The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 04:29:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEAM LONDON: Realms of Aether Game Thread  (Read 110734 times)
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler
United States United States

Looking for a few good lobsters.

« Reply #2125 on: July 07, 2009, 01:18:58 am »

A voice cracked over the wireless.  "Will the Boheme please land quickly on the main lab docks? The hell galleon armada will soon brake free of our control and we can no longer keep you safe."

"That is the other me. What on earth is she up too?" Emma was baffled.

"Maybe she thinks we have no chance of hurting her or maybe it is a trap. Or it could be just like the monkey's brother was saying and she has gone around the bend  Either way we have a clear shot right in to their base and I think we should take it."  George had decided that his first stop after this was going to get clothes.  He had an unhealthy breeze around his nether region. 

"All right here we go."  Emma's wasn't sure this was a good idea.

"You are inviting them in! They will kill us all. What are you thinking?"  Black was completely bamboozled.

"Not with her leading they won't.  Now come sit with us I don't want to remember you angry like this."  Emma had gone mad that was the only way this could have been happening. 

The dock was abandoned, the cooling of the Star's engine was the only sound. Emma rallied her troops.  "This is it every one. I don't want any killing unless it is entirely necessary and I am the one to take out the other me.  Lets get a move on before she changes her mind."

I have a picture blog thinger now
http://stella-gaslight.tumblr.com/

Look for me on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGaslight
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2126 on: July 07, 2009, 02:16:54 am »

Cain and Brian lead the way behind Emma, Patrick and Jen stayed at the rear, their children kept in the safety of the baby buggy, though after a few modifications by Patrick during the journey it was more like an armored tank with a mobile hanging from the celing.

Sigmund appeared by Helena's side, leaving a trail of golden flame.
"Apathy's powers are weak. The Aether daemons ahve left him, but now he is desperate, I fear he may be following you. You must not let him harm George or Emma!"
His voice was tinged with urgency as he ran ahead of them, waving his hand and pushing doors open to clear them a path. Within moments they arrived to the site of Gray Emma and her husband. Cordelia was nestled in her mother's arms.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2127 on: July 07, 2009, 02:50:26 am »

Gray Emma gave her daughter a kiss and placed her in her father's arms and gave him a kiss. "Hello and welcome to the end of the world. Well for the cold ones at least."

"So you have gone mad."  Emma said shaking her head

"No I used to be mad before my dear Cordelia freed me from the Queen's influence.  I knew I could not live in a world where she ruled after that so I set out to change it.  I tried for years to challenge her but I couldn't. I thought I was doomed until the raid on Mr Tailor showed me there was a way.  I have been with you every step learning and listening through the locket.  I built a gate that will suck every cold one on this planet in to the center of the sun.  Now we will throw off the mantle of oppression and live as free people."

Emma glared at her counterpart.  "And let me guess you will rule this new world."  She said with a cynicism that made George proud.

"No I am going to be dead long before that in fact I only have about..." She checked a golden pocket watch.  "Six or Seven minutes left give or take a few."  Gray Emma smiled like she was commenting on the weather. Black looked shocked and Cordelia sobbed head against his chest.  "Cordelia will rule I have been training her for the job for years. I think she will make an excellent ruler provided the mob outside doesn't destroy her.  In fact I was hoping I could get you all to look after her until things settle down a bit.  I was going to ask Mr O'Landrey that after I patched him up but you all took him before I could."

Cordelia sobbed.  "Mama No don't go!"  She ran in to her mothers arms.

"Don't cry my angel. This is just my time.  I want to clean some of the blood of the legacy I am giving you.  So may I have your help to keep her safe?" Gray Emma looked out at the confused faces before her.

"I..." Emma was utterly speechless.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2128 on: July 07, 2009, 03:12:10 am »

Brian stood foreward, Shai at his side.
"We...We will do our best." Shai said dutifully, "I will treat her as if she were my sister."

Apathy appeared behind her.
"Worry not, Cordelia....you will not suffer at seeing your mother kill herself. I will do the act for her.
Apathy's hand shifted and altered. becoming a long, winding point. It wound up, prepared to drive its point deep into her heart to end her intervening.
"The creator will come soon. The creator must witness a world of pure evil! Evistance is sick and like an infected leg, it must be ampuitated!"

Cain felt a terrible shudder crawl up his back, something was coming, something great, powerful, and nigh inconceivable in scope or ability.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

"This is the sort of thing no-one ever believes"

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2129 on: July 07, 2009, 03:28:05 am »

Dreyfuss and the rest of the crew of teh St. Elmo were stunned. They had destroyed over half the hell galleon fleet, but not a one had tried to fight back. Dreyfuss suddenly issued the order to cease fire, as three more hell galleons disintegrated as their own magazines exploded.

"I dont like this," Mina said, standing on the bridge beside Jock and Dreyfuss, "it's as if they're offering their throats for us to slit!"
"Jock," Dreyfuss said,  put us in slow reverse, back off about a mile, and the turn slowly and head for the lab docks. I have a very bad feeling about not seeing the Eastern Star here."

Even more unnerving than downing unresisting hell galleons, the hell galleons just sat there, like docile cattle, as the Saint Elmo moved off to the Labs, and set down just across teh dock from the Eastern Star; they were so close together that the gunners on the Obs deck of the Elmo could have thrown rocks and hit the Obs deck of the Star.dreyfuss, Myers, and Sqad A of the Air rangers diembarked from the St. Elmo, and proceeded  toward the main lab at a double-time trot.

the dock and the halls ringing with the heavy staccato sound of their hobnail boots.the building shook once or twice as the rebel artillery, still firing, struck a target close by. Dreyfuss was the first through the doors and saw Apathy about to strike, and judging by the other reactions and what he though the fellow said, he decided that Apathy's intent could not be allowed to be realized. still trotting in to the room, he drew and fired the Paterson three times, spinning apathy around from the impacts, and drew his sword, ready to face death itself.

Myers, the corporal, and the four squadmembers deployed around teh room, their carbines trained on  Coerdelia, Gray Emma and Captain Black.

"Somebody like to tell me what's going on in here, and why sixty-three hell galleons just gave up and let themselve sbe destroyed without a fight?" Dreyfuss asked.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:42:28 am by MWBailey » Logged

Walk softly and carry a big banjo...

""quid statis aspicientes in infernum"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2130 on: July 07, 2009, 03:39:11 am »

Apathy stumbled backward, grabbing gray Emma and holding the blade to her throat.
"You will not attempt to activate the device. Any activations will lead to her immediate death, followed by the death of her heir."
A ring of purple flame surrounded cordelia like a burning Cage.

Sigmund desperately wanted to step foreward, but alas he could not put human lives at risk. As far as he was concerned, Cordelia and Gray Emma were just as human as he though he was once.
"Do not harm them, Apathy.  What happened to the voice of logic?"

Apathy's abscence of eyes narrowed.
"Logic has become far too impartial. I have decided to become less neutral in my cause."
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2131 on: July 07, 2009, 03:46:04 am »

Emma and George caught each others eyes and smiled. Emma shot Apathy in the head at near point blank range while George snatched Gray Emma from him.  "I won't let you kill her.  She deserves a shot at redemption and you are the sick one." 

Angel burst out singing a creation song she couldn't help it.  It just welled up inside her until she could no longer hold back. It soon spread to Cordelia and Shai.  They could all feel it inside of them.  Helena started to glow with symbols while Emma's throat lit up like a lantern the white fire inside of them was reacting to the coming presence.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2132 on: July 07, 2009, 03:52:39 am »

Dreyfuss flamed over, and his wings poked out and unfolded; runes and sigils known and unknown to man appeared on his chest and limbs, and the pistol disappeared and in its place, the flaming sword filled his hand. the air rangers lowered their carbines and stood at attention, Myers following suit almost comically
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2133 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:09 am »

"You...you SHOT ME!"
Apathy began to twist and form and shape into something that it certainly wasn't supposed to be. Emotions of rage and hate hit it like a torrent, The robe was ripped away, revealing a monsterous form, a being of purple light in a hideous shape of man and beast.
"DIE!!!" Apathy shreiked, charging at gray Emma.
George felt a strange feeling in his chest. The tiny peice of him that had been in gray london seemed to know exactly what to do...He broke off from the group and ran.
Sigmund lept into the side of Apathy, his form of flesh seemed to gradually gain more and more wounds as he remained in contact with the hideous beast of fire.
"Helena!" He cried out, throwing Apathy into the floor.
"If you all die, and these universes all are erased...I swear I'll hold your hand and guide you to the beyond!"
He tackled the beast, locked in mortal combat with a fallen demigod. Long cuts and gashes crossed his face and arms, revealing a golden glow beneath his skin.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2134 on: July 07, 2009, 04:08:53 am »

Dreyfuss thought "Fire? I'm mostly fire, at least for the moment, and Sigmund looks like he might need help. He moved  forward to support George in whatever he was planning to do, sword of flames held at the ready.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2135 on: July 07, 2009, 04:21:14 am »

"I have to open the floor the weapon is primed and redy but she didn't get a chance to throw the switch."  George raced down to the lab.

Gray Emma figured out what he was doing and charged Apathy herself. She was only a tiny annoyance but it prompted the others to join in. "I won't let you take Cordelia's future away." she screamed. She was tossed back against the wall as the beast roared. Helena took her aether charged sword and struck at the beast hurting her Sigmund.  Emma pulled Black away and tried to free Cordelia as the floor beside them opened up.

From below a column of pure white light speared the sky. Gray Emma started to cry and walked over to her husband and child. The purple cage vanished at her touch. "I am sorry to leave you like this but know that I love both of you forever.  Try not to cry too much and remember to look out for one another.  Goodbye my dears I will be in your hearts even after I am gone."  She was pulled in to the light and burned away to nothing.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2136 on: July 07, 2009, 04:36:34 am »

Dreeyfuss plunged teh Sword of flames into the beast's heart, and then raised the sword, and brought it down on the writhing neck of the monstrosity, making a great gash in th eneck, but not severing the hed. HE struck again, and again, but was finally thrown clear by the beast'[s head smashing into his chest and hurling him across the Lab to smash partway into the wall, and hang there until the spots went away from his eyes. Then, he pulled himself loose, and waded in again... and found himself facing Black.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:52:16 am by MWBailey » Logged
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2137 on: July 07, 2009, 05:17:01 am »

"NOO!" Black roared.
Gray Patrick screamed, clawing the air as he was pulled into the white light. The unfeeling construct of Jen stared up at him as he was pulled into the white beam. The humanoid machine stared blankly for a moment before running into the beam after him, melting alongside him, cluthcing his hand as they vanished together into the white light.
Apathy stared at the white beam as black shapes were pulled into the beam.
"NO NO NO! THIS CANNOT HAPPEN!!!" Apathy fell to his knees, clawing into the earth.
"DAMN YOU ALL!!!" As apathy screamed, all of time froze. The world blackened around them. When Sigmund opened his eyes he was standing beside his brother. A figure of indescribable size, appearance, and scope stood before them.
My child, Logic you have failed your attempt to finda world of total evil.
Suddenly, the once impartial form began to laugh madly.
"HAH!" He tuned to sigmund, pointing his claw at him. "You failed as well! You could never find a world of absolute good!"
True, but my son Humanity...Or shall I say Sigmund learned from this experience. What have you learned?
"Well..." Sigmund felt his body slowly take its true form, a being of gold fire. "I learned that even if evil exists within a world, so long as there is life, there will always be a force of good to combat it. The construct villaige, the rebels of Gray london, The Aether league of my...Helena's world. The allied forces who combated the Axis assisted by the cold ones.  No matter how much evil there is in any sentient world, there will always be those who battle the injustice. So I suppose....One must never truely give up on humanity."
The indescribable figure gave what one might call a smile.
My son, you have learned much. As a reward, you may live a life of a human on earth. When your Helena dies, you may hold her hand and lead her to paradise as you promised. As for you, Apathy...A punishment is needed. I banish you from this plane into the wild Aethers, you will learn to live amid the Aether Daemons. You have taken on their form and mannerisms. One will hope they show you the benevolence I have.
The world slowly returned, Apathy had vanished from the scene, leaving behind a terribly confused Sigmund.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2138 on: July 07, 2009, 05:33:26 am »

Angel was so happy it felt like her heart would burst with joy.  She held Cain's hand basking in the love she felt. "That was a very good person Cain.  It was special that we got to be near." 

Helena pounced on Sigmund. "I thought you were gone."

Emma felt a wave of calm and knew somewhere out there the other her was happy.  Cordelia walked over to her silent and confused and took her hand.  Emma looked down at her and smiled. "I know I am not your Mama But I would like to take care of you."

"You let her die!" Black screamed and it was a sound like a wounded beast.  He charged Dreyfuss blind and nearly stumbling in his grief.
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2139 on: July 07, 2009, 05:41:13 am »

"Captain Hieronymous Black!"Dreyfuss shouted, "Stand Down! You are not the Captain Black who downed my first command and left me alive, so i am inclined to let you --!" he ducked a slash from Black's sword, "to live unscathed if you will have it so!"he skittered back, then, bringing his own sword, as yet unsheathed, in to the ready position. "Will you Stand Down, Captain Black?"
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2140 on: July 07, 2009, 05:52:20 am »

"You helped her!" Black swung wildly taping Dreyfuss' shoulder but not doing any real damage.  He was crying now and he sounded hurt and lost. 

"Papa Stop!" Cordelia said not understanding why this was happening.
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2141 on: July 07, 2009, 05:54:50 am »

"You know...For a while I thought I was..." Sigmund sat up, Kissing Helena deeply. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body against his. His skin's familiar coolness mingling with her warmth.
"I love you." He crooned, laying his chin against her shoulder.

Brian approached cordelia, Shai by his side.
"I am afraid we are at your mercy, your highness." Brian kneeled to Cordelia, Shai kneeled beside him, the two looked up to her, awating her "Verdict".
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2142 on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:28 am »

"I love you too. Don't ever scare me like that again." Helena swatted his shoulder.

"I am not going to hurt you." Cordelia sighed "Please get up off the floor and stop my Papa before he gets himself killed."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2143 on: July 07, 2009, 06:16:32 am »

"Captain, Cordelia was named her mother's successor by your Emma herslf!" Dreyfuss fought to reason with the Captain, even as a part of him raged to find his heart with the sword blade and feel his lifeblood rundown and over his(dreyfuss') hands...

Cordelia needs a Champion, Captain! I do not doubt your valour or your ability, but I'm not sure of your sanity just now. Please, stand down! Do not force me to humiliate or to kill you before your very family!
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2144 on: July 07, 2009, 06:26:01 am »

The sword fell from Black's hands and he crumpled.  "My Emmaline." He said mournfully. 

Cordelia ran to his side.  "Don't cry Papa you still have me.  I will always be with you."  She looked up at Dreyfuss.  "He didn't mean those things he said he just loved my mama very much."
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2145 on: July 07, 2009, 06:49:27 am »

"I know, Lady Cordelia. I have felt that way myself, recently." He fought to keep his composure, but the wounds were still too fresh, and he nearly sagged with grief of his own. It didnt really show very much at all, but those who knew him well saw the change, and the signs of the inner battle to stay resolute.

Dreyfuss finally remembered his sword, and he sheathed it, and told Myers, "Leftenant, take the Squad and return to the St. Elmo, and report to Chief Engineer Lough-Malley with my Compliments, and tell him we may be leaving for home soon -- but to also be ready to stay, in case we and/or our ship are needed. You are dismissed."
"Aye, Sir!" Myers snapped a salute that would have chopped a guava fruit with one chop, about-faced, and ordered the squad to march. Their footsteps faded down the hall as they left the building. He turned back to Cordelia and asked if there was any service he could perform for her.
"I suppose I should call you 'your majesty,' now that you are the ruler here, Lady Cordelia."  Dreyfuss said.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2146 on: July 07, 2009, 07:19:32 am »

"I don't need any fancy names. What I could use is someone to tell the people outside to stop fighting and maybe bring the leaders in here so we can start rebuilding.  There is a lot of work to do to make this a place to be proud of."  She turned back to her father. "Papa I need you to get up and help protect me.  Those people outside don't know the truth about what Mama did and they are going to be angry at us."   

"I won't let anyone hurt my little girl or badmouth my Emma." Her papa was finally calming down and able to see through his grief
MWBailey
Rogue Ætherlord

rtafStElmo
« Reply #2147 on: July 07, 2009, 07:41:26 am »

"Brian, Shai, the people of this London don't know me from Adam. They do know you two.We need to go out and get the people to stop trying to kill each other, and send their leaders and delegates in here to begin hammering out a plan to rebuild London and recover from the war and hurt and bloodshed.What do you say?"
Nigel Wetherby
Zeppelin Admiral

Knowledge eternal!

« Reply #2148 on: July 07, 2009, 02:30:28 pm »

Brian and Shai looked to eachother, a smile crossing their faces. The two were honored to be chosen to end this war which took heavy tolls upon both sides. The two headed up the stairs into the balcony.
The double doors burst open, and Shai began to sing. The battle slowed until finally bullets seemed to stop in mid air, swords stopped in their paths and every pair of eyes looked up. Aether leaugers looked up to the two that they had feared were dead.
"Hear me, Aether League and listen well slaves to the cold ones! Look to the skies!"
A column of white light pulled in swathes of cold ones, black shapes flailed and screamed as they were sent careeninginto the beam, hurling skyward.
"The war is over! Long live Queen Cordelia! And Knowledge eternal!"
The rebels collectively lay down their weapons, throwing their hands into the air and cheering as their opressors were dragged into the sky.
Stella Gaslight
Governor
Time Traveler

« Reply #2149 on: July 07, 2009, 03:17:48 pm »

Angel had been watching the other her and decided that Cordelia was a good person. "She is gonna have a happily ever after now right?" She asked Cain.

Cordelia was already working on what happens next.  "Brian, Shai bio labs seven through twelve need to be made in to a hospital for combatants.  It doesn't matter what side they were on we will treat them, we need every person we can get right now.  Papa I want you to open the kitchens everyone needs to eat and I know you can keep them in line."

"Queen Cordelia the Aether League in my world may be able to help, we have an emergency response branch that usually comes in after disasters that I could call on." Emma smiled if she ever had a little girl she hoped it would grow up like this one.

"That would be lovely, thanks." She felt odd speaking to her mother's doppelganger.

Emma kissed George and smiled. "So you want to help me rebuild a world?"

He laughed.  "Sure after all I don't have anything else on my schedule right now."       
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: