The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2017, 03:26:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steam and Sand: OOC and Character Thread  (Read 32928 times)
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Privateering off HMAS Landeythan

« Reply #500 on: September 02, 2009, 05:23:34 pm »

Is anyone else here actually? I feel a bit sorry for my little RP...

"Blessed be Science and her handmaiden Steam;
They make Utopia only half a dream."

"So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' "
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #501 on: September 02, 2009, 08:34:16 pm »

Well you know Nigel and I are.

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #502 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:04 pm »

Hehe, of course. I wouldn't want to just restart and leave everyone else behind.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #503 on: September 02, 2009, 09:09:48 pm »

I know that is why I haven't posted.
Mina
Snr. Officer

Steampunk seraphim, femme fatale

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #504 on: September 02, 2009, 10:15:20 pm »

okay, I'm still trying to figure out what happened to everyone...

Stella, Nigel, VAP, Skinner, MWBailer, and myself seem accounted for. Aryenne was have computer problems, Titus had to bow out. So, that leaves just JohnSix unaccounted for... did I miss him leaving the game? besides that there was Helios, but his role was temporary (as far as I can see)

so am I right about everything?

Come take my journey into night
    Come be my shadow, walk at my side
    And when you see all that I have seen
    Can you tell me love from pride?
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2009, 11:53:13 pm »

Nigel, Stella and I will pretty much always be here. MWBailey is gone and so is Titus. Aryenne and Skinner I don't know - we should at least wait for them to check in. JohnSix vanished awhile ago, but we also have Rowland now, who also hasn't been around.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #506 on: September 03, 2009, 01:23:19 am »

I really hope more people can get in, I really liked where this RP was going.
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #507 on: September 03, 2009, 04:04:21 am »

Royce Grosvenor

Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #508 on: September 03, 2009, 04:12:23 am »

Dear with rock to throw.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2009, 12:17:01 pm »

And Conlan to complete the set!

Mina
Snr. Officer

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #510 on: September 04, 2009, 01:03:24 am »

erm, i believe Kat would finish the set, for now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 03:33:48 pm by Mina » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #511 on: September 13, 2009, 01:44:46 am »

Mina! Long time no see! Care to post to revive this old thread?
Skinner
Snr. Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Captain Charlotte J. Skinner, Airship Scalleywag

« Reply #512 on: September 13, 2009, 10:15:10 pm »

-Clears throat after long silence- Hello, lads and ladies.

I have taken a hiatus off of BG recently due to enrolling for university and what not, and other nasty stresses that have made me despairingly depressed as of late.  Sad

I'd like to say I want to carry this on- I really do. But right now we've drifted so far from what I found fun about it. The Treasure! The hunting, the exploration, the adventure! All this chasing shadows of the boar and things... I just, I don't know. I've lost my interest in the direction this is all going. What happened to the lighthearted, pun-cracking swashbuckling Erol-Flynn-ness that we started off with?

I mean, doesn't anyone remember Ben's brilliant line "everyone stop being so conductive" when he electrified the train against the luddites? That had me rolling for weeks!!

So that's really why I've lost interest in this. I wish I hadn't. Essentially I haven't and I'll be alright to carry on because I love my character and most of the characters here.

Also, Aeryenne has a laptop of her own now, but she is of the same opinion.

It sounds dire, but we did think that, if we wanted to bow out of this rp that we'd bow out with a double hanging... >]

Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #513 on: September 14, 2009, 12:36:15 am »

Firstly, I'm very glad to have you back. It's been too long.

As for your opinions... I actually have to agree. However, I'm hesitant to get super dictatorial with this thread. I can understand how others do want some intrigue. I really, really want to get this going again.

The only idea I can come up with is a compromise. How about we finish off the current plotline of killing off Shamus? That will basically end the shadow boar line.

I sort of envisioned this thread as a series of adventures rather than one overall plot, which I think it's becoming. No offense to anyone's ideas or contributions.

So... how about let's kill Shamus and go from there. I'm still interesting in finding a wrecked Royal Spanish Fleet in the Hebrides.  Wink
Mina
Snr. Officer

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2009, 01:55:30 am »

I've been here the whole time, Nigel :p as for posting, i think i can manage something... comic relief? I was kind of imagining Kat stumbling in half drunk and making a mess of everything...

and on the subject of where the game is going, to be honest, it isn't so much chasing the shadows as the seemingly long breaks that's bugging me. i mean, not the people not posting all the time part (that can actually get crazy), just that there is less action going on.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:02:46 am by Mina » Logged
Skinner
Snr. Officer

« Reply #515 on: September 14, 2009, 10:09:05 pm »

and, err...

Heh...heh...

Also, Mina. If you want Kat to be drunk and start things back up that way, Skinner will join you in that.
Mina
Snr. Officer

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #516 on: September 17, 2009, 03:16:44 am »

I wasn't sure whether or not to throw in that last bit, so if anyone objects, lemme know Smiley
Skinner
Snr. Officer

« Reply #517 on: September 17, 2009, 09:57:46 am »

Skinner ICly objects but, I don't. I think it's brilliant =P

you should change the gaia avi, though.
Mina
Snr. Officer

jaimie_lee93
« Reply #518 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:07 am »

okay, here is the *new* Kat...
Skinner
Snr. Officer

« Reply #519 on: September 18, 2009, 12:30:16 am »

Loverly!
Smigg the Miserable
Snr. Officer

Too much blood in my caffeine stream...

« Reply #520 on: September 23, 2009, 09:17:26 pm »

Hello, sorry to intrude, but I just recently signed up to the forum and being somewhat starved of roleplay after the long summer break from university I was looking for a good steampunk one to join.  I noticed this one and really like the concept, so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to join in.

Thanks for your time.

When you're as brilliant as I am vanity ceases to be an issue.
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #521 on: September 24, 2009, 02:07:53 am »

The more the merrier! We've had to leave some crew so more would be great. As long as you can commit (i.e. Don't randomly disappear, at least without warning.)

Get an idea for a character and post a bio. We are coming to Hadrian Atrium next and all sorts can be found there.
Smigg the Miserable
Snr. Officer

« Reply #522 on: September 24, 2009, 02:05:21 pm »

Awesome, cheers.  Commitment shouldn't be too much of an issue, I never like to abandon a roleplay I'm in.  Here's a character bio:

Name: Drake Harrigan

Appearance: About six foot tall and broad shouldered, with short, dark brown hair and light green eyes.  He sports a wide grin most of the time, and carries an impressive collection of scars from his various escapades, which he can easily be persuaded to show off after a few drinks.  He also has a tattoo of a longsword on his right forearm.  His work as a scavenger out in the desert has left him well muscled and heavily tanned.

Nationality: British, originally a Londoner

Weapon of choice: A large, heavily build custom Colt revolver, called Bloody Mary.  He's also quite fond of explosives, and normally carries a couple of grenades around for emergencies.  Anyone gets within punching distance during a fight and he'll resort to unrefined but pretty effective brawling.  And Drake brawls dirty.

Attire: Drake wears a heavy, battered old brown leather duster with a large canvas hood stitched onto the back of the collar, and covered in large brass buckles to hold it tight if a sandstorm hits.  Beneath this are a pair of thick black trousers with lots of pockets, held up by a pair of braces over an oil-stained old vest.  He doesn't bother putting a shirt over this, partly for convenience and partly because he thinks it makes him look more rugged and exciting.  He keeps a lot of bits and pieces of equipment in pouches slung from his belt and on the bandoleer across his chest, which also holds extra ammunition and a hunting knife.  He also sports a pair of heavy black work boots with deep treads, an old pair of flying goggles, heavy black leather gauntlets with metal plates sewn in and a grimy linen scarf that was probably a pale shade of yellow at some point in its life.

Background: Drake was born in London, and raised by his father after his mother was struck down by illness only weeks after his birth.  Prior to The Event his father was a historian and museum curator, and kept Drake enthralled with his stories of the past.  After the event though his father had to resort to factory work to make enough of a living to support them both, while Drake went off to become an apprentice mechanic on the remaining London steam trains.  They never lost their love of history though, and the young Drake always dreamed of escaping London to go on grand adventures in search of forgotten treasures.  Eventually working in the factory became too much for his father, and he became weak and ill, eventually perishing when Drake was only seventeen.  After this Drake sold the small apartment he and his father shared and took off with his father's few remaining books to go and make his way in the world.  After a shaky start he managed to make a few small but successful finds, building up enough money to rent a secure warehouse in a mostly forgotten part of London's ruins, where he currently stores the few finds he refuses to part with and his 'special construction project' that he works on when he's back in London.  For the past few years he's been looking for leads on an artifact known as The Lionheart, amidst his other hunts and scavenges, and he thinks he may be getting close to something big.

That all sound okay?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:38:49 pm by Smigg the Miserable » Logged
Smigg the Miserable
Snr. Officer

« Reply #523 on: September 25, 2009, 09:11:00 am »

Actually, assuming the character's all okay and everything, since the other characters are all going after this treasure and Drake is kind of a treasure hunter, would it be alright if I brought him in while everyone's in the treasure store?

Also a couple of other questions if I may: is there anything in particular that I need to be aware of in the roleplay at the moment, and just what is the 7-7?
Vancouver Air Privateer
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #524 on: September 25, 2009, 07:41:56 pm »

Sure - he could be someone else after the same treasure.

The 7-7 is the number and nickname of the rig the crew owns.

For other things... not much at the moment that won't be tied up soon. The next stop is a mission into Scotland to take down a warlord who's existence threatens Dear. (She is the real heir to the Anglian throne and the warlord figures he can get a reward for offing her)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: