The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 23, 2017, 11:07:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Extended Steam Salon  (Read 57929 times)
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord
United States United States

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #725 on: July 15, 2009, 08:21:19 pm »

sidebar: also, I'm going to start these off much like the radio shows of the era. If we do these blog style, releasing a chapter a week or some such, it will be a great sylistic choice!

***~Chapter "2"~***
When we last left our heroes, they were in a pretty tight spot. T. E. Gunn had just planted the bomb in time-loop. Brantley and crew had just blown in the gates of the Martian palace and secured their entrance to the throne room. Tensions are high, danger is everywhere! Will our heroes be successful in saving Earth from the third War ofthe Worlds?

As a long-time OTR (Old-Time Radio) enthusiast, I approve of this.

In other developments, I have installed WordPress on the retrofuturist.org site, and am now in the process of customizing it. This promises to take a while, but hopefully will be worth it.

Get with me via email (miss.nelle@gmail.com) and let me know what I can do to help. My thoughts, so far, are to break things up into weekly or twice-weekly "broadcasts" and I'd be more than willing to help with whatever formatting and uploading I can Cheesy

And, I'm registering for the forum there now

to which I got this:
The user The Abi with Email miss.nelle@gmail.com (IP 167.88.178.70) is a Spam, please contact forum administrator.

help!

Ack! The spammer-rejection module must be getting a bit out of hand! Will look ...

Another Entirely Reasonable Opinion from
Bill P_______, Nul.D. (Unseen U.), F.R.S.*, Restorer of Old Photographs,
Sexagenarian Boy Genius and SUPREME NERD GOD!!! (score=98)
Down in the Belly of Brooklyn, NY, US
* http://forum.retrofuturist.org
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #726 on: July 15, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »

maybe it's just psychic Wink

And thank you!

Action! Adventure! Possible Harlotry!
Abis do it for SCIENCE!
BrassGoggles 2012 Pin-Up Calander!
Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #727 on: July 16, 2009, 10:35:00 pm »

Mars
Shit, I'm still on Mars.

- Maximilian
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #728 on: July 17, 2009, 03:21:31 pm »

To her left, she saw the Baron and his troops, but she paid them no attention past that. They added their gunfire to that of the Beau Rosin, and she saw several martians explode around her.

The mental pressure became more active as she neered the Royals, forcing her to stumble, landing on all fours. She lowered her eyes momentarily, drew several deeps breaths, and put everything she had to her defenses. The Martian mind was powerful indeed.

Standing once more, she kept her composure, and closed the distance. The creature towered over her, it's foreign eyes peering into her as she peered back.

And she saw forever.
Captain Brandsson
Zeppelin Admiral

"We've done the impossible, that makes us mighty."

« Reply #729 on: July 17, 2009, 06:49:53 pm »

Something was wrong.
Actually, there was a lot of somethings wrong with this situation, but something new just got added to the mess.

Cross.

Where the hell was Cross?
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #730 on: July 17, 2009, 08:57:15 pm »

Brantley responded, "Roger,  Milord Baron, " and turned the Beau Rosin such that he could rake both the thronehall and the dais with gatling and deck-gun fire; the previously-installed Railing Guns were also at his beck and call, amazingly. The Baron's people certainly did good work.

He raked the enemy crowding in through the ruined doorway, and the various other openings on both the ground floor and the gallery level above, the explosions killing or maiming dozens of Martians at a stroke, and the gatling rounds mowing them down like wheat before a skillfully-wielded scythe. The Martians kept coming...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:00:26 pm by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #731 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:36 pm »

Thistlewaite fights his way across the Throne Room, a semi-circle of fierce Gurkhas surrounding him, the Swiss forming a rear-guard, Royal and US Marines continuing to battle both inside and outside the Palace.
They have taken losses, but that was to be expected, and they've given more punishment than they've received...partially because the Martians fight carelessly, heedlessly, throwing themselves forward without regard for consequences. For every Earthman lost, at least ten Martians of the Soldier caste have fallen. The situation in the Throne Room is rapidly turning to their advantage though, as more and more of the cephalopodic warriors succumb to the guns of Earth. If Brantley and the Marines can hold the entrances and keep the reinforcements out....The Baron gains the dais where the Royals are gathered, and begins ascending the low, wide stairs. He steels his mind as he feels the mental waves of the assembled Royals batter at the edges of his mind, waves of hatred, loathing, and....hah!...YES! Fear!This is a very different thing for the Martian Royals. This is the first time ever that they themselves are actually in danger, rather than being behind the scenes, controlling their fighters from long distance with mental telepathy. He notices that Mrs. Cross is right in the thick of it, actually to his right and a little forward, facing the Martian King. The Baron has been employing his sword to good effect, but he transfers it now to his left hand, and draws his pistol, a hastily constructed handgun model of the M.O.B.I.U.S. gun. He doesn't really know what may happen in such close quarters if he has to fire it, but he does know this...the Martian King will be the first to be obliterated. He draws a bead between the Martian's alien eyes, and waits to see if Mrs. Cross can make contact.

Yet well thy soul hath brooked the turning tide, with that innate, untaught philosophy,Which, be it wisdom, coldness, or deep pride, is gall and wormwood to an enemy.
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #732 on: July 17, 2009, 10:29:48 pm »

She could see everything, she could feel everything. Milenia streched around her. She knew things she had no right to know. Thing past and present. She she knew what was happening behind her, outside the room, at the beau rosin, on the other side of the red planet, and on earth...

Earth... She shook her head, breaking the visual contat momentarily. She and the Emperor were still mentaly connected, but it wasn't as strong if she didn't look into his eyes. She pulled forth an image of Tommy and the hobgoblin and the bomb, projecting them and the threat of what they meant to the Martian.

She felt amusement, and the martian returned an image. Larry... a machine... and a threat...

Oh no... Oh, god no... Her eyes widened, and met once more with the Emperor's.

The world went black for her as she was enveloped by the hive mind. Her body, however, turned to face the armies of humanity.

"The... Martians understand... that we... have them in checkmate." Mrs Cross's voice was flat, and the cadence of her words was both awkward and stunted.
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0909/d06/2144/c7f

« Reply #733 on: July 17, 2009, 10:35:34 pm »

Evie volunteered to participater on the ground, not wanting to miss anything. She walked through the throne room almost carelessly, shooting Martians, and never missing.

She played helpless well. She didn't want to flaunt all of her skills from the start, when she didn't know who these people were or what their mission was. As far as she had seen, they were the good guys. She knew many things, including common defense. There were some things that they didn't need to know yet. She shot another Martian, and looked to the Royals. It didn't look as though any progress had been made, but she was feeling an incredible pressure in her head as she got closer. Memories and feelings were flooding into her mind, and she staggered back slightly.

She turned, going back the way she came. Mrs. Cross spoke, and Evie turned again. A force seemed to press against her mind as she looked back at the Royals, and she stepped back. She had to get out of this place, but couldn't leave everyone. She frowned as she realised that Mrs. Cross sounded strange.

"Something went wrong," Evie muttered to herself.

I apply my personality in a paste- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #734 on: July 17, 2009, 10:46:08 pm »

Thistlewaite hears the words, but he is far from convinced. One hundred years of fighting and leading men into combat have given him a good sense of how people react to stress. Mounting the top step, he slashes the last of the defending Royal Guard with the sword in his left hand, leaps the remaining distance with surprising agility, and presses the barrel of his pistol directly against the bulbous right eyeball of the Martian King. Speaking aloud, and also trying to project the intent of his words mentally, he says grimly..."Let her go, you horrendous piece of filth, or I swear by any gods you may believe in, I shall blow you into sushi, even if it kills us all! Now..LET...HER...GO!!!!!
The Abiliegh
Zeppelin Admiral

Wench with a Wrench

The_Abi
« Reply #735 on: July 17, 2009, 10:49:20 pm »

The Martian King didn't flinch, but Mrs Cross turned to the Baron.

"Please... Don't kill... him. I... will die... with him...."

It was obvious that it wasn't her sopeaking, but it wasn't so obvious if the words were truth regardless.
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #736 on: July 17, 2009, 11:02:33 pm »

"Obviously, this mass of protoplasm is communicating through you, Mrs. Cross..please convey to him that if I fire this pistol at this range, you, and I, all the assembled Royals, and possibly everyone else in this Throne Room will die...that you will die as I execute this odoriferous thing is a given. The threat has no substance..I am prepared to die, and, regrettably, if killing him entails ending us all as well, I am willing to pay that price...I repeat...LET HER GO! Then, and only then, we shall negotiate. I shall count to three...if Mrs. Cross is not herself by that time, I shall pull this trigger, and consequences may be damned...all the Martian Royals will be dead, and I think His Nibs here knows what that means for his species. One....Two......"
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #737 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:59 pm »

Very quiet here, and I suppose I know why, perhaps ... or not.

I have been struggling with the WordPress learning curve, trying to set it up for our purposes of publishing a narrative (the tidied-up version of this ... whatchamacallit), and I could probably use some help, advice and suggestions.

A million bucks or so would not go unregarded, either.

Am trying to figure out how to structure this thing, as well as what to name various pieces of it. I think if it's set up correctly, we can host multiple stories. and we might want to call it a magazine ... or not. I am thinking in terms of a single-column layout. If comments are to be allowed (and that's a question too), then they wouldn't be visible in the same window as the narrative itself.

I'm thinking minimum navigation here, but there should be a way to move around easily as well.

Anyway, you can see what little there is to see (and it will probably change without warning from time to time as I play with it) at: http://salon.retrofuturist.org  ... this address should now be working -- http://retrofuturist.org/wordpress will work if not.
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #738 on: July 18, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »

Sidebar: Heh. I've been waiting to see if A) Mrs. Cross snaps out of it, we negotiate, put paid to this chapter, and head back to Earth to pursue the nefarious Lipschitz, or B) Somebody tackles the Baron before he can fire, and the story lasts a bit longer on Mars. Either way, I can't go any further.

Meanwhile, Tommy sits on the Martian desert, whiling away the time tossing pebbles at some little critters that seem to be half crab, half mantis. They run away, but soon return...and every time they return, there seem to be more of them..."Uh oh.." thinks Tommy, " they look hungry...that's not good."
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Board Moderator
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #739 on: July 19, 2009, 11:42:22 am »

It had been some time since the first of the mantis-crabs had appeared, and while their numbers had been slowly increasing, they had yet to do anything which Gunn could honestly call threatening. He sighed, wishing for the umpteenth time that he could smoke.

The detective gazed out over the alien landscape. Beyond the crumpled parachute and the clusters of mantis-crabs, the flank of the volcano sloped smoothly toward the edge of the desert; the red rocks scattered over the sand stretching away toward the orange-hazed horizon. The world was silent, save for the mechanical, raspy whoosh of his breathing apparatus and the slow, steady drumming of his heartbeat.

Gunn's eyes snapped open and he glanced around him, suddenly alert. The mantis-crabs had gone. He could feel a heavy, irregular vibration through the rock beneath him. He rose to his feet and turned toward the crater behind him; as he did so, the vibrations grew stronger and more erratic. He stumbled as the ground bucked violently, and a pillar of blue-white flame shot up from the caldera. Gunn's arm snapped up to shield his eyes from the glare. Around the spots in his vision he could make out great cracks arrowing toward and past him, spewing that same actinic fire. An invisible fist smashed him into the air and sent him tumbling through the sky; his ears rang and his vision darkened as he struggled to draw breath.

He could feel the rocky ground under his back, and the spinning seemed mostly to be inside his head, and fading rapidly. He sat up, cautiously opened his eyes, and glanced around him at the unbroken, undisturbed landscape. Beyond the crumpled parachute and the clusters of mantis-crabs, the flank of the volcano sloped smoothly toward the edge of the desert; the red rocks scattered over the sand stretching away toward the orange-hazed horizon.

The world was silent, save for the mechanical, raspy whoosh of his breathing apparatus and the rapid, staccato hammering of his heartbeat.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #740 on: July 19, 2009, 02:47:22 pm »

Gunn takes stock of himself and his suit. Aside from being scared half to death, everything seems to be fine. "Another vision? Like th' one on th' bridge?" he muses. "Sure felt real...." Undoubtedly, what he just experienced was what would happen in the first seconds if the Super-Bomb were to detonate. "Ground Zero." he says to himself. "Hell of a thing it's gonna be if the first ta die from a big bomb on Mars is an Earthman...well, an' Earthman and some Martian bugs..." The little mantis-crabs have reappeared, and they appear to be somewhat agitated as well..."Did they feel it too?" he wonders. Like a feather tickling the edges of his mind, he senses an affirmative. "What th' hell?!?...I can...hear 'em?" Not exactly...he shakes his helmeted head, then peers closely at the nearest bunch of little blue-green critters and concentrates. "chikka-chikka..tik chikka tik tik ...chikka chak!" Blinking rapidly, Tommy wonders if he's going crazy. The feather brushes his mind again..."chikka chak chak!..tikka chikka tic chak!" "Don't know what yer tryin' ta tell me, little fellers, but if yer tryin' ta say yer scared, ya sure ain't alone!"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:49:53 pm by Sgt.Major Thistlewaite » Logged
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

« Reply #741 on: July 19, 2009, 03:00:31 pm »

Evie walked toward the Royals, and Thistlewaite, firmly planting her feet every time. Every horrible emotion she had ever experienced was washing over her in huge tidal waves, but she wasn't going to let these large squids mess with her. She finally arrived near Thistlewaite and Mrs. Cross, and nearly collapsed.

"I don't think threatening to kill them is going to solve any of our problems here," she nearly growled through gritted teeth. "I think the reason they have Mrs. Cross is they realise we have the power to destroy them, but they have something better."

She saw dead bodies, heard screaming, saw flashes of light dancing through her mind. Behind it all, she felt an alien amusement. They're laughing at us, she thought.

"Something is definitely not right. It's a trap, or something. I don't know for sure, but I think they knew we were coming, and I think there's someone else involved."
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #742 on: July 19, 2009, 03:54:33 pm »

Thistlewaite removes his finger from the firing stud of the M.O.B.I.U.S. pistol, but doesn't remove the pistol from the eyeball of the Martian King. "I may hate them enough to kill everyone on this expedition in order to end their threat...but even I don't hate them enough to destroy both our worlds just to kill them...I'm listening."

Meanwhile, Tommy sits on the red dust of the desert, and the little mantis-crabs have gathered around him.
"chikka-tik, chak chak...oui...chikka!" "Oui?" inquires Tommy. If he could scratch his head through his helmet, he would. "Yer speakin' French now?" More mind feathers...the impression of negative. "chak..ticca chikka...no 'oui'...WE...chik chik...WE RULE..." The strange tikking sounds are starting to arrange themselves into words in Tommy's mind. tikka chik...WE...RUN...MARS..chak chak!!..BIG ONES...chikka...THOUSANDS.....chakka chakka tikka chik!! WE...BILLIONS!!  BIG ONES...chik chak tikka tak! ...STUPID!   WE...SMART...chikka chikka...WE BUILD...THEY BREAK... Tommy gets an impression of sadness..NO LET ..chikka tak...BIG ONES...chak tikka chak...BREAK MARS...WE GET BIG ONES..." Around Tommy, from every hole and crevice in the surface, more and more of the little blue-green critters flood out. Still seated, they move beneath him, and he feels himself lifted from the surface. "Hey! What's goin' on?!?" "TO CITY! chikka chikka chikka!! SHOW BIG ONES WHO RULE MARS! WE! WE! WE RULE MARS!" With surprising speed, Tommy is transported atop what now appears to be a moving blue-green carpet, stretching out on either side of him as far as he can see. "This has gotta be a dream! I must be dead already, or knocked out and dreamin'!" He finds that he cannot effectively pinch himself through his pressure suit. He mentally shrugs..might as well go with it...not like he's got much choice. Gently, but firmly, hundreds of tiny claws grasp the thick canvas of Gunn's suit. The mantis-crab's carapaces separate, and comparatively large lacy wings unfurl from beneath them. As one, lifting Tommy with them, the entire moving carpet takes to the air. Tommy is reminded of the pictures he's seen of Oklahoma dust-storms, only this one is blue-green, miles wide, and moving at breath-taking speed. "WE! WE! WE! WE! chikka chak chikka chak chikka chak!!"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:19:25 pm by Sgt.Major Thistlewaite » Logged
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

« Reply #743 on: July 19, 2009, 04:43:04 pm »

Evie decided to push back. She had never communicated this way, but there's always a first time for everything. She tried to push the images out of her mind, but they just came stronger. The alien amusement with her attempts grew stronger, and she almost blacked out. Her head was pounding, and she felt like it was being crushed.

"They have...something else," she said. "I don't know, they just find this very funny." She glared at the floor, and pushed with her mind again. She saw more death, heard more screaming. She fell to her knees, and the images filled her mind. The planet exploding, the laughter, the screaming, small creatures. She caught words, and it stopped. She stood up and looked to Thistlewaite.

"They've got something against us. Does the name 'Larry' mean anything? Only thing I got, and I think it's more from Mrs. Cross than these bugs. They have some connection in it though."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #744 on: July 19, 2009, 07:40:37 pm »

Sidebar:My apologies , Dear friends. I seem to have eaten something I should not have, and so am rather ill at the moment. Other things as well have kept me from being as diligent as I should be with tis R.P.

Hopefully by tomorrow I will be in good enough shape to post properly to both this and the other RP of which I am currently a member; til then feel free to move or use (or not) Brantley as you see fit. Thanks! --MWBailey
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

« Reply #745 on: July 19, 2009, 09:27:08 pm »

Sidebar:My apologies , Dear friends. I seem to have eaten something I should not have, and so am rather ill at the moment. Other things as well have kept me from being as diligent as I should be with tis R.P.

Hopefully by tomorrow I will be in good enough shape to post properly to both this and the other RP of which I am currently a member; til then feel free to move or use (or not) Brantley as you see fit. Thanks! --MWBailey

Sorry to hear that, and hope you're feeling well soon.
OldProfessorBear
Zeppelin Overlord

Werebears RULE!

« Reply #746 on: July 19, 2009, 10:42:45 pm »

The Professor and his writer wish Brantley and his the best, and also note that they have been somewhat out of commission the past several days due to a tooth extraction. Makes it a bit difficult to concentrate, even when I am not using the hard stuff -- that knocks me for a loop for at least a full day! -- so, while the Professor would really like to help get to the bottom of this, he probably won't be all that much help at this time. Same goes for "Bertie" of course ...
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #747 on: July 20, 2009, 01:10:24 am »

Sure hope you guys feel better soon!  Meanwhile....

From every point of the compass, they come..all converging on the Martian capitol. The masses of small bodies darken the sky for hundreds of miles in every direction. Back at the caldera, thousands and thousands of them grab onto the antenna wire for the Super-Bomb, and slowly and evenly applying pressure, they draw the Hobgoblin, still in stasis, up from the crater, then, they too, head towards the capitol. Unlike the cephalopodic Martians, who are completely controlled by the Royals, who in turn are controlled by one mind, that of the King, these mantis-crab insectoids are a true hive-mind...no King, no leaders, just one huge mind, with billions of tiny bodies. One creature, really. For centuries, they have been content to let the big squid-like beings inhabit a few cities, while having the rest of the waste spaces of Mars to themselves. They did not involve themselves in the affairs of the city-dwellers...but now, the foolish actions of the Royals have endangered the entire planet that they share. They do not blame the Earth creatures...the Earth creatures are only defending themselves, and never even knew that the mantoids existed. But, as one, which indeed they truly are, they are right now very upset with their fellow Martians. En masse, they are descending on the Capitol, and, helplessly, T.E. Gunn is coming with them. "I never liked flying," thinks Tommy. WE!WE!WE!WE!WE!WE OWN MARS!! booms from a billion tiny minds, or...really, from one huge one.
Miss Cheshire Cat
Officer

« Reply #748 on: July 20, 2009, 01:37:19 am »

Evie felt another mind approaching, one much softer than the Royals. She turned around, and saw a blue cloud approaching towards their location.

"What in the world...?" She squinted and realised it seemed to be carrying something with it. "That's strange, any dust storm should be red." She squinted, and realised it wasn't a cloud, but several tiny creatures and they were carrying a human.

"It's Gunn!! Those little creatures are carrying Gunn!" she watched them come closer to the throne room. They seemed to be here with a purpose, but they certainly weren't like any Martians she had seen before.
Sgt.Major Thistlewaite
Zeppelin Admiral
Gibraltar Gibraltar

I am, therefore I think.

« Reply #749 on: July 20, 2009, 02:56:46 am »

By the thousands, by the millions, the blue-green swarm descends from the martian sky. All combat outside the Palace ceases, as Martian and Marine alike are engulfed, and the weight of thousands of hand-sized bodies presses them to the ground, and holds them there without harming them."chikka chikka chak tikka chak..NO! NO! NO! NO MORE HURT! chikka chak!" They flood in through the ruined doors, through the windows, through holes blown in the walls by the guns of the Beau Rosin. They flow over the Martians, the Gurkhas, the Swiss Guard. Tommy is unceremoniously dumped onto the dais beside his uncle and Mrs. Cross. Several hundred grab and pluck at the Baron's tunic, forcing his arm upward, then snatching the pistol from his hand, then flying away with it."chikka chikka! NO! NO! NO MORE WAR!!" Millions and millions now ebb and flow across the throne room like a sentient blue-green tsunami. By sheer weight of numbers, they force the Beau Rosin to the floor. Brantley takes his hands from the gun controls and holds them up, palms outward. The mass mind turns its prodigious attention to the Martian King...he writhes, and slaps futilely at them with his two long tentacles as they swarm around and over him. He releases Abiliegh's mind as his own is assaulted, and she sighs and slumps down, landing in Tommy's lap. The Martian King tries to resist the onslaught, but his mental defenses crumble in the face of the overwhelming thoughts of the mantoid mind.."chikka chak! tikka chic chak! BAD! BAD! EVIL! NO MORE! NO MORE! YOU BREAK MARS! YOU BREAK EARTH! YOU BAD! ALL BAD! chikka chikka CHIKKA CHIKKA CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" The Martian King's tentacles go to the sides of his own head, and his eyes strain and bulge, and he begins a strange, high pitched keening noise, which is suddenly echoed by all the assembled Royals, who fall to the floor and begin writhing also...and then....it is over. Dazed, the other Martian Royals rise...but the King does not. His eyes roll, his tentacles grope aimlessly, and a rope of spittle falls from his open mouth. He scrabbles on the floor, and makes gibbering noises...his days of rule are done, his mind has been wiped blank. "chak tikka chikka tik...NO MORE! WAR NO MORE! SEE? SEE? WE! WE! WE RUN MARS NOW!" Tommy holds out his hand, palm up, and one, just one of the little blue-green mantis-crabs lands on it, and looks directly into his face through the glass of his helmet. "chik chik tikka tak...YOU..WE..FRIEND NOW! YOU GO HOME! SEE? SEE?" Tommy nods, "Uh..sure." Several thousands of the little mantoids fly into the Throne Room, blanketed already feet deep with their brethren, carrying the HobGoblin by the antenna wire, and set it gently, still surrounded by the glow of stasis, on the open deck of the Beau Rosin."THIS YOU TAKE! SEE? YOU TAKE! NO MORE MARS FOR YOU! chikka chak! tik! tik! YOU  GO! PEACE! GO IN PEACE! SEE? SEE? chikka tak! EARTH MARS WAR NO MORE! WE SEE! WE WATCH! OK? OK? YOU GO! chikka chikka! One crawls up the Baron's sleeve, and peers through his faceplate, and Tommy could swear he feels a ripple of amusement run through the mass-mind as it looks at the Baron and says "YOU GO! chikka chikka...CHOP! CHOP! NO MORE HATE! NO MORE WAR! CHOP! CHOP! OK! SEE?" The Baron nods..."Quite...ahem..as you wish."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:06:17 am by Sgt.Major Thistlewaite » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: