The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 17, 2017, 08:22:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Academy of Amorous Advancement Singles Bar  (Read 12778 times)
Athena
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2009, 09:35:28 pm »

Ah, thank you. *sitting down and straightening my skirt* *sitting up straight*

Would you care for anything with your tea? *reaching for the bell* I think I would like some sadnwiches.
Athena
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2009, 09:52:27 pm »

I enjoy a good cucumber sandwich myself. *ringing the bell, a waiter appears* Yes, we'll have some cucumber sandwiches as well please. Thank you. *nod*

Now, how have you been? *smile*
Athena
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2009, 11:11:47 pm »

Ooh, a challenge. I enjoy a good challenge myself. *sigh* I seem to be in the same job situation as you, running myself ragged trying to find a second one. Other than that, alright. Looking forward to the first week in November. ^_^

*waiter sets down a tray of sandwiches* Ah, thank you. *takes a sandwich* Would you be so kind as to pour me some tea?
Athena
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2009, 11:39:27 pm »

Thank you. *adding cream and sugar* *stirring before taking a sip* You sound like me...the second job is just a means to an end I'm afraid.

They are quite good. We have a place in Mobile that serves the most excellent cucumber sandwiches. Where are you working at, if you don't mind me asking?
Athena
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2009, 12:02:35 am »

I went Friday for the tutoring position, so I imagine I won't hear back from them until next week. I can't work at the other library because it conflicts with my current job.  Sad

I hope I get the tutoring position. I might put in applications at some of the local bars for someone to wait tables or pour drinks.

But, that's life. What did you want to go back to school for then? *drinking tea*
Athena
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2009, 12:13:48 am »

If that's what you enjoy, then do it. I would like to go back for a Master's in Library Science, but that's not even an option anymore. *looking around* *pulls out a flask from my bag*

Care for some?
Athena
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 04:10:15 am »

*quickly pouring a bit in Wraste's cup*

Money. Simple as that. I can't afford to go back to school right now, much less take my GRE. Any other job I take is just a way to work towards my life finally straightening out.
Athena
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 02:16:39 pm »

True that. *drinks quickly* *kaff* Smooth.

Now, are you still moving to Virginia soon? I believe there is a steampunk group there, and we would love to see you at DragonCon next year. It would be most epic. ^_^

*taking another sandwich*
vela
Zeppelin Captain
United States United States

Ask me about BLOCK 616

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2009, 10:00:51 pm »

Been quiet in here.  Have all of us moved into Arkham Asylum?

If you spend your life as a parasite, then it is likely your offspring will follow suit.  Beware, they might turn on you. 
                -Ivan Drugostrov
           (The Parasite's Manifesto)
Athena
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »

Possibly. We must have gone crazy from lack of company here. ^_^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: