The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 07:10:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The League of Left-Handers  (Read 38874 times)
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:35 pm »

I got myself a left handed fountain pen recently, a bit fidly but smudges less than a biro so far

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
vela
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2009, 06:00:48 am »

Ooo, FP fanatic here.  What pen did you get?  (*Begins to salivate*)

If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2009, 02:54:10 am »

...Perhaps I should serve tea?...

OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2009, 09:55:10 am »

Milk and two sugars please Smiley

My pens nothing fancy but I'll check what type it is when I get home
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2009, 06:25:47 pm »

Tea would be lovely, thank you.  Just milk please.

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Thor
Zeppelin Captain

Carpe Jugulum

bigastronauts
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2009, 09:02:02 am »

I would like to become a member of your esteemed league, if I may.

Out of my siblings (myself, brother and sister) two of us are southpaws.  My southpaw sister has two children, one of which I believe is also left-handed.

I have to admit though; I learned to use scissors and computers the right-handed way.  I also play bass and guitar right-handed, mainly because when I picked up the instruments I never even realised they came in lefty models, and frankly after seeing the prices I'm very glad!

Drumming I seem to be ambidextrous with; no matter which way the kit is set up I'm incredibly bad!

So I hope that even with these glaring infractions, I may be permitted membership, as the left way is the correct way.

So when times are hard and life is rough, you can stick the kettle on and find me a cup...
You can find me at facebook Here
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2009, 05:23:34 am »

Hi Thor.

OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2009, 10:37:11 am »

Thor I use scissors left handed but find actual left handed scissors very awkward to use; that tiny hole for your thumb seems illogical to me.

Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2009, 04:30:54 pm »

It has been months of long wandering in the travels for the service of my country and now I find chance to reestablish my connection through the Aethernet. Only to find that I have brethren who share the same fate as I. Sergeant Reporting for Duty.

By the way Asia this time of year is a bit on the cold side, and while not quiet to Yule the temps be cold enough to freeze the weak minded.

He who cannot adapt to what is around him is destined to be devoured by it.
Cyrillia Davenport
Deck Hand

« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2009, 05:53:15 am »

Hi all, I'm also a very left handed person. I'd love to join to..if there's *still* openings? Everyone else in my family and pretty much most of my freinds are all righties.
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2009, 06:24:40 am »

Oh, Cyrillia, you poor dear.  Come.  Sit.  Have some tea...

-> Thorinis: tea?

Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2009, 02:42:59 pm »

"Thank you Ma'am, been a long fortnight that I have had a decent cup of tea." Accepting the cup I nod my thanks and find a seat that is not occupied and looked to be out of the way from any formed groups. Far be it from polite to step into a conversation that might already be in progress without being asked.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:53:18 pm by Thorinis » Logged
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #212 on: December 23, 2009, 02:59:19 am »

Well, I'm not engaged in anything at the moment, so if you want to chat, feel free.  (not to impose on your solitude, if you desire it).

What sorts of things (besides the obvious) do you like to talk about?

Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #213 on: December 23, 2009, 02:50:33 pm »

Well ma'am, in all honesty I can talk about a great many things as I am more learned them most of my fellow soldiers here. Between RPG, Advanced Physics, Chaos Magic, Shamanism, and Psychology of the mind, just about anything else I can come across. As I have few that are capable of holding more then a rudimentary conversation any topic of late will be much appreciated. It is better then shall I say typical vulgar language of the ungentle like man resorting to more crude conversations.

Thank you kindly for the tea as well.
Cyrillia Davenport
Deck Hand

« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2009, 06:47:06 am »

Awww..Thanks Vela. I think, I will have some tea. Smiley
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #215 on: December 25, 2009, 05:47:01 am »

Certainly, dear.  *pours tea*
Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #216 on: December 25, 2009, 03:05:38 pm »

Stands up as Cyrillia approached nodding head toward her, "Ma'am". Waiting till she sits down he returns to his seat. He was not sure if it was custom for most anymore to fallow the rules of American edicate he had been raised with. This day and age is seemed more men were not taught as they should have been.

"Miss Cyrillia to be quiet honest I have a large family and that is including all my cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and such on both sides and I am the only one left handed. And while we may be considered sinister please remember we use the right side of our brains more oft then not."
vela
Zeppelin Captain

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2009, 06:13:18 am »

Since Cyrillia is occupied sipping her tea, Vela answers.

The art of etiquette is not lost among us.  Some of us appreciate it more than you will know. 

"Biscuit?"  *Offers plate of delectables.*

Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2009, 12:43:14 pm »

"Thank you ma'am. While I was only partially raised with old world views some have stuck better then others, but I do try," taking a biscuit.
Herr Klinger
Snr. Officer

Hmmm... Must shoot better photos...

« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2009, 10:56:21 pm »

I was purchasing a nice Christmas whisk(e)y last week when the woman at the counter noticed I signed for it with my left hand.

"Oh, my son is very smart too", she said.

Me-"...excuse me?"

"My son is left handed, and they say left-handed people are more intelligent than right-handed ones".

Me-"Well, it must take longer for some of us to develop it then, I'm not a candidate for Mensa quite yet".

Whoever is putting out the propaganda promoting southpaws is doing a fine job. *Tips glass*

"In what country is there a place for people like me?"
~ Andrew Ryan
Isabella Stormrift
Snr. Officer

« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2009, 11:29:08 pm »

So was it determined that us ambis qualify for half membership? My family was gifted/cursed with one of each: my brother's a righty, my sister a southpaw, and I'm the ambidextrous.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2009, 02:48:43 pm »

I was purchasing a nice Christmas whisk(e)y last week when the woman at the counter noticed I signed for it with my left hand.

"Oh, my son is very smart too", she said.

Me-"...excuse me?"

"My son is left handed, and they say left-handed people are more intelligent than right-handed ones".

Me-"Well, it must take longer for some of us to develop it then, I'm not a candidate for Mensa quite yet".

Whoever is putting out the propaganda promoting southpaws is doing a fine job. *Tips glass*

Something similar happened to me just yesterday.  I was signing for a new sofa as the salesman was writing out more information and my husband noticed we were both left-handed.  Suddenly the gentleman and I smiled at each other like we had a new bond between us. 

I believe those of left-handedness do feel a camaraderie.
Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2009, 03:04:49 pm »

"Do we have much choice with so much of the right handed running the world us lefties have to get it in where we can Countessa."

Here is questions to pose to you all here, how many of you hold your paper while writing the way a right-handed person does with the hand under the written lines? How many turn the paper the other way and write over the top of your written work, and smear ink across your hand?
Janus Zarate
Snr. Officer

Gravatar

Bassist for Vernian Process

VernianProcess
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2009, 04:08:33 am »

Actually, Thorinis, we were talking about that very matter earlier in this thread!

I think it may actually deserve its own thread, even!  Sponsored by the League, of course (and carefully monitored to deliver left-handed propaganda Wink).

But to reiterate my earlier answer... I fall into the former category, to prevent smearing.  I wouldn't say it's the way a "right handed" person does it, though, because I've seen right-handed people write over the top as well.

Thorinis
Snr. Officer

« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2009, 04:00:06 pm »

I too write under as a right handed person. Even though my teachers tried numerous times to teach me the other way. Thankfully I am quiet glad that I write under but I have seen more write over then under in being lefties.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: