The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 09:16:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Time Travelers Quarterly Review.  (Read 26217 times)
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2010, 04:12:25 am »

*pats the pocket holding a smallish key marked '1 of 20'*

*pats a pert derrière marked '7 of 9'*

Wink

*Green with envy*

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2010, 03:50:51 am »

Bastards! Demoted again.

Oh, well. They can take my title, but they can't take my time machine!
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2010, 04:12:21 am »

Oh, dear. I think inadvertently left my colt 1911 on Leonardo's drawing table. Do you think this will be a problem?
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2010, 04:41:25 am »

Nah, it'll be fine. Classic prank that one, anyway.
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »

Oh, dear. I think inadvertently left my colt 1911 on Leonardo's drawing table. Do you think this will be a problem?

According to Wikipedia, he invented it anyway...

Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2010, 02:31:58 am »

According to Wikipedia, he invented it anyway...

Exactly.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:46 am »

Still, I think I'd better pop back and get it. Michael's been giving me funny looks again...
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #232 on: July 06, 2010, 03:23:02 am »

Still, I think I'd better pop back and get it. Michael's been giving me funny looks again...

Don't worry...Mike (don't call him Michael!  Remember that encourages him!) is just angry because I rigged up a videocamera to freeze one of his friends in the washroom, because I noticed we didn't have a hat/coat rack in there...just don't cover that particular rack up with coats, or it could be a problem. 

(In short he's not after your wings, if that's what you're concerned about.  He has a fine pair of his own.)  ...Mike, how often do I have to point out that preening in public is considered rude?  Next time I won't wear the goggles and you'll freeze that way!  I swear!  What...

*freezes*

"An announcement that a poetry-reading is about to take place will empty a room quicker than a water-cannon." - Daniel C. Stove, The Oracles and Their Cessation

Remember, if it's the Warden Regulant asking, you did NOT see this.
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2010, 01:59:49 am »

I wish I could throw a sheet over Mike for you, but this is only a hologram.

Quick! Everyone look at Mike! Uhm, and someone stand between him and Nik, or something.
mindofsteam
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2010, 04:49:55 am »

i have a question i know if one goes forwards of backwards in the time line they go correspondingly forwards or backwards through time but what happens if one goes up down left or right?

Mad you say. Why do you judge me as mad i just wanna conquer the world what's wrong with that
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:58 am »

i have a question i know if one goes forwards of backwards in the time line they go correspondingly forwards or backwards through time but what happens if one goes up down left or right?

Look at what's been following me... *sneaks another look at Mike, who freezes into view, thankfully looking another direction* ...do you really want to try it?

Dangnabbit, I've been trying to get Mike's special goggles back on him when we're both in that funny space-time, but I can't get the drop on him, and when he's frozen they're stone and stuck to the top of his head.  Someone convince him they look better over his eyes?  Tell him they're sexier that way or something?  Does that concept even apply here?... I can't say I even remotely understand it myself...  Wink
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2010, 05:25:35 am »

Left or right takes you into new dimensions/planes/parallel universes/alternate spacetimes/whatever term you like to use. In our origin-spacetime, we have three dimensions of space and only one of time. Just as you're restricted to back and forth, side to side, and up and down in spatial movements if you want to stay within this spacetime, similarly you can only move back and forward in time.

Slipping between spacetimes is not really advised. You never know what will hitch a ride back. There were those stompy robot men that time, which was a pest, but they got sorted. And I'm starting to think we might have Nik to blame for this stone angel infestation with which I have been having so many problems....
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2010, 11:47:15 pm »

And I'm starting to think we might have Nik to blame for this stone angel infestation with which I have been having so many problems....

Blame?  Blame? But their demands are so reasonable!  ...Ok, the interspecies dating service was a bit much, but Mike settled for not setting that up if I married his sister...promised to introduce him to some of the local ladies...started a more general publication.  Incidentally, here's a copy of the first issue.  For the love of God don't call any of those numbers!  And don't look at any of the pictures! ...Oh, hello, Mike.  How was your nap?...No, I haven't seen her.  I think she may be in the washroom.  What do you mean, she doesn't have to wash or...no, then I don't know what she would be doing in there.  Maybe she's at the ladies' club...No!  You heard wrong!  There isn't a ladies' club!  ....*sigh*....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:48:52 pm by Nikola Tesla » Logged
mindofsteam
Snr. Officer
Canada Canada

« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2010, 03:39:51 am »

Left or right takes you into new dimensions/planes/parallel universes/alternate spacetimes/whatever term you like to use. In our origin-spacetime, we have three dimensions of space and only one of time. Just as you're restricted to back and forth, side to side, and up and down in spatial movements if you want to stay within this spacetime, similarly you can only move back and forward in time.

Slipping between spacetimes is not really advised. You never know what will hitch a ride back. There were those stompy robot men that time, which was a pest, but they got sorted. And I'm starting to think we might have Nik to blame for this stone angel infestation with which I have been having so many problems....

thank you i was not quite sure, also you may want to find a way to keep an eye on all the angels for they may be living
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2010, 03:48:03 am »

thank you i was not quite sure, also you may want to find a way to keep an eye on all the angels for they may be living

Yes, especially Mike here, who's been giving you the eye himself since you arrived...Mike, I told you that's ru...*freezes*
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2010, 08:39:25 am »

Oh, I know the angels very well. We're enemies from way back. That's why I'm broadcasting a hologram here, rather than being present in person. If Nik's friend "Mike" and I were actually in the same room, it might get messy.
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2010, 06:10:28 am »

And I'm starting to think we might have Nik to blame for this stone angel infestation with which I have been having so many problems....

Blame?  Blame? But their demands are so reasonable!  ...Ok, the interspecies dating service was a bit much, but Mike settled for not setting that up if I married his sister...promised to introduce him to some of the local ladies...started a more general publication.  Incidentally, here's a copy of the first issue.  For the love of God don't call any of those numbers!  And don't look at any of the pictures! ...Oh, hello, Mike.  How was your nap?...No, I haven't seen her.  I think she may be in the washroom.  What do you mean, she doesn't have to wash or...no, then I don't know what she would be doing in there.  Maybe she's at the ladies' club...No!  You heard wrong!  There isn't a ladies' club!  ....*sigh*....

Would soneone please keep an eye on Mike and get between him and Nik for a moment. And try not to look directly at Nik. And definitely don't look in Mike's eyes. Trust me, it's a bad idea.

Oh, dear. A publication? Bugger. And I'll bet they are especially eye-catching, too.

No point showing them to me, I'm filtering out all angel-like images. As far as I am concerned Mike is a black box. Unfortunately, you and M. Bailey are very indistinct, as a byproduct of this.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2010, 10:53:42 pm »

I am not an angel, I am a thaumotechnobiologically augmented human! And my gears and cogs and feathers and beams and rocket launchers and railgunssmall downy feathers and large pointy missiles pinion fethers and horrifically-powerful bombs decorations are made of brass and steel!. Oh, and a little cobalt, and plutonium. Maybe a bit of titanium. Oh, all right! And lots and lots of adamantium. Yeesh... details, details...
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2010, 03:05:20 am »

Would soneone please keep an eye on Mike and get between him and Nik for a moment. And try not to look directly at Nik. And definitely don't look in Mike's eyes. Trust me, it's a bad idea.

I gave him the special goggles, but he won't wear them!  Why?  When someone gives you a gift...

Oh, dear. A publication? Bugger. And I'll bet they are especially eye-catching, too.

How did you know?  They're gorgeous; the female-seeming ones are especially beautiful.  Mike has been leaning on me to post them over at the Gentlemen's Club, these ladies are apparently especially hungry lonely hearts.  (Funny, I could be sure he said "hungry"...)

No point showing them to me, I'm filtering out all angel-like images. As far as I am concerned Mike is a black box. Unfortunately, you and M. Bailey are very indistinct, as a byproduct of this.

Then you don't know what you're missing...if you like women that is... *ahem*...

*straightens*

I am not an angel, I am a thaumotechnobiologically augmented human! And my gears and cogs and feathers and beams and rocket launchers and railgunssmall downy feathers and large pointy missiles pinion fethers and horrifically-powerful bombs decorations are made of brass and steel!. Oh, and a little cobalt, and plutonium. Maybe a bit of titanium. Oh, all right! And lots and lots of adamantium. Yeesh... details, details...

I understand, MW, I used to be in denial too.  I thought being an angel meant all this about service and goodness and perfection...not many mad scientist angels in that scheme of things, though, eh?  Mike gave me my wings for very little effort...I think in return for those goggles he never wears...though he's fond of the protective suit disguised as a choir robe...says such things are "not traditional" or some excuse like that.  Only problem is, I still have to hide all those rocket launchers and things special angelic powers under my robe...it gets awkward...argh, tradition!

In any event, you should really come to our party, lots of nice single angels of both apparent "sexes" are going to be there.  You should come too, Flynn, it'd be a good test of that filter of yours...Mike has been asking to meet you in person. Wink  If you like, he'll send you a hologram also...sheesh, dating in this new Internet age...

Oh look, here comes Mike n -
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2010, 03:16:50 am »

I know, but the filter sees humanoid with wings, though, and isn't sure what to do... so it cuts it anyway. I really don't get on with the stone angels.

I gave him the special goggles, but he won't wear them!  Why?  When someone gives you a gift...

How did you know?  They're gorgeous; the female-seeming ones are especially beautiful.  Mike has been leaning on me to post them over at the Gentlemen's Club, these ladies are apparently especially hungry lonely hearts.  (Funny, I could be sure he said "hungry"...)

Then you don't know what you're missing...if you like women that is... *ahem*...

*straightens*

In any event, you should really come to our party, lots of nice single angels of both apparent "sexes" are going to be there.  You should come too, Flynn, it'd be a good test of that filter of yours...Mike has been asking to meet you in person. Wink  If you like, he'll send you a hologram also...sheesh, dating in this new Internet age...

Oh look, here comes Mike n -

Erm. Thanks for the offer, but no.

Hasn't he taught you that trick yet?
Nikola Tesla
Zeppelin Captain

Angel of Timefoolery

« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2010, 03:35:02 am »

Hasn't he taught you that trick yet?

Well...Mike tells me I have to put up with freezing now and then, for a while, because it's "traditional"...not sure what that word means in this context other than that he won't discuss it because I'm not sure yet about understanding these angels.  But after a while I suppose I'll be allowed to resist the process through technology too.  At least so far I've gotten out of marrying his sister  don't let him hear that I said that, she is a gorgeous woman, and they do need some sort of diplomatic foothold among the "normal-times" or so I hear.  I suppose that's what that little dating rag is all about.

I have to keep these discussions to short bits while Mike is out hunting, and sheesh it is amazing how fast he accomplishes this...if I am not careful he may start making me go along on these trips.  Come to think of it, I'm famished, and no, angel-food cake is not very nourishing.

Uh-oh, did you hear that?  I'm getting awfully good at hearing him coming...whoops  *freezes*
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2010, 03:31:46 am »

*refuses to freeze but shivers anyway*

No, Michael, sorry, but I'm made of metal, I can't turn to stone. sorry about tha--!
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2010, 03:35:26 am »

Ah, shit. That can't be good.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2010, 03:43:41 am »

Its ok, he just startled me is all, I thought hew was gonna pull some kinda big, fancy hocus-pocus, but whatever it was fizzled. Oh yeah, Michael it did too, i could feel it.
ZAPP
There, tatke that, yeah, that hurt, didn't it? ZAAPP
ZAPP
ZAPP
ZAPP
Yeah, that's right, I'm comin' for ya! ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP... *keeps zapping michael in the pants with his tesla rig*
aaaaahhahahahahahahahaaaaa...ZAP Toldja I'm no angel, mikey boy!
ZAP

*chases Michael around the club joyful-madly zapping him all the way*
ZAPZAPZAP!...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:45:59 am by MWBailey » Logged
Flynn MacCallister
Zeppelin Overlord
Australia Australia

Mad SCIENTIST!

« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2010, 05:34:03 am »

Hm. That is causing some rather interesting interference here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: