The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 02:59:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nefarious Society of Villains, Miscreants and Assorted Evildoers  (Read 13401 times)
Subvillain
Deck Hand
Netherlands Netherlands

« on: August 02, 2009, 03:45:26 pm »

Now, I noticed that while there are clubs for Mad Scientists, Air Pirates and Old Scoundrels, none of those societies is fully dedicated to humanity's noblest aim: World Domination!

But what is the point in acquiring knowledge, riches or weaponry and then not using it to destroy those less visionary than you? All that wonderful gear, and you can't use it against those fools, or nations, or planets that mocked you?

To all Criminal Strategists, Mad Scientists, Steam-Powered Buccaneers, Mad Cultists, Abominations against Nature, Crazed Despots with Superweapons, Gym Teachers, Conspirators in Smoky Rooms, Spring-Heeled Crooks, Gentleman Thieves and Elephant Killers, I say: Let's unite! And together, we shall get bulk discounts on Explosives!

Evil shall triumph over Good, because we Cheat!

We shall not get foiled again!
Taillte
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 04:44:24 pm »

Now, I don't classify myself as a villain; however, I applaud you for being one. Villains are always my favorite.  Cheesy
justinkase
Officer

"Putting a monkey wrench in the works since 1878"

captjustinkase
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:46:07 pm »

While I am an Airship Pyrate, I am also a villain through and through.  Let's face it bad guys have more fun (and in most musicals have better songs). 

We would of course have to setup some ground rules for meetings in order to ensure everyone's safety.

1) I would recommend video conferencing from our secret lairs for society meetings, that way none of the "good guys" will be tempted to take out all of us in one fell swoop if the location of the meeting was ever leaked.  This would also keep us from trying to destroy the competition.  This world is only so big baby!

2) You should come prepared to give a brief overview of your current world domination plan (if you have one).  This way we can make sure logistics are worked out and we are not stepping on each other's toes.

3) I really think we need to work on a different name.  Great Villian society names are an acronym/word (Example: SPECTRE: SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion or HIVE: Higher Institue of Villainous Education).  Currently that would make the society's name NSVMAE, and that is just a mouthful.  What if we went with RUST: Ruinous Users of Steampunk Technology

Subvillain
Deck Hand
Netherlands Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:19:24 am »

Now, I don't classify myself as a villain; however, I applaud you for being one. Villains are always my favorite.

Thank you. When my soldiers take over the States, I will see to it that you'll be spared.

1) I would recommend video conferencing from our secret lairs for society meetings, that way none of the "good guys" will be tempted to take out all of us in one fell swoop if the location of the meeting was ever leaked.  This would also keep us from trying to destroy the competition.  This world is only so big baby!

2) You should come prepared to give a brief overview of your current world domination plan (if you have one).  This way we can make sure logistics are worked out and we are not stepping on each other's toes.

3) I really think we need to work on a different name.  Great Villian society names are an acronym/word (Example: SPECTRE: SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion or HIVE: Higher Institue of Villainous Education).  Currently that would make the society's name NSVMAE, and that is just a mouthful.  What if we went with RUST: Ruinous Users of Steampunk Technology

1, 2: Excellent points! My minions are hooking up some direct-current telegraph systems to a standerd Cryptographical Engine as we speak.

3: RUST sounds good. I will threaten a moderator to change the name of the thread.
Dr. makebot
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:55:54 am »

yes, RUST does sound very good.
also, what about STEAM (science and technology encouraging armed might).
needs a little work.

yes I am a mad scientist, now live with it.

NazT
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 09:13:00 am »

At last a decently miserable place to hang out!!  (and where are the evil smileys???)

2) You should come prepared to give a brief overview of your current world domination plan (if you have one).  This way we can make sure logistics are worked out and we are not stepping on each others toes.

Just a few comments on the above:-
1 - Lucky I have my video-conferencing gun all sorted then!! THE WORLD WILL BE MINE ALONE!!!

2 - Surely because we're evil and villains etc we HAVE to tell EVERYONE our plans just before we fail to kill them??... Not that I'd ever fall for that, oh wait drat now I mentioned my video-conferencing gun!!! P.s. whats wrong with stepping on toes?? 

3 - Hmm it would need to be catchy and not in the slightest bit silly!  We'll probably need a uniform for our armies as well, oh and poison tooth pills... flippin eck this is sounding expensive already!!!
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:54:31 am »

That's why I've started small. Only need a few uniforms now, So I can afford to make them real snazzy. And as for my plan? Nope. Not gonna tell ye.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:54 am »

3: RUST sounds good. I will threaten a moderator to change the name of the thread.

I think if you, Subvillain, go back to the first post, click the "Modify" link, and then change the title of the post, it will change the title of the thread and the default title for all subsequent posts. It's certainly worth a try, anyway.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
NazT
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 11:27:35 am »

And as for my plan? Nope. Not gonna tell ye.
Well you are certainly no proper villain!!  In fact, if I may be so bold, you sound very much like someone of good REPUTE!!!
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 11:33:54 am »

And as for my plan? Nope. Not gonna tell ye.
Well you are certainly no proper villain!!  In fact, if I may be so bold, you sound very much like someone of good REPUTE!!!
I am a villian, for sure. I never studied at The Rube Goldberg Institute of World Domination. I acquired my BEv. via the NZIOABAAWYPTD (New Zealand Institute Of Actually Bloody Achieveing What You Plan To Do). I plan to actually conquer the world, not just try.
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 11:52:30 am »

How about the Republic of Evil Villains, Empirists, Ne'er-do-wells and Gentleman Exploiters.

And I'm afraid there is just no room for you all to take lead roles in my tyrranical plans, but feel free to add your names to my minions list.

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

justinkase
Officer

captjustinkase
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 10:36:34 pm »

At last a decently miserable place to hang out!!  (and where are the evil smileys???)

Just a few comments on the above:-
1 - Lucky I have my video-conferencing gun all sorted then!! THE WORLD WILL BE MINE ALONE!!!

2 - Surely because we're evil and villains etc we HAVE to tell EVERYONE our plans just before we fail to kill them??... Not that I'd ever fall for that, oh wait drat now I mentioned my video-conferencing gun!!! P.s. whats wrong with stepping on toes?? 

3 - Hmm it would need to be catchy and not in the slightest bit silly!  We'll probably need a uniform for our armies as well, oh and poison tooth pills... flippin eck this is sounding expensive already!!!

We do not HAVE to tell EVERYONE, just HAVE to tell our personal heroes when they decide to make a damnable nuisance of themselves when trying to stop us. After we have captured them of course.

As for the stepping on toes, it was only a suggestion.  i would hate for one of our plans not to succeed due to an involvement by a fellow devious mastermind.  i mean I expect the heroes to but into my plans, but other villains is just plane rude.  I would hate to be forced to kill you prematurely.  I still have uses for some of you.

Speaking of other rules, I would recommend going to the URL below and reading the list, as it has plenty of danm good advise.
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
Capt_Zaphod
Snr. Officer

Gravatar

Chrono Corps Agent:42

Captain_Zaphod
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 11:01:27 pm »

Sorry ... I'm helping Dr. Steel take over the world.

Dr. makebot
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 11:23:31 am »

Speaking of other rules, I would recommend going to the URL below and reading the list, as it has plenty of danm good advise.
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

very good advice.
Elliot_Pending
Officer

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 02:19:53 am »

Ruling the world seems like quite a lot of work.
Myself, I am more interested in ruling its valuables.

~diabolical grin~
The Radical
Officer
Canada Canada

theradicalclan
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 02:42:55 am »

I am no villain! I may pillage, terrorize civilians, and strike fear in the hearts of society's leaders, but it's all for the greater good I tell you!!

heavyporker
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 08:05:47 pm »

Ah.

Excellent. Excellent.

Thank you all for revealing yourselves. Now I've got my list nicely filled out. Oh! Er, um, everyone, would you mind sending me your real names, addresses, and various alias that you go under, plus photos of yourselves in frontal and side profiles? It's for... err... umm... yes! the mailing list! Yes, that's it, my mailing list. So go ahead and send me your information, would you?

Also, that Evil Overlord list is derigeur, but may I point that that you guys should really look into the works of a certain someone named Neil Zawacki? Andre de Guillame is another interesting writer upon this subject as well.

Also, how do I get in on that bulk rate explosives, that sounds like an excellent endeavor.

I hope you all enjoyed Air Kraken Day
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 09:08:23 pm »

Bounders Association of Devlish Delinquency and Incidious Evil.

The legs have fallen off my Victorian Lady...
Thaumaturgical Nuissance
Snr. Officer

I follow rule #29 at all times and in all things.

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 09:47:25 pm »

While I wouldn't say I was a real villain, I do make a fine lieutenant or squad leader. Large, tough as copper silica alloy, strong, and smart, though not so smart to try and overthrow you in the last moments of the critical battle with the hero whom you only barely outmatch so I can take over your organization for myself and have the secretary bring ME coffee.

But even as a minion I have to ask, why stop at only one world? There may be countless others in the aether void that separates the stars, why settle for a rather mediocre planet with an aged sun?

Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 06:27:41 pm »

Bounder's Association of Delinquency, Atrocity, Sin, Seduction, Evildoings and Suppression!
justinkase
Officer

captjustinkase
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 09:39:15 pm »

Bounder's Association of Delinquency, Atrocity, Sin, Seduction, Evildoings and Suppression!

OK I liked my R.U.S.T, but I think my vote is going to B.A.D.A.S.S.E.S.
I think I want to be one of the B.A.D.A.S.S.E.S. more than a B.A.D.D.I.E.  it would seem you would get more women as one of the B.A.D.A.S.S.E.S.

And I am proud to say that my 8 year old daughter has a crush on Dr. Horrible.
Rockula
Board Moderator
Rogue Ætherlord

Nothing beats a good hat.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 10:24:49 pm »

And I am proud to say that my 8 year old daughter has a crush on Dr. Horrible.
[/quote]

Your daughter fancies Doogie Houser?
heavyporker
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »

That shouldn't be a bad thing, would it?
Capt. Dirigible
Rogue Ætherlord

Shirts?.....I got plenty at 'ome.

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »

'B.A.D.A.S.S.E.S?  That's frightfully..."colonial".

One for miscrients on this side of the Atlantic:

British Organisation Uniting Neer-do-wells, Dastardly Evil-doers, Rapscallions and Scoundrels..

or

'B.O.U.N.D.E.R.S'

I say, Joe it's jolly frightening out here.
Nonsense dear boy, you should be more like me.
But look at you! You're shaking all over!
Shaking? You silly goose! I'm just doing the Watusi
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 06:13:50 pm »

Like it! We can have a Cornwall And Devon Squadron!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: