The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 06:47:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romain Jerome: Tourbillon Steampunk A la Grande  (Read 2515 times)
Sir Gawain Wagstaff
Deck Hand
United States United States

Gentleman and Fisty Cuff Extraordinaire

« on: July 03, 2009, 11:56:31 pm »

I've been lurking about this forum and enjoy many of the topics posted.  I am a watch buff among other things, which was my original draw to the steampunk genre. I saw this watch by Romain Jerome and thought the name was quite fitting: Tourbillon Steampunk A la Grande. http://www.thewatchquote.com/The-Romain-Jerome-Titanic-DNA-Tourbillon-Steampunk-watch-A-la-Grande-No_7095.htm

What are your thoughts? I find this design awe inspiring.
Zwack
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

And introducing the wonderful Irish (Mrs Z).

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:29:00 pm »

You're new here aren't you?  Smiley

Yes, Harold Collects Pocket watches.  As do some others on here.  I have a few myself but I'm not a collector so much as I like them.

Z.

"At least those oddballs are interesting" - My Wife.
I'm British but living in America.  This might explain my spelling.
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:04:07 am »

I do collect pocket watches, and have been for a good 14 years or so. As a long time (34 years) railroader (now retired), I do tend to prefer railroad watches, and I've had a few good ones. Hopefully, this will be the year I can start to rebuild the collection, as last year quite a few of my watches (including most of my pocket watches) were stolen from the car after
a local collectors meet. Our insurance did not cover "collections",so its a long slow process of rebuilding.

If you have any questions on pocket watches, or on railroading, for that matter, I'd be glad to try and answer them. My watchmaker has been teaching me the basics over the last few years, whcih has been a great help..

Here's a railroad and watch related pic..

CPR timetable, with my 25 yera and retirement pins, a 2816 Support Crew pin, my 1973 Bulova 218 railroad issued wristwatch, and my 1950 Hamilton 992b (also my issue watch).
The spike was pulled from the main line at Craigellachie (site of the last spike) during the year of the 100th anniversary of the driving of the last spike. These were commemorative gift items.
   I'm quite proud of the 2186 pin, you had to earn that one, by helping out with the restoration and operation of our steam loco, H1A 2816.  Was lucky enough to be taught the  mechanics and theory of steam power (as well as learing how to run a loco) by an old-school Master Steam Mechanic (ex-Road Foreman of Locomotives, too)

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: