The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 11:50:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nefarious Society of Villains, Miscreants and Assorted Evildoers  (Read 13403 times)
Mr. Bertram A. Lisney
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 06:00:18 am »

My grandmother was reportedly so easily taken over that the hypnotist afterwards warned her to never again submit to such a thing.

And all of a sudden I'm reminded of an old Rathbone/Holmes film, where...Well, I shan't spoil the plot for you if you haven't seen it.  Needless to say, there's hypnosis, suggestion, extortion and murder-most-foul.

The Woman in Green.  That's the film. 

Oooooh, Henry Daniell...Soo...villain-y... Cry
Bethune
Gunner
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 08:00:43 am »

'B.A.D.A.S.S.E.S?  That's frightfully..."colonial".

One for miscrients on this side of the Atlantic:

British Organisation Uniting Neer-do-wells, Dastardly Evil-doers, Rapscallions and Scoundrels..

or

'B.O.U.N.D.E.R.S'

Being something of a dirty rotter, I have to concur with Captain Dirigible - B.A.D.A.S.S.E.S. is so...so...vulgerWink

I like to consider myself a gentleman first and a villain a very close second, so BOUNDERS is much more acceptable to my sensitivities, as - indeed - would any of the following (presuming you could produce a suitable acronym from them)...

> CADS
> RAKES
> RASCALS
> ROTTERS
> ROUNDERS
> SCOUNDRELS

And my personal favorite...

> STINKERS

While I sympathize wholly with the ultimate stated goal of 'total destruction' I think we have much to keep us occupied in the most immediate future, and as such it might be useful to consider some form of manifesto.

Just some broadly stated objectives on our journey towards the ultimate goal (and caveats for those who feel the ultimate goal is rather too extreme when there is profit to be made). Maybe we could suggest a sort of 'ten point plan' toward total domination?

B

Mr. Bertram A. Lisney
Gunner

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 05:36:16 am »

But we of less than noble intent are hardly united in purpose.  Would it not seem presumptuous to declare to all ne'er-do-wells have a single goal, and a single means of achieving it?

It's not our nefarious objective that unite us, it's not a singularity of cause that has had us labeled "evildoers," rather, it is instead the manner in which we pursue our projects that defines us.  Utter determination in the pursuit of our desires, and unscrupulous, the means utilized. (Perhaps not totally; even evil has standards)

Further more, one would require a deal more than ten steps if they sought to dominate anything, much less everything.  Perhaps a series of lists detailing the domination of a particular subject, such as a dog, a neighbor, the neighbor's dog, etc, would prove more efficacious in the education of novitiate rapscallions.
Bethune
Gunner

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 09:02:03 am »

But we of less than noble intent are hardly united in purpose.  Would it not seem presumptuous to declare to all ne'er-do-wells have a single goal, and a single means of achieving it?

In retrospect I concur - you are absolutely right, I am sure 'we' have a disparate spectrum of individual goals so it is rather fairer to say that any such organization would be a coalition for collaboration than any united force towards a single goal. What I envisage - personally - is a situation where members of the coalition can unite - or not - as they please in projects that they see are mutually beneficial, but which *generally* combine to increase the prestige of villainy as a whole.

In this way individual ne'er-do-wells can seek the assistance of other like-minded folk in order to pull off particular nefarious projects without feeling obligated to any interfering 'governing' force or con-straining 'rules'. Any democratically elected council would only be concerned that the projects of its members do not conflict or overlap. How does that sound?

Further more, one would require a deal more than ten steps if they sought to dominate anything, much less everything.  Perhaps a series of lists detailing the domination of a particular subject, such as a dog, a neighbor, the neighbor's dog, etc, would prove more efficacious in the education of novitiate rapscallions.

Again, you make very good sense. I think localizing goals and keeping those goals in the hands of those villains responsible for a particular area would be ideal. It would also curtain any villains from stepping on the toes of other members of the organization.

Perhaps I might suggest, to begin with, that we discuss 'turf' - to use our colonial cousin's colloquialism - in that way those members with a vested interest in certain areas can more readily work with others of a like interest? And in this I think you idea of separate lists to deal with specific areas is also a good place to start (and these lists may help to define the different areas)...

For example, I know that the air pirates will have very specific goals within their 'jurisdiction', etc...

Might we have, just for the sake of discussion:

a) Some proposed plans for 'turf', and...

b) Some example lists of nefarious sub-goals or projects (relating to identifiable 'turf').

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:14:26 am by Bethune » Logged
Lilith-Nighthawk
Zeppelin Captain

beautious thorn

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2010, 09:47:01 am »

I should hope the list would go;

• take over your neighborhood
  • city or town.
  • state or province.
  • country.
  • gradually collect nations.
  • World domination!

You are of course allowed to stop any place in that list you feel most comfortable.Each one also has its own steps. I've got the sneaking suspicion I would make a good secretarty for a nice lady villain. Smiley

"I've been sliding through an interdimensional wormhole seeing how many ways people like you can screw up civilization!"
        - Quinn Mallory, "Sliders"

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
Bethune
Gunner

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2010, 11:39:50 am »

I should hope the list would go;

• take over your neighborhood
  • city or town.
  • state or province.
  • country.
  • gradually collect nations.
  • World domination!

You are of course allowed to stop any place in that list you feel most comfortable.Each one also has its own steps. I've got the sneaking suspicion I would make a good secretarty for a nice lady villain. Smiley

Jolly good show!

I like the progression and it gives each of us plenty of room for some creative and unique 'plots'.

Here in Merry Old England, for example, a budding villain could start with one's Parish Council - a stepping stone to Town Council domination! There are all sorts of invidious evil-doings that one could cut one's teeth on on the first run of the ladder!

Blackmail, larceny and skulduggery abound in turning the Parish into the centre of one's personal evil empire. One could also look at the local stores and amenities as a source of ill-gotten power and funding!

We have a rather quaint laundry in our locality, dating back to the late 1800s - this would provide the ideal cover for some rum doings! Muhhh-hahaha!

Wink
Bethune
Gunner

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2010, 02:14:45 pm »

My first evil deed...... Mooooooowww-hahahahahaha!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Postscript: Would anyone with an empty warehouse or extra large shed please contact me urgently!)
Mr. Bertram A. Lisney
Gunner

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2010, 05:06:20 pm »

Blackmail, larceny and skulduggery abound in turning the Parish into the centre of one's personal evil empire. One could also look at the local stores and amenities as a source of ill-gotten power and funding!

We have a rather quaint laundry in our locality, dating back to the late 1800s - this would provide the ideal cover for some rum doings! Muhhh-hahaha!

Wink

Quite so to all of that, one might not even make the push to the greater levels of governances.  Control all the parishes in the County (I'm rather unsure what the parallel term is in the Old Country)

This is all to say that if your influence is spread widely and thickly enough at even the lowest echelons of society, it'll be felt all the way to the top.  What's more, less attention will be brought to your organization this way.

Excellent work on the tower, Bethune.  Shall you hold it ransome, or will you keep it as a trophy?

As for setting up with the facade of a laundry; legitimacy is always in fashion, and "We must maintain the apperance of upholding the law, especially while breaking it."  Also, in FX series "Breaking Bad" a labratory is set up underneath a laundromat, allowing the import of all manner of chemicals without arousing suspicion.

Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2010, 03:08:42 pm »

Just a few rules to ensure the success of any evil plan or endeavor

===================================================

My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

My noble half-brother whose throne I usurped will be killed, not kept anonymously imprisoned in a forgotten cell of my dungeon.

Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.

I will maintain a healthy amount of skepticism when I capture the beautiful rebel and she claims she is attracted to my power and good looks and will gladly betray her companions if I just let her in on my plans.

If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed him, and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops flat, I too will drop flat instead of quizzically turning around to find out what he saw.

If an attractive young couple enters my realm, I will carefully monitor their activities. If I find they are happy and affectionate, I will ignore them. However if circumstance have forced them together against their will and they spend all their time bickering and criticizing each other except during the intermittent occasions when they are saving each others’ lives at which point there are hints of sexual tension, I will immediately order their execution
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2010, 01:07:16 am »

-gets the feeling that she may very well be the rebel he was on about-
Trouble is, I am genuinely interested in your plan, Sir.

Ginny Audriana Irondust Moravia. Pleased t' meet ya.
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2010, 06:41:27 pm »

Come, come now you don’t really expect me to fall for it so easily as that do you?
Lazaras
Zeppelin Admiral

Have Wierd; Will Travel.

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »

My first evil deed...... Mooooooowww-hahahahahaha!

(Postscript: Would anyone with an empty warehouse or extra large shed please contact me urgently!)

I hate to dampin yoru enthusiasm but-

>.>
<.<

Points off for damaging the goods while in transit. Still. I know a guy who knows a guy who won't ask pesky questions and is very keen on personal privecy.

Though this is why I never steal monuments. Theyr'e so bloody difficult to cycle through. Oh sure I might want something suitable for my lair's entryway, but until you get to a point where people won't continually try making the place go boom it's somewhat pointless. Ptiy the climate here is all wrong, I really do think the entryway could use a few obolisks, but I don't want to goto the trouble if they're just going to degrade.

Cheapie Theatre
Want something to read? Got ten minutes to kill? Here you go!
Dr. Fu Manchu
Deck Hand
China China

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »

Who was it keyed your motor car? Who chucked that litter there?
Who sprayed those filthy words upon your wall?
Who makes you work so very hard, for little real reward?
Whose Chows and Pekinese shit everywhere?

Who's culpable for haemorrhoids and hangovers as well -
“THIS PUNY WORLD SHALL HEAR FROM ME AGAIN!”
The yellow peril incarnate. Green eyes of feral cat -
Concealed within his Macau gambling hell.

Against him unavailingly, you pit your feeble wits.
While brain washed Dacoits vie to do his will.
The cloying scent of opium, that smell of sweet excess -
The gaze of Satan, staring out through slits.

He’s the power, behind the power, behind the power, behind the throne.
Who is he?
He’s Dr. FU-MANCHU! That's who!

Tall, lean and feline, high-shouldered, with a brow like Shakespeare and a face like Satan, ... one giant intellect, with all the resources of science past and present ... Imagine that awful being, and you have a mental picture of Dr. Fu-Manchu, the yellow peril incarnate in one man.
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 02:27:39 pm »

Yess, well,, Umm, nice poem. I think you need to relax a little, maybe get a hobby? You seem just a little high strung, no?
Taking over the world in all fine and well but you have to be able to enjoy it, or what's the point?
Just a hint, its up to you.
Ruix
Deck Hand

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2010, 02:09:58 am »

I suppose this is the spot for me to reveal my kleptomania and obsession with blowing things up
anyone have a job for me in this mass plan? I'd like to contribute:)

Foxes and toads.
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2010, 04:13:35 am »

An obviously upset cow comes hurtling from the sky to land in the middle of the gathered group of people.
None of these people is hurt nor, strangely, is the cow....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:19:19 am by Lord Wraste » Logged
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2010, 06:59:11 am »

>Eats cow.<

>doesn't share, because that's 'nefarious'.<   Wink

Well that wolf has a dimber bonebox, and he'll flash it all milky and red.  But you won't see our Red Jack's spit, nug, cuz he's pinked ya, and yer dead.
Ruix
Deck Hand

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2010, 08:14:28 am »

>Eats cow.<

>doesn't share, because that's 'nefarious'.<   Wink

...what's it mean exactly?Smiley
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2010, 09:32:12 pm »

What does what mean?  'Nefarious'?  Or the whole cow-being-hurled-into-the-joint thing?
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2010, 11:08:56 pm »

Come, come now you don’t really expect me to fall for it so easily as that do you?

*squares up to you, looking you in the eye*
I do, because it is the truth. I am genuinely interested in what you are plotting, my good sir.
Ruix
Deck Hand

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010, 12:13:20 am »

What does what mean?  'Nefarious'?  Or the whole cow-being-hurled-into-the-joint thing?

Grin nefarious
Vagabond GentleMan
Zeppelin Captain

Clockwork Sepia

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2010, 12:14:28 am »

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nefarious
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:03 am »

And now you understand the irony behind Todt (the Nazi interrogation guy who got burned by the medallion in Raiders of the Lost Ark) calling Indiana Jones "nefarious."

<-------------Has been referred to as being 'nefarious.' Problem is, I think they were misinformed as to its meaning...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Cornelius Nightshade
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2010, 04:12:53 pm »

*squares up to you, looking you in the eye*
I do, because it is the truth. I am genuinely interested in what you are plotting, my good sir.

{Casting his glance around to make sure he’s not being overheard.}

“All right Miss Carton, I believe Ill regret it, but Ill tell you.

I hold a key office at The New Lloyds of London. One that gives me access to the cargo manifests, shipping dates and routs of more then half the air and sea trade in Britain and the continent.

I also have connections with several, “freelance”, air and sea ship captains. My plan, as you put it, is to use both connections to my further enrichment.

In addition I also have made contact with a like minded counterpart in the far east. With a working alliance with him and his organization, I will have part of every bit of cargo that is transported by air or sea accost the globe!"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:15:54 pm by Cornelius Nightshade » Logged
CorneliaCarton
Zeppelin Captain
Scotland Scotland

Gravatar

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2010, 04:17:36 pm »

And what will you do once you have succeeded with this?
Do you need help at all? You know that I am a pirate, and that I have ways and means of aquiring things that would not and cannot be traced back to anyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: