The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 03:28:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The empty lot across the street from the Smoking Room.  (Read 12825 times)
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer
United States United States

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 06:59:38 pm »

All is forgiven, Mr. Cog. One just has to assert oneself in such situations.

Owner, mate, cook ect. of Capt. Emptimind.
P.J.Cog
Gunner

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 07:09:53 pm »

OOC)) ill be away from my computer for the rest of the day.

"Just point me to the engin room sir, or the battery, ill see the pistons are greased and the gears aturnin."
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 07:15:31 pm »

Do you know how to work with a steam-powered Improbability Drive? If you do that'd be grand. Down the hall, left at the galley.
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 07:16:07 pm »

*radio crackles*

It is helpful and more convenient if everyone chooses one (1) gender; changing one's mind after the initial choice is apparently possible in this society but any such changes should be clearly announced, for the sake of those of us who don't see very well.  Mssr Delaney = male.  Check. Thought so.  Cheesy

Multiple genders are apparently also a possibility but do be aware that on this trip everyone's identity should be clear to the rest of us at all times; we are dealing with an especially devious enemy in this regard.  On that point, I have several cheap suits and ties of each gender style should we require undercover work.  Should anyone use one of these, be absolutely sure the rest of us know you are doing so, to avoid...incidents.  I strongly suspect, however, that this is going to be a fairly blunt attack, as once we get in the Realtors will likely know immediately that we are not their kind.  There are also...other dangers, especially in the catacombs, as most of us are aware.

If there are any course changes or such we need to talk about, please use this frequency; my experiments have proven that it is for some reason especially repellent to Realtors.  They will not be listening.

P.J. Cog brings up an important point.  I have been accosted by a new sort of - not a threat, exactly, but a diversion in the form of friends who would like me to join them in seeing some amusing little film about a boy wizard.  This is likely to be followed by a custom known as "drinks and dinner".  Fear not, there are no Realtors involved (heh, this time Cheesy ).  [Ergo, I'll be away from my computer for a bit too.]  I will, however, be returning some time tonight.  [Enjoy your own real-life activities, or whatever other, and I'll "see" you all later!]

[Edited to add: If it helps, I'm on Eastern U.S. Daylight Time, and it's about two thirty in the afternoon.  The board clock reads 7:25 PM.  Sheesh, you'd think a time traveler would remember to be clearer about the timing, but whatevs]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 07:26:36 pm by Nikola Tesla » Logged

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 07:50:25 pm »

*catching up and jumping on* I'm in!  Grin

Bye Reni! Keeps the boys in line for me would ya?  Grin

*waving* we'll see you soon!

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 07:59:17 pm »

*Fiddles with radio*

Mr. Tesla, I wanted to be sure I gave you the course I'll be taking to Antarctica, in case any of your people wanted to pop in. I want to ascertain this before we leave and you end up attacking a fortnight after or three days before us.

You see, I'll be following this trench... to here, and then diving a little deeper there to cut down on a day... and here's where we'll be docking... in I'd guess about five days.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:03:19 pm by Mssr Delaney » Logged
P.J.Cog
Gunner

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 04:54:17 am »

*mutters some thing about steam powered improbibilty drives just being a old yarn...

hmmm... the smell of burning coal and machine oil...just like home. ill just put my hamick here..and my imported shine here..
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 05:34:20 am »

*loads bio-rifle*

Click here for win. ---^
Athena
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 04:49:11 pm »

*lights a cigarette and waits patiently*
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 05:27:12 pm »

*pacing in the empty lot, boots crunching rocks and pebbles on the road*
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 05:40:24 pm »

Are we gonna go anywhere, or just stand here looking badass?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 05:56:48 pm »

Well, I'd quite assumed you are all coming with me, but have neglected to come to the dock. I suppose if that's how we're doing things, I can just submerge now...
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 06:26:20 pm »

Ah, wait, I just got here! Sorry, there was a bit of a spot of pirates over the Atlantic and me being a privateer and all I knew I had to... well, I'm here. So, is this the standing around looking badass part or should we be on the submarine?

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 06:35:16 pm »

Well, we can stand about and look 'badass' in the submarine. And I could really use some more port. I haven't had any in at least an hour!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 10:13:09 pm »

*shows up with a large, menacing-looking valise; one could almost swear the thing is looking at them as a predator would eye a meal*

Permission to come aboard, Sir? I have my raygun, my large-bore revolver, and ammo on my belt, and a large Gatling gun, plus everything else I need, in this valise here. Don't worry, the valise only bites when it feels threatened. Uh, or hungry, as well...*sets the valise down and watches it sprout feet and legs* Come on, then, you! *the valise follows him on board and sits obediently at his feet*

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:42 am »

Permission granted, Mr. Bailey. Mind your step, there's a bit of a gap...
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 07:23:01 am »

Ah. Yes. I was wondering about that...

*waits*

Um...hello? is anybody there? well, I'll be jiggered! looks like all of my fellow participants have dematerialized and left me here.*wanders through the ship, finally comes to the bridge and admires all the shiny brass, silver and black lacquered knobs and switches and levers and things.

Hullo! What's this? *Pushes an odd looking button, and the hatch clangs shut* Oh,bugger it. lessee, which lever opens the hatch...this one? *pulls it, causing a large cannon somewhere on board to fire and destroy a passing Omnibus out on the road.* Well, that wasn't it! How about this *presses a yellow button with a lightning bolt on it* one? *BBBRRRRZZAAAPPP!* OUCH! that bloody hurt! Well, let's see...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:30:29 am by MWBailey » Logged
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 01:00:56 am »

*Time machine jolts into view somewhere over the Atlantic*

Dreadfully sorry to have exposed you all to a couple of days of government work. [Real life translation:  work emergency kept me pretty busy.]  It's this busted gasket.  Any of you have a rubber band handy?  And here, help me chew some gum, I'll be needing that too.  Unfortunately, I can only offer the flavors that are fashionable in my time, unless one of you has something else.

*Proffers gum.  The available flavors are "Rare Ocean Tuna", "Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter", "Refreshing Dill Pickle", and "Mountain Swiss Cheese".*

We ought to be underway again shortly.
jringling
Time Traveler

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:33 am »

*Time machine jolts into view somewhere over the Atlantic*

Dreadfully sorry to have exposed you all to a couple of days of government work. [Real life translation:  work emergency kept me pretty busy.]  It's this busted gasket.  Any of you have a rubber band handy?  And here, help me chew some gum, I'll be needing that too.  Unfortunately, I can only offer the flavors that are fashionable in my time, unless one of you has something else.

*Proffers gum.  The available flavors are "Rare Ocean Tuna", "Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter", "Refreshing Dill Pickle", and "Mountain Swiss Cheese".*

We ought to be underway again shortly.

Warning, off topic.... Environmental chemist and government work? may I ask where you work, or at least what type of lab?

back on topic... mmmm, I'll try the dill...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:15:25 am by jringling » Logged

Athena
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 01:13:30 am »

*looks at offered choices* I guess I'll take peanut butter....*lets down hair*

Here, you can have this. I have plenty more. *hands Tesla a rubber band and begins to chew piece*
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 01:31:34 am »

(Off Topic:  I actually review other people's studies these days, for a contractor.  Methinks I've been tricked into becoming management?  Cheesy That's ok, my knees weren't going to hold out for much more on-my-feet lab work anyway.)

*takes rubber band and several paper clips, strings it together, and starts winding the assembly around the offending time machine part*

Oh, and see these...cards?  Toss 'em in back, they're flammable and make good emergency fuel.  The escaping demons from the burning cards come out here *indicates on diagram* and provide jet propulsion away from the cards' original bearers.  Neat trick, eh?  Wink

*chews absently on cheese bubble gum*
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:23 am »

All is well, Mr. Tesla. If the Mollusk continues on this course, my party'll be arriving in two days.
Athena
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:51 am »

Is that going to hold together with just paper clips and rubber bands? *looks worried and blows a peanut butter bubble*
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 01:43:06 am »

Ought to.  It's waaaaay out of warranty anyway, so this'll have to do.

*flips through calendar*

OK, two days.  Excellent!  Just set this here...*knob falls off*...oh ok, good thing it's set right, that knob fell into all of those business cards and I don't want to waste a pair of rubber gloves just to fish it out.  See that crank there, the one that's whirling?  Unfortunately, it's whirling in the wrong direction...could someone closer to it fix that?  good.  OK, looks like we're right on time to meet Mr. Bailey!

*pedals a bit harder*
Athena
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 01:48:04 am »

*begins to pray silently*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: