The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 08:11:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Empire  (Read 7690 times)
Orwin
Officer
United States United States

Typical Dabbler of Various Things

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 06:00:56 pm »

I admit, I have little respect for privateers... too often they turn to piracy when their commission runs out.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that as a new military body we have enough strength yet to stand against an established force...

Such a quandary...
Acadian Angel
Gunner

Be a darlin' and fix me a julep would ya?

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 06:03:07 pm »

It is my premise that a good intelligence operative is never the victim of standard equipment.  One uses what works the best for one plus any lovely items a good intelligence bureaus' top reseach and development engineers come up with.

Your balisong knife is my pear handled...oh bother, that's classified.  I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:11:40 pm by Acadian Angel » Logged

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Amsterdames
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

I like vegetarians, but I couldn't eat a whole one

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 06:05:36 pm »

I admit, I have little respect for privateers... too often they turn to piracy when their commission runs out.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that as a new military body we have enough strength yet to stand against an established force...

Such a quandary...

We have the power fine. We have use of all the Emperor/Empress's ports and shipyards, and full military funding. Brand new gunboats and destroyers on command, as opposed to the cobbled-together amalgams that the Privateers put together.
Unlike the pirates, we have the resources we need, rather than having to hunt for them.

Click here for win. ---^
Hyren von Henry
Snr. Officer

Yes Actually.

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 08:47:17 pm »

Pirates ARE resources! Their blood oils mine cogs!

Est. 1990
Angus A Fitziron
Zeppelin Overlord

Research Air Ship R.A.S. 'Saorsa'

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 10:19:23 pm »

I think I would make a fantastic monarch *lounges on throne and flexes talons*
The monarch of an empire is either an emporer or empress. Using the bizarre chicken's teminology that would be 'Steamperor' (possibility) or 'Steampress' (I don't think so...)  Grin

Airship Artificer, part-time romantik and amateur Natural Philosopher

"wee all here are much troubled with the loss of poor Thompson & Sutton"
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 12:06:03 am »

The monarch of an empire is either an emporer or empress. Using the bizarre chicken's teminology that would be 'Steamperor' (possibility) or 'Steampress' (I don't think so...)  Grin

Sounds like something used to iron one's trousers...

That said, it is a woman... *awaits beating by all female members of forum*
Athena
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 12:36:24 am »

*throwing a "Steampress" at the bizarre one*

Don't mind me, just lurking. ^_^
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 12:50:25 am »

(Now gentlemen, as a female, I'm trying to start a cat fight for you.  Jump right on in now, that's my US size 6 (UK 4.5) alligator muleskinner's boot making repeated contact with your ankles.)

But you're a Woman! We can't hit Women! Whatever would our Mothers think?
Probably die of the horror that she raised a monster...

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Mina
Snr. Officer

Steampunk seraphim, femme fatale

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 01:59:52 am »

Sounds like something used to iron one's trousers...

That said, it is a woman... *awaits beating by all female members of forum*

*throwing a heated iron right about now*

Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 02:02:38 am »

Yes! I have successfully managed to alienate an entire gender!
 *updates high-scores*
Acadian Angel
Gunner

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 02:19:51 am »

(Now gentlemen, as a female, I'm trying to start a cat fight for you.  Jump right on in now, that's my US size 6 (UK 4.5) alligator muleskinner's boot making repeated contact with your ankles.)

Sweet ever lovin' home baked biscuits! Is your gender really that obtuse???

Let me break it down for you, poor thing.  I (as a female) suggested the catfight, er, ladies duel, which makes it fine to have one.  It also makes if fine for you males to urge that very solution on ladies wishing to claim the title of Queen, using terms like "It does seem the only honorable way." etc. etc.  This action will then create the conditions that can cause a cat fight, much to the aforementioned gentlemen's delight and the delight on the lady who wins.

Sigh...you really do need it written down and then pounded into your heads with spanners don't you??

Yes! I have successfully managed to alienate an entire gender!
 *updates high-scores*

Come here darlin' and let me show ya'll what a steampress will do to a gentleman while he's still wearing trousers.   Wink
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:23:19 am by Acadian Angel » Logged
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 02:32:35 am »

Aim sorreh but I hwas raised bai thee fanest scholars mai daddeh could afford, one simply does not engage in such lewd behaviah.....

(Attempt at typing in Queeny accent makes me look like a lolcat, interesting.)

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Acadian Angel
Gunner

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 02:40:23 am »

Aim sorreh but I hwas raised bai thee fanest scholars mai daddeh could afford, one simply does not engage in such lewd behaviah.....

(Attempt at typing in Queeny accent makes me look like a lolcat, interesting.)

Oh my, you never would have survived at Miss Genevieve Boudreaux's Ladies' Academy.  Of course, we're a little rougher round the edges in those parts, but we do hold to the truth that a real lady knows when NOT to be one.
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 02:44:56 am »

Lol, no I can't do it, I have way too much fun being an Assassins Guild trained mesmerist to be a queen, you go on ahead and have fun.
Acadian Angel
Gunner

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 03:19:15 am »

Lol, no I can't do it, I have way too much fun being an Assassins Guild trained mesmerist to be a queen, you go on ahead and have fun.

Frankly I think that's a perfect resume for a Queen.  I told you, I want to be in the intelligence bureau, pout....
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 04:28:13 am »

Sweet ever lovin' home baked biscuits! Is your gender really that obtuse???
Yes.

Let me break it down for you, poor thing.  I (as a female) suggested the catfight, er, ladies duel, which makes it fine to have one.  It also makes if fine for you males to urge that very solution on ladies wishing to claim the title of Queen, using terms like "It does seem the only honorable way." etc. etc.  This action will then create the conditions that can cause a cat fight, much to the aforementioned gentlemen's delight and the delight on the lady who wins.

Sigh...you really do need it written down and then pounded into your heads with spanners don't you??

Still can't do it. Seriously. I can't. It's an imprinted behavior. My Mother raised me well.
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 04:38:26 am »

Still can't do it. Seriously. I can't. It's an imprinted behavior. My Mother raised me well.

She's saying you suggest to a woman to duel another woman.

You sit back, watch the ensuing battle.

Laugh heartily, drink something nice and alcoholic (well, that's what I'd be doing)

Give your affections / seat of power to the victor.

? ? ? ?

PROFIT
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:50:37 pm by bizarre_chicken » Logged
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 08:33:15 am »

Laugh heartily, drink something nice and alcoholic (well, that's what I'd be doing)

Huh?

PROFIT
Ah. I see. Well, so long as PROFIT is involved.
Titus Wells
Zeppelin Captain

Forward The Steamtomaton Apocalypse!

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2009, 08:52:03 am »

Huh?

PROFIT

So what we are observing here is a sort of steamy mud wrestle? Hmm, might be hanging around for a bit...

"Who would have guessed that behind the formidable brow of his, which appeared to be made of some kind of rook, there lay so strange a mixture of memories and thoughts?"

Hyren von Henry
Snr. Officer

Yes Actually.

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 10:30:07 am »

If it's all the same to you chaps, I get dreadfully embarressed by this sort of thing - I'll just go and subdue smaller nations under an imperialist yoke while you sort out the throne hmmmm?

Oh and I want to be made a duke and have a victory parade on my return, where I shall present many wonderous treasures to the crown!
Acadian Angel
Gunner

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 03:58:16 pm »

Well sir, I do applaud your honesty and I'm also quite sure your dear Mama is proud of you as well.  Except that bit of changing your tune when PROFIT was brought up. Wink

Yes, a steamy mud wrestle, give me an hour to draw a crowd and a percentage of the take at the door.

If it's all the same to you chaps, I get dreadfully embarressed by this sort of thing - I'll just go and subdue smaller nations under an imperialist yoke while you sort out the throne hmmmm?

Oh and I want to be made a duke and have a victory parade on my return, where I shall present many wonderous treasures to the crown!

Might I suggest that a Monarch might be more inclined to grant you a title should you have been a supporter from the very beginning?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2009, 04:02:28 pm »

Haarrrumph! is this the lot what's recruitin' soldiers and officers for the Empire?

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
bizarre_chicken
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 04:53:18 pm »

Haarrrumph! is this the lot what's recruitin' soldiers and officers for the Empire?

Yes, to get back on topic, that's exactly what we're doing.
Hyren von Henry
Snr. Officer

Yes Actually.

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2009, 07:17:24 pm »

Might I suggest that a Monarch might be more inclined to grant you a title should you have been a supporter from the very beginning?

Madam, no one could doubt my imperialist tendancys, If anyone wants to dig up some old "air-pirate" or perhaps the "ignore me" threads, they shall have thier proof!

Though on second thoughts, perhaps people shouldn't dig up the "ignore me" thread, some things best lay forgone  Undecided
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2009, 08:44:29 pm »

Well, if you are still able to commission already-existing Aerial frigates and the like, the S.S. Ariadne, 26 guns, is at your service.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: