The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 08:26:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The League of Left-Handers  (Read 39361 times)
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

i´m the terror of the skies but a danger to myself

http://twitter.com/PockyN
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2010, 01:05:43 am »

Did you recognise it? Grin Was a Zaphod line from the radio series 'Secondary Phase' when Beeblebrox arrives on Ursa Minor (a recent catchphrase from the Tourism board, "When you're bored of Ursa Minor, you're bored of life", resulted in the suicide rate tripling over night).

oh ah yeah... see.. i read the books in german...  Roll Eyes

Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Tobias T. Warde, Captain & Detective Inspector

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2010, 01:10:50 am »

Thats fair enough, the radio series were on BBC Radio4 as I grew up (I am rather that much older than yourself...my word I feel really old now lol >.<) so its something I used to assume (and still do) that everyone has heard it/every Hitchhiker fan has heard it. The books are great though and I hope you got as much pleasure out of reading them as I did Smiley

G-Man, Half-life 2, Episode 2:
"There was a time when they cared nothing for Miss Vance, when their only experience of humanity was a crowbar coming at them down a steel corridor"
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2010, 01:13:00 am »

Thats fair enough, the radio series were on BBC Radio4 as I grew up (I am rather that much older than yourself...my word I feel really old now lol >.<) so its something I used to assume (and still do) that everyone has heard it/every Hitchhiker fan has heard it. The books are great though and I hope you got as much pleasure out of reading them as I did Smiley

yeah.. even if the we´re trapped on the pre-historic eart part was REALLY annoying xD

i just love marvin :3
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2010, 01:15:51 am »

I'd advise tracking down the radio series then! Marvin is played perfectly in those, especially in the Secondary Phase. So, so, so funny Cheesy
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2010, 01:22:30 am »

may i ask you what things the matrass did in the english version?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2010, 06:50:23 am »

Top o' the evening to you all.

*checks his watch*

Aye, it still be evenin'...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Thor
Zeppelin Captain

Carpe Jugulum

bigastronauts
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2010, 08:06:27 am »

I've never really looked, or tried to discern the differences between how left and right handers keep their things about their person.

Is there a usual side for phones, wallets, keys, watches etc?

It would be interesting to know if I'm going against the grain  Wink

So when times are hard and life is rough, you can stick the kettle on and find me a cup...
You can find me at facebook Here
Jeremiah Thomas Amblar
Officer

« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2010, 08:35:02 am »

I have been downcast until now. Joy abounds now that I have found my home! I am left and always will for be.
To those who kept me down I say we: Cut off his wrongful and cruel hand make him upright, or rather up-left.
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:08 am »

Been so long since I read that part/listened to the Teriary phase I can't remember >.<
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2010, 12:44:28 pm »

Been so long since I read that part/listened to the Teriary phase I can't remember >.<

okay^^ i´ll ask someone else

I've never really looked, or tried to discern the differences between how left and right handers keep their things about their person.

Is there a usual side for phones, wallets, keys, watches etc?

It would be interesting to know if I'm going against the grain  Wink

i know left-handers wear their watch on the left and i realized today that i wear my pocketwatch on the left too... and my wallet is always in my right hip pocket and my keys are always in my right front pocket...

and while eatung... right-handers got the knife in their right hand and the fork left, but if they´re only eating with a spoon it´s in their right hand because the main-tool is always in the right...

lefthanders hold the knife left and the fork right and a single spoon or so in the left...
Thor
Zeppelin Captain

Carpe Jugulum

bigastronauts
« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

Hmmmmmmm... my keys usually end up in my left pocket, just because my front right pocket has my wallet in, which is really fat because it's so full of cash (yeah, right).  I don't wear a watch usually, just not that keen. 

I hold my fork in my left hand, knife in my right... so that's not normal for lefties?  I suppose I learned it that way for so long, it's just natural that way.
sebastian Inkerman
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

scrounger and builder of mildly interesting stuff.

S_Inkerman
« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2010, 01:06:13 pm »

I too hold my knife and fork dexterwise rather than sinister. And my pocket watch always goes on the left as do my keys (on my belt as I have a large bunch that won't fit in my pocket). I'd never really thought about it previously.

PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2010, 01:10:54 pm »

Hmmmmmmm... my keys usually end up in my left pocket, just because my front right pocket has my wallet in, which is really fat because it's so full of cash (yeah, right).  I don't wear a watch usually, just not that keen. 

I hold my fork in my left hand, knife in my right... so that's not normal for lefties?  I suppose I learned it that way for so long, it's just natural that way.

i learnd it the other way around mybe because i was teached by a lefty (oh i just love my granny ^,^)
okay i have my mobile phone in my right front pocket....
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2010, 01:52:38 pm »

I use the fork in my left hand as well; on the whole watch thing a short survey at work/home shows its fairly mixed; in an admitidly small group most right handers wear there watch on the left.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »

aaaaah.... kay^^
Cpt. Tobias Warde
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2010, 12:41:43 am »

Hmm my wallet is always on my left hand side (if not in back left pocket, then left thigh pocket on combats), keys on the right hand side. Always. This is just how I organise my pockets so I know where everything is, and to keep my wallet where my left hand can easily get to it.
Fork goes in my left hand, knife in my right.
Genevieve Ozuna
Snr. Officer

The Resident Insanatee

kaleidoscoptic
« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2010, 08:56:52 am »

'ello my left-handed comrades! So, I've recently realized that a good number of the folks who work at the department store with me are left-handed. 'Twas an exciting discovery. We decided to band together and aim to convince the higher-ups to move our bloody pin pads for the customers to sign because all us lefties continuously get our hands stuck in awkward positions from where it's bolted into the counter.

Drac
Snr. Officer

it's a start! what's next?

« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2010, 05:42:53 pm »

hmmm... wallet left cargo pocket, keys left front pocket, spyderco clipped on the outside edge of left front pocket (it's set up for a righty so I can close it one handed with a flick), zippo-on-a-chain right front pocket, flashlight on the belt on the right side, spare mag usually right behind it, pistol carried iwb on left between 8 and 9 position, and occasionally a backup on the inside of the right ankle. if no vest then pen, notepad and ciggies in right cargo and phone either there or on the belt on the right side, multitool switches between cargo pockets. usual vest it's phone right chest pocket pocket, ciggies right inside pocket, pen and pad left inside, multitool left hand pocket. and when I wore a watch it went on the right wrist.

it iz pozzible... I think... maybe sort of
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »

hmmm... wallet left cargo pocket, keys left front pocket, spyderco clipped on the outside edge of left front pocket (it's set up for a righty so I can close it one handed with a flick), zippo-on-a-chain right front pocket, flashlight on the belt on the right side, spare mag usually right behind it, pistol carried iwb on left between 8 and 9 position, and occasionally a backup on the inside of the right ankle. if no vest then pen, notepad and ciggies in right cargo and phone either there or on the belt on the right side, multitool switches between cargo pockets. usual vest it's phone right chest pocket pocket, ciggies right inside pocket, pen and pad left inside, multitool left hand pocket. and when I wore a watch it went on the right wrist.

you have lots of stuff o___________________________________o
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2010, 11:27:50 pm »

I'm ambidextrous, so...
Car keys in right pocket, change, smooth stones (for slinging; I mostly sling with the right for some reason), and occasional bits of whatever I'm building at the moment in the left. Watch in left pocket of vest, cellphone in right, sling worn in a loop from right shoulder to left hip, under my shirt (long, tedious story), sunglasses/goggles in left inside breast pocket of winter coat. Hat on left head...wait, scratch that...

wallet in right back pocket (but I fish it out with my left after a volleyball-related hand injury when younger), comb and two-bladed pocket knife in left back pocket. Left eye dominant, which is why it's patched when my eye muscles get fatigued and the two eyes start wandering off in different directions...Maybe I'll used a "patched" pic for my avatar soon...
LadyAsprin
Zeppelin Admiral
Scotland Scotland

Sabreuse.

« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2010, 07:04:30 pm »

Hi, I'm ambidextrous but I use my computer left-handed completely its only really writing and fencing which I do right handed (although I can write left handed its slightly more legible if its written right handed and fencing is because I injured my left elbow in judo ages ago).

I will have my phone in my left pocket and my ipod in my right pocket, my bag is either a cross body bag with the strap on my right shoulder so its by my left hip or a backpack..

When I eat with only a fork or spoon its nearly always in my right hand since my computer mouse is in my left.

Even my Mum who is right handed uses the computer left handed since Dad always left the mouse on the left hand side she got used to it.

Only girls fight with swords these days.(Wellington - Duel and Duality - Blackadder III)
Drac
Snr. Officer

« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2010, 08:02:34 am »

and lots of ideas too! *L* was a boy scout waaaaaaaaaaay back when and exmilitary, so I don't like being caught unprepared for anything. and yes, the last time I didn't have a firearm on me, I needed it. still managed to save somebody from getting shot though.
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2010, 03:00:47 pm »

seems like you have a really dangerous (but exciting) life o.o

and lots of ideas too! *L* was a boy scout waaaaaaaaaaay back when and exmilitary, so I don't like being caught unprepared for anything. and yes, the last time I didn't have a firearm on me, I needed it. still managed to save somebody from getting shot though.
Drac
Snr. Officer

« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2010, 05:15:02 pm »

eh, not so much. I just occasionally find meself in these... "situations". *L* and I used to work in not-so-safe part of town.
PockyNightmare
Snr. Officer
Germany Germany

« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2010, 06:18:49 pm »

eh, not so much. I just occasionally find meself in these... "situations". *L* and I used to work in not-so-safe part of town.

ah...okay^^

maybe i should start wearing as knife permanently...i live in our towns slum... (but i think the people who live here don´t really understand why because my clothes look like they cost the same as a normal humans food in a month xDDDDD)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: