The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 02:46:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The empty lot across the street from the Smoking Room.  (Read 12820 times)
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Angel of Timefoolery

« on: July 25, 2009, 12:41:04 am »

[hopefully this thread will be temporary, but if it grows into something else after it's served its purpose, that's ok too]

Scene: An empty, green, unused lot.  Not currently for sale, though one can see a few broken Real Estate signs left over from one of the altercations across the street.  Near the middle is Nikola Tesla's jury-rigged and somewhat rickety Time Machine, missing some parts. The only light during the day is the sun; the only light at night is from the windows of the Smoking and Tea Rooms across the street.

Here, ladies and gents, is where we can start off for Antarctica.  I thought it best to meet out here to allow those who wish to use the Smoking Room to...smoke, say...to do so.

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:39:33 am »

*Hefts Backpack*
I'm ready. Got me bomb, me pistols, a Turbine&Whistle Repeator, and this dashing hat.
*Adjusts hat*

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Delirium Datura
Snr. Officer
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

goggles - what goggles?

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:04:53 am »

HI!

I'm ready... I think
*checking various pockets*
Butterfly net...check, fishbowl...check, thermo-chrono thingamagigie...check, self...check

Do I need anything else?

More people should be like us, and less people should be like most people.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 02:45:59 am »

Blood flow normal, pressure regular, bio-rifle at full ammo capacity. I've got this magma cannon but not enough hands to use it - reckon it could be strapped to your time machine?
*flexes gun-prostheticed-arm*
Bit uncomfortable, having an automatic weapon for a limb, but mein gott, does it feel <i>good</i>.
Result of my latest experiment, see? The tubules attach to my arteries <i>here</i> and <i>here</i>, run to this turbine <i>here</i>, and that generates the power to compress air to fire the slugs. Ingenious, no?
The loss of a hand is unfortunate, but I'm sure I could do SCIENCE! to my arm to grow another if needs must.

Click here for win. ---^
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:39:42 am »

Right-o, I've my sub-marine keys, a full set of throwing knives, a briefcase of property tax forms and my some-what trusty musket for weaponry.
I've also got a picnic luncheon sent by my housekeeper and a fully-stocked wine cellar in the Mollusk. And isn't this lovely! My mechanic sent over a brand new tea kettle for her!

Owner, mate, cook ect. of Capt. Emptimind.
Delirium Datura
Snr. Officer
Virgin Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S.

goggles - what goggles?

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 03:41:57 am »

~So... When is this thing getting underway?
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 03:57:12 am »

a fully-stocked wine cellar in the Mollusk.
...Fully stocked you say?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 03:59:54 am »

a fully-stocked wine cellar in the Mollusk.
...Fully stocked you say?

I could hardly go on an expedition otherwise, Mr. Helios! Grin
Athena
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 04:10:10 am »

*walks up*

Right. Zeus is loaded and I have extra ammo. I've got Kali and Aries ready as well. Knives are strapped where they should be, along with my short sword. *putting on my goggles*

Shall we begin, or are we waiting for others?
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 04:57:24 am »

Well we're on our way!  De-synchronize time-pieces to allow for all the differences in our time zones; any latecomers can easily find the directions I left in the Smoking Room.

I'm afraid our trip will be like that; you'll make a little progress, wait for others to sleep or catch up, then make a little more.  Considering we successfully fended off the Ealtors-ray in the Smoking Room doing a fight scene in just such a manner, I don't believe it'll be a problem.

*fires up busted time machine, which makes an alarming, disharmonious whine.  Strange rattles can be heard here and there. A piece falls off with a distressing clunk! and Tesla quickly picks it up and places it discreetly in his pocket*

So, who's riding with me?
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 05:07:42 am »

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 05:18:13 am »

OK, so the guy with the Bomb is going to ride in the rickety time machine.  The adventure quotient on this trip should prove quite favorable.  Cheesy

I brought alcohol; perhaps someone with solid food should also ride with me?  Not that it's any big deal or anything. Grin

We'll get started and the rest of you can catch up.  This machine can still make short time jogs, I just can't get back "home". (And no, my being a suspect in the deaths of several shady land speculators in my own time has nothing to do with it...)  Hence, I should be able to stay in reasonable sync with those who ride in Mr. Bailey's submarine or who catapult over using Bizarre Chicken's classic-technology device. Wink
P.J.Cog
Gunner

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 05:36:16 am »

* comes running out of smoking room with a map in one hand and a strange whirrling device in the other.

" dear piston and gear i hope i'm not to late.. i just bought this 'Time stream rift sustaner' tm. And im not too sure i havve the setting right yet. Boots dont fail me now!"

Yells ...."Wait for me!!"
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 06:42:29 am »

OK, so the guy with the Bomb is going to ride in the rickety time machine.  The adventure quotient on this trip should prove quite favorable.  Cheesy

I brought alcohol; perhaps someone with solid food should also ride with me?  Not that it's any big deal or anything. Grin

We'll get started and the rest of you can catch up.  This machine can still make short time jogs, I just can't get back "home". (And no, my being a suspect in the deaths of several shady land speculators in my own time has nothing to do with it...)  Hence, I should be able to stay in reasonable sync with those who ride in Mr. Bailey's submarine or who catapult over using Bizarre Chicken's classic-technology device. Wink

It's a kinda of inverse Murphy's Law. If we plan to put the most dangerous things together, they'll arrive unscathed. And as for food, I've got a couple of servings of Fish and Chips.
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 01:56:41 pm »

*Hefts Backpack*
I'm ready. Got me bomb, me pistols, a Turbine&Whistle Repeator, and this dashing hat.
*Adjusts hat*

*kisses helios on the forehead*

do be careful then. no dropping things. and try not to bring back anything that requires more care than the occasional dusting, unless of course it's gift- or anatomical heart-shaped (*no, no hearts extracted from bodies, thanks*)

In all reality, "steampunk" is anachronistic, innit? Otherwise it's just Victorian dress-up.

chain smokin', sleep needin', apparel designin', mohawk havin', tea drinkin', steady cursin', boy charmin', card readin' rabble-rouser and amusement park cleverly disguised as a woman

TS245
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 02:26:46 pm »

Okay.
*Hugs Reni*
Don't wait up for me. I have no idea when we'll be getting back. And if I never get back, only avenge me if you want to, okay?
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 02:40:35 pm »

So Mr. Helios is going with Mr. Tesla... Who's coming with me?
Reni Valentine
Zeppelin Captain

see here, Gus - nobody chaperones the chaperone

Reni_Valentine
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »

And if I never get back, only avenge me if you want to, okay?

do try to come back. i'm not appropriately dressed for a vengeance-induced killing spree. *sniffle* blast! my girl side is showing through my rogue skin! best tend to that.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 04:30:51 pm »

I'll do my very best. You can count on it. Not to mention, we're being lead by Mr Tesla! He wouldn't let any of us die.
Athena
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 05:32:19 pm »

*catching up and jumping on* I'm in!  Grin

Bye Reni! Keeps the boys in line for me would ya?  Grin
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »

I'll do my very best. You can count on it. Not to mention, we're being lead by Mr Tesla! He wouldn't let any of us die.

Die? DIE? Of course not!

(But it's not death we must fear...we must protect each other from a far worse fate!  Anyone who can't guess what that would be should stay behind - and have his head examined...)

*Fires up machine, counts occupants, give all of them a very close look to make sure that he recognizes each one*

If any of you have any cards to give me, now would be the time. - Just making sure.

*checks to make sure the radio to Mssr Delaney's craft is working, and is off*
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 06:21:21 pm »

Anybody left? Anyone?

Anybody coming on the Mollusk please report to Dock 12-B! It's the large patchy one! We're leaving in twenty minutes!
P.J.Cog
Gunner

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 06:36:43 pm »

# sees the bomb in the time machine..hears the call for dock 12-B.

Im off to Dock 12-B ill be there...something about exploding inbetween the phases of time that makes one late for supper. And i wont be missing many of those i hope.. least not dew to being exploded!

"Capt. Delaney. permision to come aboard ma'am"
Mssr Delaney
Snr. Officer

To wit, gentlemen!

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »

Permission granted.

And Mr. Cog? It's sir.

What's the world coming to? 'Ma'am'? Honestly.
P.J.Cog
Gunner

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 06:53:50 pm »

prime example of why running with goggles on is bad.. too much fog and one can hardly see. Wont happen again Sir!

Cog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: