The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 24, 2017, 01:29:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the Clocktower  (Read 92717 times)
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #1600 on: October 11, 2009, 08:06:10 pm »

In this case, because I drank it.

In smoggiest day, in sooted night
no ignorance shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship ignorance's might,
beware my power... Brass Goggles light!
Athena
« Reply #1601 on: October 12, 2009, 04:15:09 pm »

I still have plenty at my house left over from Saturday night. That was interesting. *grabs rotgut*

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my corner.
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #1602 on: October 20, 2009, 05:00:32 am »

Mmm... a lot less custom since they moved us to the hinterlands.

A nice cup of hot choccy, then I'm to bed.

'Ta!

Chas.

Captain Sir Charles A. Lyerly, O.B.T.
Soldier of Fortune and Gentleman Adventurer
wire: captain_lyerly, at wire office "Yahoo dot Qom"

"You'd think he'd learn."
"Heh! De best minions neffer do!"
darkshines
Rogue Ætherlord
Wales Wales

Miss Katonic 1898

« Reply #1603 on: October 20, 2009, 10:38:04 pm »

*sips a Horlicks*

I'm so glad the pub is back! Earlier today I tried to get a simple bottle of water from the automated beverage dispensor bot downstairs, but upon putting in my penny, I found out there was no water left, only carbonated pop! I couldn't get my penny back, so had to give in and buy some of this "soda". I'm jolly well not happy about it though.

Every time you say "cog" when you mean "gear" or "sprocket", Cthulu kills a kitten. 

www.etsy.com/shop/celticroseart
Engineer
Zeppelin Captain
United Kingdom United Kingdom

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #1604 on: October 20, 2009, 11:03:13 pm »

I've not been in here for a while. Fortunately I found the pub after its move - its a good thing no one changed th pub name during the move (but I guess that does at least prove its not owned by Wetherspoons).

Stil no rum on the shelf though. Maybe I'll just have to pop round to Athena's palce to see if she has any left.

I the meantime I'll have a large calvados please barkeep.
Athena
« Reply #1605 on: October 20, 2009, 11:21:58 pm »

No...no rum left...s'all gone....*hic*

The mice drank it all. *hic*

*slumps on bar* *hic*
Bonny Gallows
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #1606 on: October 21, 2009, 08:45:07 am »

I have a few bottles of scotch I'd be willing to share, were anyone interested...
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #1607 on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:54 am »

Afternoon all (well close enough) a pint of absynth with an ambulence chaser please

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre
Kittybriton
Zeppelin Captain

Steampunk: absinthe-minded professors!

« Reply #1608 on: October 21, 2009, 02:08:20 pm »

Would I be drummed out of the Clocktower and have the drip trays emptied over me if I admitted that I found his portrayal of the thoroughly unscrupulous and unloveable Dean Corso rather tasty (The Ninth Gate)?

(Not to mention that the music is wonderfully creepy and funereal)

Join me in exploring the music of time!
(http://kittybriton.multiply.com/journal
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1609 on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:07 pm »

Of course, Lord Wraste.
*pours a healthy amount of 25-year-old scotch into each snifter*
Cheers.
After the day I've had, I could use some civil conversation and a nice drink.
Kittybriton
Zeppelin Captain

Steampunk: absinthe-minded professors!

« Reply #1610 on: October 21, 2009, 10:46:06 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I apologize for my earlier outburst. I must confess that I had thoroughly irrigated my cerebrum with Rose Sélavy's excellent gin before mistaking the back door here for the entrance to the powder room (non-smoking) at Miss Sélavy's establishment.

Oh the shame! Embarrassed
Engineer
Zeppelin Captain

The League of Bournemouth Steampunks

« Reply #1611 on: October 21, 2009, 11:04:32 pm »

I say barkeep, I see you have restocked in rums of appropriate quality.

With today being the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, I think its my turn to buy a round.

A tot of rum (preferably Mount Gay Extra Old), if you please, for anyone who will join me in a toast to the Immortal Memory of Admiral Lord Nelson. Huzzah!!!

Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1612 on: October 22, 2009, 12:23:28 am »

Well, Lord Wraste, I am beginning to wonder if there is simply something about my person that begs strangers to seek me out in order to pick an argument with me. I don't think I look particularly combative, and when someone expresses a difference of opinion with me I of course accept their right to that opinion in the most gracious way possible. However, these people seem to take particular pleasure in attempting to trap me into a debate, going so far as to even follow me down the street when I end the conversation and walk away, still arguing their point. It is simply more than I could bear today.
*takes another lovingly lingering sip from her snifter*
Ah, that's better...
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1613 on: October 22, 2009, 12:50:21 am »

Thank you, Gabriel, I think I will. You may call me Bonny.
They begin innocently enough, with a casual conversation struck up at a shop or some such place over a shared appreciation of one thing or another, or occasionally from curiosity on one person displaying a preference unusual to the other. It is understandable enough for someone to wonder what would lead me to give up meat, for example, but as soon as some opinion of mine is discovered to differ with theirs, their natural curiosity drives them to inquire as to how my opinion was formed, which is understandable enough. I am an anthropologist, I certainly understand wanting to know why people do the things they do. However, once I give my reasons, they begin to deconstruct them and start attempting to show me the error of my ways. I don't particularly like this, as my decisions about my lifestyle are based on a lifetime's worth of education, experience, and self-reflection, and I generally politely excuse myself from the conversation. Unfortunately not everyone is willing to let me go on my merry way and insist on "converting" me to their side, whether the subject at hand be a dietary choice, a political belief, or even something as simple as literary genre preference. I don't particularly care what others choose to read, but please allow me to read(or eat or vote for) what I like in peace.
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1614 on: October 22, 2009, 01:43:47 am »

Well, I am considering in indulging in a culinary excess, perhaps something with lots of cheese....or maybe something chocolate.
Athena
« Reply #1615 on: October 22, 2009, 02:25:49 am »

I am drinking....*looking at label*......Mike's Hard Punch. There went sleeping.  Tongue

Honestly, I tried to go to sleep, and with all the junk I had to do today you'd think I'd be tired right? Wrong.  Undecided
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1616 on: October 22, 2009, 03:49:59 am »

Probably just eating it straight, I'm too tired to make anything. I made jalapeno poppers yesterday, and roasted some garlic, so I'm covered on the savory side.
OswaldBastable
Zeppelin Admiral

Not in front of the men..................

« Reply #1617 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:48 am »

I say barkeep, I see you have restocked in rums of appropriate quality.

With today being the anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, I think its my turn to buy a round.

A tot of rum (preferably Mount Gay Extra Old), if you please, for anyone who will join me in a toast to the Immortal Memory of Admiral Lord Nelson. Huzzah!!!

To Lord Nelson, HUZZAH!
*Raises glass*

Huzzah indeed gentlemen!
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1618 on: October 23, 2009, 04:14:07 am »

Chocolate-dipped roasted garlic cloves? That might be too adventurous for me, and I've have fermented camel's milk!
Athena
« Reply #1619 on: October 23, 2009, 04:18:08 am »

What happened....everyone disappeared....*looking around* Oh well.

Chocolate dipped garlic cloves? That might be a little much. Now hot peppers in chocolate, or even lavender, that's good. I just got the weirdest craving for chocolate covered blueberries.

I'll settle for raspberry vodka instead. Barkeep!!!!! A shot, and keep 'em comin'.
Athena
« Reply #1620 on: October 23, 2009, 04:49:26 am »

Woohoo sausages! And pretzels.  Grin

The kind people who catered an event today brought us food.

Cookies. Lots of cookies.  Cheesy
helios
Zeppelin Overlord
New Zealand New Zealand

Probably not Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

eliasvonhelios
« Reply #1621 on: October 23, 2009, 06:30:07 am »

Yes! Pretzels!

*Noms like a mad beast*
Bonny Gallows
Gunner

« Reply #1622 on: October 25, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »

There is nothing new or all that exciting in my world of late, unfortunately. I'm going through one of those periods in which life seems to stagnate. I do hope it won't last too much longer, but if it does, I shall be here with fine scotch, waiting it out.
Captain Lyerly
Zeppelin Overlord
Ukraine Ukraine

At the helm of the Frumious Bandersnatch

« Reply #1623 on: October 28, 2009, 11:11:54 pm »

Gah.  What a day.  Some people seem to think that simply by flipping a turn indicator lever, either a space in the next lane will be magically opened for them, or they have the right to force a way into a space that is too small.

Three separate assaults on my vehicle, averted by judicious application of brakes, horn, and gestures.  Good job for them my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator was in shop for repairs...

grrrrrr.

Lamb's Navy Rum, neat.  In memory of The Admiral.

Cheers!

Chas.

Sir A Poiselamppe
Zeppelin Overlord

Inventor of the Homing Battenburgram

« Reply #1624 on: November 02, 2009, 06:14:18 pm »

Ah! relocated the Bar again.... seemed to have moved of late, still... Barkeep somthing with cloves and honey in to assuage the toothache....

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: