The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 10:50:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical steampunk  (Read 961 times)
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord
United States United States

Werebears RULE!

« on: September 12, 2009, 06:14:49 am »

http://www.corporeality.net/museion/2009/09/08/medical-steampunk/

Another Entirely Reasonable Opinion from
Bill P_______, Nul.D. (Unseen U.), F.R.S.*, Restorer of Old Photographs,
Sexagenarian Boy Genius and SUPREME NERD GOD!!! (score=98)
Down in the Belly of Brooklyn, NY, US
* http://forum.retrofuturist.org
The Kernel
Zeppelin Admiral
England England

Nutty Scientist

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 07:17:14 am »

Excellent - who's been tempted to post?

One for whom the terms GEEK and NERD are considered great compliments
theladyofshalott
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:13:11 pm »

Yes! the most idyllic of combination, morbidly and yet innovatively conjoined. This is my arena of interest, as I seek to foray into the medical sciences related to cardiothoracic surgery and epidemiology.
Old medical instruments are particularly complicated and involved- just the kind of science I enjoy- hands on.
Many ideas of plot lines start with a rather Frankenstein feel to it, and there are always other ideas of working to make prosthetic that function for daily living, and yet can account for a rather stylish edge- Medical science can take the idea of Steam technologies to a new level.
And Furthermore- to address the not-as-dystopian-as-cyberpunk, naturally. The technologies that we imagine and work fashionably could one day be used functionally to make surviving possible, and when you have a well-developed scientific art of medicine to apply, the general idea is to repair and enhance the living rather than destroy and annihilate.

One of my most favorite of subject, along with rocks and geology and microorganisms. Speaking of microorganisms, has anyone heard that viruses have, on some terms, been speculated to also have man made fellows? (New things in biological warfare).... OH the lovely theories I have on them, I wont write a novel here, though... Has anyone entertained the idea of steampunk-fashioned viruses? Just ideas. (seeing as viruses aren't technically alive, nor dead, either... a major point of interest on my behalf)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: