The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 04:11:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-traction league  (Read 10194 times)
steamtastic
Snr. Officer
England England

"It starts with S and ends in PUNK..."

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 10:26:16 pm »

Hey you don't want to destroy the cities completely. Often they have riches we can plunder.
Why don't we just sneakily send radioactive ferrets to run aboard the vents of the cities? The barbarians, won't know what hit em’ Grin
On the other hand, nothing beats melting a good traction city on a Monday. And anyway, London was on fire when the gods destroyed it. Often the cities have heavily built up wooden streets, great for burning down. Some traction towns are even made of wood. So burn the cities, watch them blaze into infernos knowing your helping to save the world!!!

Each Man is in his Spectre's power
Until the arrival of that hour
When his Humanity awake -William Blake
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 11:45:57 pm »

yes im sure the smoke from a whole city burning will be brilliant for your beloved planet

I am a freak in control not a control freak
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 11:47:35 pm »

Remember, plants FEED ON CO2. BURNING WOOD MAKES CO2. HATH THOU FORGOTTEN THIS?
It seems the whole world has become stupid.

Learn to listen to the world around you first, you will find the words you need from living.
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 11:50:00 pm »

i think the world may become stupid indeed

what about the huge engines ? the ones so big they can move a city ? im sure when they set ablaze they will release sweet flowers and puppies....
Dr. Hastings
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

listen first, then learn to speak

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2009, 11:53:34 pm »

indeed. but more importantly, cheese. They will release a fine mist of Limburger over the land. Because that's how things work.

Just like that.
steamtastic
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2009, 12:06:11 am »

what about the huge engines ? the ones so big they can move a city ? im sure when they set ablaze they will release sweet flowers and puppies....

look, anything we do will be nothing compared to the distruction those cities make. they are turning the world into one great ball of mud and death. so if we distroy a cities or two, fine there will be some cost, but nothing compared to what a city does. getting ride of it will do good in the long term, not just for earth but for humanity. have you forgotten what the cities do to us static settlers? they destroy us, killing and enslave everything they swallow. this has gone on to long, and were fighting back. fighting back as the anti-traction league!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:08:07 am by steamtastic » Logged
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 12:09:49 am »

look, anything we do will be nothing compared to the distruction those cities make. they are turning the world into one great ball of mud and death. so if we distroy a cities or two, fine there will be some cost, but nothing compared to what a city does. getting ride of it will do good in the long term, not just for earth but for humanity. have you forgotten what the cities do to us static settlers? they destroy us, killing and enslave everything they swallow. this has gone on to long, and were fighting back. fighting back as the anti-traction league!!!

have i forgotten what cities do to statics ?!?!?! hah ! its your own fault barbarian. you will be crushed
Gendrick
Zeppelin Captain
England England

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 05:11:48 pm »

Ok, so what will you do if we build a *gasp* Traction greenhouse!!! or a traction garden? Would you destroy us then? The green world is now on wheels moving about providing food for those who need it, which isn't the green storm. They are barbaric and don't have any sense of decency, I mean seriously, Propaganda? Brainwashing? Making EVERYONE Fight? From when they are old enough to carry a gun? Executing their own soldiers for respecting the remains of their fallen comrades? And they call us Barbarians!! In fact Municipal Darwinism solves some of the current world issues! Drought? Not a problem! we'll go someplace we can grow our food! Fuel crisis? We'll burn what we don't need, and build air purifiers to filter out the smoke into things we can use. And if there's a food shortage, we can sell some of our junk for food, or incorporate someone into our city (when it gets to that point) you see, the green storm currently doesn't work! Wait until Municipal Darwinism can no longer sustain itself.
steamtastic
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »

Why wait for the death when we can end it now! We, the Green Storm the barbarians? The cities enslave our people; destroy our homes and the world we live in. Municipal Darwinism is flawed. The cities in the beginning were a good idea, but it was never meant to last as long as you plan it to. Our people are dying, the world’s resources are running out, and the cities have reduced use to the bare minimum. You say you can make a green city, but the only one which is green is a destroyed one! You're following in the footsteps of the mad man Godshawk! Maybe a city which doesn't eat other cities, enslave our families or destroy the world would work... but that is beyond belief! The green storm has had to adapt to become efficient in its fight toward the barbaric cities. What say you, with the death which follows in your tracks, to accuse us of being barbaric? Define the word barbaric! We have merely disregarded what you call, humanity for the greater good. With so many dead already, there is no time to slow down in our battle! You have changed; no crushed the world in to your own doing, and we need to crush it back – no matter what the costs.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:56:26 pm by steamtastic » Logged
Pog
Gunner

Crankshaft Cruncher

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2009, 02:33:49 pm »

Would Airhaven count as a Traction City? If not than I'm more than willing to join, otherwise...

I want to live in a Dieselpunk world reading Steampunk books
I want to see how a nuclear family looks
I want to live in the 40s era
But instead I'm stuck down here-a
19th Century Space Pilot
Snr. Officer

Cererean
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2009, 07:22:53 pm »

Bah! The Semi-static Alliance has spies everywhere. You barbarians will not know what's hit you. Just wait until the Airfortresses move in, destroying traction cities from the air, before moving on to attack the mossie scum.

Now for some shameless self promotion... http://needsmoremarshmallows.blogspot.co.uk/

- Aetheric Aviatrix
steamtastic
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 05:51:16 pm »

Death from the seas, Death from the ground, Death from under the ground. And now Death from the skies.
     So much destruction. Destruction to the world, destruction to humanity, and what have we got to show for it? A bunch of paranoid cities on wheels destroying everything in their path. Static settlers gone mad through all the death we’ve grown up in. Oh yes, I’m mad. Mad at what humanity’s done the world. Because that’s what we as humans believe in now. That life is to destroy and fight for what we hold dear. But what is that exactly? Can we even remember? All I can remember is Death. Generations of Death. But I’m not going to blame you, because this is how it’s been for years. What we need to do is get rid of the course of all this destruction. I’m not talking about the cities this time; despite how much I detest them. What I’m talking about is something that’s got out of hands centuries ago, something that was once our greatest achievement, but now our greatest mistake.    
     What I’m talk about is technology. Technology, have given us the means to unleash our lust for destruction. Take away technology, and we take away man’s greatest problems. Look what happened to the ancient. Their power was their downfall. And did we learn from their mistakes? No, the exact same thing is happening to us. We’ve got no choice but to go back to the old ways of our forefathers, and sure it’ll be hard, but it’ll give us means for a second chance, a second chance to right the wrong we’ve done to the world. We’ve screwed up the first time, but surely it can’t happen a second.
     Legend tells of an old tech weapon capable of wiping out all technology. A satellite which is armed with EMP missiles aimed at ever corner of the world. http://mondovista.com/empx.html
     How ironic. Technology will be Technology’s downfall. I probably haven’t thought this through, but since when have the Green Storm ever done that?
     Yes, here comes the airship with the old tech code now. My own secret mission. That’s right, when you’ve been fighting this silly little war with my comrades, I’ve gone out and obtain the real trump card. For you see, I haven’t told the Green Storm my plans, as they love their sick twisted technology almost as much as you love your cities. They’re blinded by their lust for technology, and it sickens me almost as much as your cities do. Long ago I once too had a love for technology, but now all it does is bores me. *sigh* out of all our technology I’ll miss airships the most.

So, Any last words Cities, before I destroy everything in order to save everything?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:16:01 pm by steamtastic » Logged
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2010, 11:57:00 pm »

You do realise the cities don't run on the same sort of technology that the Ancients designed those weapons to destroy, don't you?

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
steamtastic
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:20 pm »

I don't think an EMP would be too picky on what it destroys. A stalker was never ment to fight, but we changed that didn't we? No one knows how the engines in a city work as the designs were created centuries ago by a genius named godshalk, and even then they didn't understand how he did it. Old tech; whatever it was initially made to destroy, has proven to be the most powerful weapon of today.
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 02:12:51 pm »

It's not a question of the EMP not being picky. It's a question of is the Traction City tech sufficiently advanced, and advanced in the right way, for EMP to damage it.
And I say it isn't. The Ancient Weapons were designed to destroy Ancient Tech. Our cities do not run on Ancient Tech. They run on simple tech. The roaring engines, pushing the great grinding gears which pull the cities through the Great Hunting Ground, none of them will fall to your much vaunted EMP missiles.
steamtastic
Snr. Officer
England England

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 03:38:43 pm »

I see your point about the engines. They’ve lasted centuries longer than the people who first made them, using only “simple” tech that even our finest minds can’t begin to get their heads round how they work. Even though you and I both doubt the EMP will affect the engines, we can’t be 100% sure. I can’t remember much form the book Fever Crumb, but didn’t Godshawk design the engines with the help of old technology? Granted that simple traction suburbs use simple tech engines, but the big cities; the ones that really count use something much more special. No, those Traction City engines are far from “simple Tech”, and I’m unsure what the EMP will do to them.
   Besides, the EMP will affect more than just the engines. An EMP field will affect all circuits and electronics, regardless how old or what year they were made. What good is an engine powerful enough to move a city if nothing on board the city works? Navigation, Power Lines, transformers, everything electrical will cease to work.
   You say that old tech weaponry was made from old tech machinery, well then look around. Everything we have now is just reminiscence of old tech, altered here and there to something we understand (new tech) but still born from old tech machinery. The cities themselves are just a collaboration of old and new tech mixed together to make something that somehow works. But soon that won’t be the case. Soon the cities will stop, but it won’t just be the cities. It will be everything and anything that contains anything electrical.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:36:08 pm by steamtastic » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: