The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 12:25:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >The Smoking Room< The Lady's have a tearoom, so here's a Gentleman's Club  (Read 121297 times)
Emperor Bob
Snr. Officer
United States United States

« Reply #2325 on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:32 am »

Antifreeze is quite overrated as a beverage in my humble opinion.  Just sayin'...
RedKing89
Gunner

« Reply #2326 on: December 08, 2010, 06:12:13 pm »

aww come on a little antifreeze builds character :p
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

Bachelor of the Arts; Master of the Sciences

« Reply #2327 on: December 08, 2010, 08:12:32 pm »

Can't comment on antifreeze, I'm afraid, but when I drink this sums up what then proceeds to occur pretty well:

Dylan Moran - Monster

Persons intending to travel by open carriage should select a seat with their backs to the engine, by which means they will avoid the ashes emitted therefrom, that in travelling generally, but particularly through the tunnels, prove a great annoyance; the carriage farthest from the engine will in consequence be found the most desirable.
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

Capt of the "AO Victoria," Cdr of the Aeronauts!

« Reply #2328 on: December 09, 2010, 12:00:32 am »

Can't comment on antifreeze, I'm afraid, but when I drink this sums up what then proceeds to occur pretty well:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/url]

At first I thought he quite possibly WAS drunk during the performance...  Then I realized, "Nope, not drunk...  Irish!" and I was overcome with a strange sense of patriotism...

Eirinn, Thar Gach Ni Eile!

WARNING:  THE ABOVE MAY BE POSTED UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF PAIN MEDICATION AND/OR ALCOHOL (read: Don't blame me for bad spelling or incoherence!)

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Are you guys ready?  Okay, let's roll.
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #2329 on: December 09, 2010, 12:11:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/url]

At first I thought he quite possibly WAS drunk during the performance...  Then I realized, "Nope, not drunk...  Irish!" and I was overcome with a strange sense of patriotism...

Eirinn, Thar Gach Ni Eile!

I don't know, he could be drunk.  Certainly his character in Black Books is rarely seen without a glass of some delicious alcoholic beverage in his hand.
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

Just a head full of random thoughts

« Reply #2330 on: December 13, 2010, 04:46:11 pm »

brushing snow off his shoulders as he comes in Miles (a sailor)Martin says
 "And now for a nice mug of Jamacan  coffee, barman extra rum in that please.  28f outside right now and smowing but so far not staying,thank Thor. "   as he hangs his bridge coat in the cloak closet,then goes to the bar ,pays for the coffee and looks round to see who's on first.

Who you calling old, Sonny boy? Just because my birth certificate is on birch bark there isn't any reason to be calling names.
machinist for hire/ mechanic at large
Warning : minstrel with a five string banjo
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2331 on: December 13, 2010, 10:22:34 pm »

brushing snow off his shoulders as he comes in Miles (a sailor)Martin says
 "And now for a nice mug of Jamacan  coffee, barman extra rum in that please.  28f outside right now and smowing but so far not staying,thank Thor. "   as he hangs his bridge coat in the cloak closet,then goes to the bar ,pays for the coffee and looks round to see who's on first.

And just so you know, mate, What's on second over yon.
RedKing89
Gunner

« Reply #2332 on: December 14, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »

whats on third?
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #2333 on: December 14, 2010, 07:47:30 pm »

I've no idea what you guys are going on about, but that's not important right now.  Who's up for celebrating the conclusion of autumn term at my University?
Emperor Bob
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2334 on: December 14, 2010, 10:28:32 pm »

Hear hear!
*Raises glass
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #2335 on: December 17, 2010, 04:13:56 am »

*Downs his pint*

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Miles (a sailor)Martin
Zeppelin Admiral

Just a head full of random thoughts

« Reply #2336 on: December 18, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »

Miles slams his coffee and carries the mug back to the bar ,says "Another please" receves  it then says " To good foutune for all in the days to come and many happy returns in the new year. And by the way, it is me birthday so to all of those I have't said it to over the past year HAPPY BIRTHDAY. " he then collects mug of fresh Irish coffee. and returns to his seat.humming the tune to the Mongols Birthday song as he goes. Smiley             Miles (a sailor)Martin
James Harrison
Immortal
England England

« Reply #2337 on: December 18, 2010, 03:54:04 pm »

Oh it's snowing!  Who wants to go outside with a sledge?  Drunken sledge racing does sound terribly good fun, what?
Herr Döktor
Gadgeteer, Contraptionist, and Inventor, FVSS
Governor
Master Tinkerer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Herr Döktor, and friend.

« Reply #2338 on: December 18, 2010, 05:35:20 pm »

Oh it's snowing!  Who wants to go outside with a sledge?  Drunken sledge racing does sound terribly good fun, what?

Oh! Yes! And the alcohol in the system would allow one to stay wonderfully relaxed and detached during any accident, which is far better for the possible damage during said incident.

Stirner
Deck Hand

krwlingkaos
« Reply #2339 on: December 19, 2010, 02:41:27 am »

Sounds delightful! Has anyone seen my sleigh? and my steam rockets?

"devil is double is deuce, my dear doctor. and Joker trumps deuce."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2340 on: December 19, 2010, 05:48:54 am »

I'd rather ride on my coal shovel, thanks. I've never been able to ride very far on a sledgehammer. *rimshot*

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2341 on: December 20, 2010, 09:37:11 pm »

A capitol idea!

(confused Yankee tree dweller look) ... A Sledge is a sled, yes?

That said, I've got a fairly large hill with plenty a tree to run into.  Each collision deserves a shot of brandy, or ale, or rum, or all.  Mind the rocks though, the snow is deep, but soft enough to rack yourself up good ... requiring extra alcohol, for medicinal purposes of course.

Perhaps, after a few dozen rounds, we'll tie onto the truck and play snap the whip, eh?!

Onward ho!
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
Snr. Officer

London & Western Home Counties Steampunk Society

« Reply #2342 on: December 21, 2010, 02:35:53 am »

Sled/sledge same thing, realy. As is Sleigh, although that's usually drawn by animals.

Sled=American English
Sledge=British English

No matter how far you push the envelope, it remains stationery
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2343 on: December 21, 2010, 05:47:07 am »

Sled/sledge same thing, realy. As is Sleigh, although that's usually drawn by animals.

Sled=American English
Sledge=British English

Down here in the south we usually call 'em "Chevy Blazer Hoods."  Then there's them people from up yonder, they call 'em "toboggans," which, as everyone with a lick of sense knows, is that hat 'cha wear on yer head when it's cold out.

And I think my IQ dropped typing the above...
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2344 on: December 21, 2010, 04:15:35 pm »

This caused a bit of a storm in the UK last year:

Police go Sledging on riot shields (funny)

Lots of whingeing about them dicking about on taxpayer's money, inappropriate use of equipment and all. I say sod it... It's a bit of fun. Makes the police seem a little more approachable, at least and to be fair, Who wouldn't have done that??!
Xenos
Zeppelin Admiral
Sudan Sudan

« Reply #2345 on: December 22, 2010, 07:22:35 am »

<SNIP>
Lots of whingeing about them dicking about on taxpayer's money, inappropriate use of equipment and all. I say sod it... It's a bit of fun. Makes the police seem a little more approachable, at least and to be fair, Who wouldn't have done that??!

I say more power to 'em!  I know I'd have been right there with them, my Chevy Blazer Hood at the ready! Wink
Birdnest
Zeppelin Admiral

« Reply #2346 on: December 22, 2010, 05:50:40 pm »

<SNIP>

I say more power to 'em!  I know I'd have been right there with them, my Chevy Blazer Hood at the ready! Wink

Well then ... that explains why there are not any chevy trucks with hoods 'round here!  I knew that there was some kind of use for a chevy!   
I find the 'hood sled' a bit hard to steer when under the influence of thawing liquids.

The hill has been groomed and is ready to go ... who's got the refreshments so we can get these races started Grin

*grabs a bit of metal roof and a flask*

The-Geared-Gentlemen
Gunner

« Reply #2347 on: December 22, 2010, 06:58:44 pm »

Hmmm this seems to be the place if any to ask my question. How many of you here are amateur Mixologists and for those that are would any one like to swap various concoctions they have dreamed up? I myself love to mix drinks and see what I can come up with. Though being one’s own test subject can be rather dangerous if you are working on more than one drink. Several times I have woken up on my kitchen floor wondering what the heck the last drink I made was and if it had tasted alright, then again some of them are strong enough that taste doesn’t really matter......
Prof_Von_Grumbleflick
Snr. Officer

« Reply #2348 on: December 25, 2010, 03:06:23 am »

Aha!

I work at a nightclub. I'm a technician there, tinkering with lighting consoles and mixing desks, but one tradition that we have at the club is the "dirty pint". For Birthday people, virgins (first-timers to the club) and other special occasions, we mix up a pitcher of some particular brew and make them drink some.

More often than not, these drinks tend to congeal into some kind of cake-like slurry. Whatever goes into it varies from week to week (depending mostly on the popularity of the recipient in my own opinion. Yes, I'm a bit of a git). For instance, last week's bucket comprised 1 pint of foster's, 1 pint of guinness, 1 bottle of J20, 1 bottle of spiced tomato juice, 2 cans of "Nutrition" shake, some SMA baby formula and a little bit of Smash instant mashed potato, and 1\4 cup of instant coffee. It smelled pretty foul and didn't pour too well.

However, sometimes, I've made some that have come out absolutely gorgeous, entirely by accident. My favourite for a refreshing drink in the hot weather:

1/2pt cider. 1/2pt Cola, Dash of lime cordial. It's not a s dry as cider and not as sickeningly syrupy as cola, and tastes just like bruised apples. Quite lovely.
Stirner
Deck Hand

krwlingkaos
« Reply #2349 on: December 25, 2010, 05:23:50 am »

i would just like to take this opportunity to wish all of my fantastically fabulous fellow steampunks a very Merry Christmas and stupendous New Year!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: