« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2012, 04:27:44 pm »

I'll throw my goggle encumbered hat into the ring. I live in glorious PA of the USA, roughly Philly suburbs. I'm 28 years old and interested in any form of communique.

Fortune favors the Bold.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: