The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 14, 2017, 11:11:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Princess Seraphina Tea Room for distinguised ladies  (Read 55638 times)
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« on: April 18, 2009, 12:30:34 pm »

Its about time us ladies had our own little "club", where one can discuss the trials and tribulations of being a female steampunk in the fin de siecle. Lipstick, lace, fascinators and where exactly one is supposed to hang a crossbow where wearing nothing but a corset and bloomers.

The jovial name of the club automatically allows membership to those who may not be of a biologically female nature, of course Wink

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:34:38 pm »

At last a place to loosen the stays and let down the petticoats, Hurrah!

"If you are cold,Tea will warm you.
If you are too heated,It will cool you.
If you are depressed,It will cheer you.
If you are excited,It will calm you." Gladstone.
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord
United States United States

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:48:53 pm »

Quick someone mention some unspeakable female body thing to keep the men out!

darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 12:52:06 pm »

Haha, dare I?
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:52:54 pm »

menstruation... the word alone should keep them far away for at least this page.

stockton_joans
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 12:53:04 pm »

if you Lady's want to segregate yourself from us men folk, feel free, but don't come running to us when you need a jar opening or a mouse disposing off.

*ducks and waits for the inevitable handbag beating*

Stockton Joans:
Gentleman
Tinkerer
Part time Illithid hunter
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 12:54:06 pm »

I don't need a man to dispose of a mouse! *cocks crossbow*
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 12:54:31 pm »

hmmmm... i use to be dispatched like some sort of pest control unit as a child to round up mince,rat,spider,and birds... picked them up bar handed i did... and put them out side. and a large spoon tapped liberally around the top of a jar will pop the seal every time Wink
stockton_joans
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 12:55:17 pm »

bloody feminists Tongue
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 12:57:01 pm »

if you Lady's want to segregate yourself from us men folk, feel free, but don't come running to us when you need a jar opening or a mouse disposing off.

*ducks and waits for the inevitable handbag beating*

You better HOPE I don't beat you with my handbag, it's made entirely of wood and metal.
jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 12:58:13 pm »

ok how about this
Endometrial ablation is a surgical procedure that is offered to women who suffer from very heavy bleeding. Often this bleeding can be prolonged and lead to anaemia and be such a hindrance that it begins to interfere with every day life.

How Does The Procedure Work?
An endometrial ablation works by destroying the lining of the womb which in turn prevents bleeding.

The procedure can be carried out in a number of ways: it may require the use of a diathermy electrode which passes an electrical current to the tissue; the surgeon might prefer to use a loop shaped electrode that scrapes the lining away whilst passing the electrical current; a laser may be used; microwave technology can be employed in which microwaves are passed through the tissue to a certain depth or fluid can be used to fill the uterine cavity which is then heated to a certain temperature that seals the blood vessels that supply the endometrium (the lining of the womb). The type of technique can vary upon hospital, the surgeons preference, training issues or available equipment.

They all work in a similar way and can all be effective. It is not recommended for use in the presence of fibroid growths, which may require a separate treatment and possible removal; nor is it recommended for those who are planning to become pregnant in the future.

jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 12:59:50 pm »

will that sufice do you think  sisters dear
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 01:00:01 pm »

Haha, who said New Woman was a fad...... Grin
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 01:04:42 pm »

*dons dress*  tea anyone ?

I am a freak in control not a control freak
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 01:06:46 pm »

Oh, you look delightful Sam.....antha..... Undecided lol.....
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:11 pm »

ha! damned straight im a feminist! me mum was even a bona fied bra burner in the 60's and 70's...funny thing... i own one pair of pants...and they are for yoga Tongue

and yes sister dear, i think that shall do nicely...
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 02:28:17 pm »

Hello ladies, What does one keep in ones steampunk hand bag?Huh discuss.

I for one keep lippy, hankie, perfume, smelling salts, chocolate, lubricant ( to oil the majors cogs) hip flask (to also oil the majors cogs), and small coin purse. Yours Lady Elsie
jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 02:49:57 pm »

Hello ladies, What does one keep in ones steampunk hand bag?Huh discuss.

I for one keep lippy, hankie, perfume, smelling salts, chocolate, lubricant ( to oil the majors cogs) hip flask (to also oil the majors cogs), and small coin purse. Yours Lady Elsie
okay here is my list
diary
sketching pencils and pens
sketch pad
a pen
journal
address book
mobile phone
wallet
hairbrush
lipstick
compact
eyeshadow and blusher kit
buttermilk hand and body lotion
a cork screw
nail file
perfume
USB memory stickx 2
keys
chinese take away menu
mini first aid kit
emergency ladies things ( just in case)

until a couple of days a go i also had spare stockings in my bag in case of getting a ladder run, but as the weather is slightly warmer i have forgone the stockings for bare legs, and i normaly have a screw driver or something similar rolling about in the bottom, but i had a bit of a clear out and for got to put them back. as you can see i dont really do small bags.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:08:49 pm by jarmara » Logged
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 02:52:08 pm »

Well, being a mesmerist as a day job, a bartender as a night job and a jewelry restorer, my purse currently contains:

Lip balm, needle nose pliers, a vial of lodestone, several pens, a lighter, a pendulum, smelling salts, two different bottle openers, my money purse, medical supplies, keys, phone, ipod, a pair of black silk gloves, my goggles case (I always wear them), a lace hankie, my bar rag and a copy of Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Usually I have small random bits I found as well, yesterday I found a gold and enamel pair of cherries charm on the pavement....
jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 04:17:44 pm »

I find as I am getting older I have fewer trousers in my wardrobe, and the length of my skirts are getting longer,  and I was just wondering Sisters dear if this was a normal occurance or not?  whilst I dwell on this I shall draw fresh water and make a fresh brew, Slice of Battenberg anyone?
jarmara
Snr. Officer
England England

Tea anyone?

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 04:55:04 pm »

I am so sorry to bother you again Dear Ladies but  I have been, for a while thinking of writing a short steampunk romance. Would you please give me your honest thoughts on wether it is worth me continuing further it has no working title at he moment

As she lay on the day bed the sun caressed her , it was warm and sensual  the feel of its touch upon her skin awakened feelings that had long been buried, buried so long that she had thought they no longer existed, Its funny how new surroundings can bring back to life things from the past she mused she remembered there first meeting so business like, correct and cold and laughed to her self funny how first impressions can be so wrong she thought as she remembered the first time they made love it happened so fast one minuet they were drinking tea and the next  well  what did it matter now  ,He left me with empty promises and went of on a fantastic adventure in his airship.
  It didn't take long for her family to realise she was with child a child out of wed lock the discrace of it all, His family paid her of well an now on this tiny Caribbean island that they dumped her on she plotted her revenge
ladyelsie
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 05:47:09 pm »

Jarmara, More please. yours Lady Elsie.
Countessa Lenora
Zeppelin Captain
Canada Canada

CountessaLenora
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 10:09:26 pm »

Hello dear Ladies, Countessa Lenora here, so glad to see the women have their own delicious club to relax the stays and perhaps sip a small amount of absinthe?  I would love to join you if I may.

Proud to be a Canadian Steampunk
Kaljaia
Snr. Officer

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 10:30:12 pm »

Oh yay, tea! I have some home-dried loose leaf mint about somewhere...
And I have brought flowers. Fresh wild roses, pink and white fruit blossoms, and red currant from our garden. The early plants are braving the chill of spring!

Despite the flowers I am feeling unfeminine at the moment- I carry no purse- but my billfold is stamped leather and doubles as a rolled newspaper for misbehaving puppies/boys.

I also have unmentionable stories to terrify any wandering male, both the usual variety and a few more, um, unusual ones.

Every good "Why" deserves a "Why Not?"
Violet Rose
Snr. Officer

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 10:52:11 pm »

Good evening ladies, I am gagging for a cup of earl grey and if anyone has any ratafia biscuits I would be eternally grateful.

I am sure that many of you are fans of the corset but may I take this opportunity to read you a quotation from one of my many pamphlets, written by no less an authority than Dr Parkes

"The clothes should be loose, so as not to impede muscular movement, and in the case of young girls nothing should be done to support the spine by stays or other contrivances. To make a girl tightly brace herself with stays is a great mistake. Her ribs should have the fullest play, and her clothes should be as loose as those of a boy, and for the same reason, viz., that every muscle may have unrestricted play, and that the lungs may expand without impediment. For both sexes girdles and belts, which especially bind the lower ribs, should be avoided"

I'm in Darkshines sewing swap!

Declaring war on mediocrity and a pox on the foot soldiers of stupidity
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: