The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 20, 2017, 08:38:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkham Asylum  (Read 94817 times)
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1850 on: November 25, 2012, 03:44:12 am »

Good enough! I've a bottle of absinthe to wash it down with-care for a swig?
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Rawr

« Reply #1851 on: November 25, 2012, 04:06:14 am »

Mmm BBQ'd chaos and absinthe? Sounds absolutely lovely!

*Tosses the arm she was cooking into the fire*

Gabriel dear, are you proficient in BBQing chaos? Last time I tried it was over-done and I destroyed a small town. Unless we'd like to destroy a small town... though it's not a guaranteed result
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

I'm so sneaky even I don't know what I'm up to.

« Reply #1852 on: November 25, 2012, 04:54:15 am »

I have been known to bbq a soul or two
I like them crrrrisp

JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1853 on: November 25, 2012, 10:33:42 am »

Ohhh, I was going to ask to share that arm.... Never mind I'll get it. *ignites hands, and reaches into the fire* *giggles* heh, that tickles *pulls out arm and takes a bite.*

Suddenly, a figure flies out of the shadows, screaming. On one hand, there is a sockpuppet, holding a length of wood in its mouth. The rest of the body seems to be dragging along behind it. The wood swings through the air, connects with the still munching corpse, and completely removes its head. the puppet drops the wood onto the fire, then looks at the assembled crew.

"Sorry folks, been wandering these halls for ages, with no-one around to perform grievous bodily harm to. Needed to get that out of my system. Names Rolf. The schmuck here" at which it smacks the man over the back of the head, "this is George. Say hello George."
George smiles weakly at the assembled folks, then stammers "Help me."
Rolf smacks him again. "Idiot. Don't listen to him, he is crazy. so, what is on the plan for tonight?"

Cheers!
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1854 on: November 25, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »

*laughs like an idiot* "Why, bbq'd chaos and absinthe, of course! What did you expect? It's a cookout, damnit!"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:32:27 am by Demetrius Rust » Logged
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #1855 on: November 25, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »

It's nice to see some "life" in this place again.
*peels another slice of soul off the ones writhing in the fire, sluuurrrrp*

So, it's J. Rolf Murray then?

*Raises a glass to Demetrius* Damnit being the operative word here. Wink

Smiley
Deck Hand

« Reply #1856 on: November 25, 2012, 09:12:08 pm »

*jumps out of an air vent and lands not-so-gracefully on the ground*

Hiya!

=)
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1857 on: November 25, 2012, 10:12:37 pm »

Blimey! Gots us a real live one, have we? *gesturing towards Smiley* And just what are you in here for, bub?   *reaches into the fire, pulls out a severed hand* "Ahh, finger food! Me favorite!"
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:13:25 am by Demetrius Rust » Logged
JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1858 on: November 26, 2012, 12:05:06 pm »

"George, grab me some of that meat will ya"
"Bbbut, it is on fire ROlf! PLease don't make me."
"Shut up idiot! Hurry up, I'm starving!"
George reaches in , whimpering in agony, and snatches a slither of meat, before cradling his hand in his jumper to put out the hairs.
"mmmm. mmmm. good." The meat of course slides out of his mouth, a bit like Cookie monsters crumbs. "Well no sense wasting it. Pick it up and wipe it off George, can't have you wasting away."
"But I'm a vegetarian."
"Oh sheesh! Eat it damn you! Or I'll poke you in the eye again."
George meekly crams the meat in his mouth and begins chewing.
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1859 on: November 28, 2012, 03:42:16 am »

*turns to Rolf and George while absently chewing on a severed thumb* "So Rolf, what's it like being cursed to spend eternity as a sock puppet?" *pulls severed finger out of his left nostril and sctatches his right ear with it*
JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1860 on: November 28, 2012, 11:38:48 am »

"Who you calling a puppet, chump? And a better question would be, what is it like to be cursed for eternity to spend time attached to a stupid moron who can't punch a damn, and squeals like a pig every time I force him to straight razor folks who insult me! Though I must say, I like that finger from the nostril trick. Do it again!"
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1861 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:49 am »

*pulls severed finger from left nostril, sniffs it, as one would a fine Cuban torpedo* "Sorry 'bout that gaffe-the sock puppet disguise nearly had me! Rolf. old thing-just what brings you to these parts anyhow, aside from the plenteous free-range corpses just waiting to be bbq'd?"
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1862 on: November 29, 2012, 06:44:05 am »

*Wanders up to the fire, blunderbuss on one shoulder*

Mmmmm, I love the aroma of roasted souls in the morning.

*Retrieves a slice of soul and inhales the lifeforce from it until it's nothing but a strip of greasy dust, and his eyes glow with a lambent fire*

Yum...

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1863 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:17 am »

Rust, you ask what brings me here. This goon on the end of my body is apparently as mad as a cut snake, and quite apt with the razor I mentioned. Since I am quite attached to him, I had to enter the asylum with him. Now, well, it seems all of us are stuck here in this place, no wardens to keep us in, but plenty of fun to be had!
You chaps are quite good with this magic thing, was it you who killed the keepers?
Ryu
Zeppelin Captain

Rawr

« Reply #1864 on: November 29, 2012, 02:31:43 pm »

* snatches a soul from the blaze and plays with it like a cat with a mouse*

Oh, some keepers are dead, some have joined our merry crew, and some of the keepers are still themselves. We keep those tucked away for special occasions and activities. my favorite activity is the trebuchet.They fly sooooo far

*Looks down and notices that her prey has slipped away...*

oh boo.

*Sees the soul off in a corner and starts stalking it*
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #1865 on: November 29, 2012, 08:23:28 pm »

Actually, I am the keeper.
But that's not what you were asking, is it. Wink

Srsly, Athena took it over after Delirium "went away" and now it's technically mine.....

*peeeeels another slice of soul away* you really are the best soul cooker we've ever had here.
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1866 on: November 30, 2012, 04:11:15 am »

*uncorks a fresh bottle of 'sinthe with his teeth while spinning a lost soul on the tip of an index finger, frisbee-style* "Really, soul food and an overabundance of alcohol-sounds like my kind of party, folks!"
JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1867 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:19 am »

"Well chums, since I can't actually ingest anything, this little cook-off is growing dull. What are we up for next?"
"We could go and smell some flowers and watch the birds outside"
"Shut up George, ya wimp. Stick your hand in the fire again."
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1868 on: December 02, 2012, 02:14:28 pm »

*wraps a severed finger in a soul and eats it like a taco* "Lord Wraste, any suggestions? Being a newcomer and all, I'd rather hear the ideas of someone with a bit more time about the old place." *pulls  a bottle of Jack Daniels from an inside pocket of his trenchcoat* "How'd THAT get in there?!?"
Lord Wraste
Zeppelin Overlord

« Reply #1869 on: December 02, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »

Honestly?
*Nibbles a bit of soul sandwich*
We usually have normal conversations surrounded by the chaos and desolation of the Asylum. Think of it as a balancing act. *face begins to melt and shift* between the real *kittens fly, one by one, out of Wraste's ear* and the surreal.

Back when this place was super active it was a home to all of us who liked to half rollplay and half discus odd ideas that didn't really fit with anything in any conversation we may have been able to have elsewhere on the forum. Such as:

I had a thought the other day.

Below Jupiter's gaseous atmosphere there is a layer of liquid hydrogen. Below the liquid hydrogen is a layer of metallic hydrogen.
The metallic hydrogen is so compressed that the electrons can jump for molecule to molecule, creating a magnetic field and discharges of electricity that somewhat mimic the synapses in the brain.

I think Jupiter may be sentient...
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1870 on: December 03, 2012, 01:37:09 am »

[/font][/size][/color]
I had a thought the other day.

Below Jupiter's gaseous atmosphere there is a layer of liquid hydrogen. Below the liquid hydrogen is a layer of metallic hydrogen.
The metallic hydrogen is so compressed that the electrons can jump for molecule to molecule, creating a magnetic field and discharges of electricity that somewhat mimic the synapses in the brain.

I think Jupiter may be sentient...

Fascinating! I do believe there is an epic novel hiding somewhere in that revelation...*flips top of skull open, removes brain and sniffs it* "just what I thought-I've got brain farts!" *replaces said organ and belches a green cloud*
JR Murray
Deck Hand
Australia Australia

« Reply #1871 on: December 03, 2012, 11:51:02 am »

"Whats Jupiter? Heh, rhymes with stupider. And Do Spit Her. Any way, I can see the moon, and the sun, yeah? Both of which travel around the Earth. But aren't the rest of the little lights just pinpricks in the drum that surrounds us, through which Heaven glows?
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1872 on: December 04, 2012, 03:03:24 am »

Sure they are...mwahahahahah!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #1873 on: December 10, 2012, 12:19:35 am »

Somebody drum up a few more keeperssouls, I'm famished again.
Demetrius Rust
« Reply #1874 on: December 10, 2012, 02:11:42 am »

"No problem, old bean!" *squints and looks MWBailey over* "Say, didn't you and I cross paths a couple of universes ago? Could have swore I heard banjo music when I was rafting in the South." *reaches up his left sleeve, draws out two screaming souls and tosses them to MWBailey*
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:05:45 pm by Demetrius Rust » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: