The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 17, 2017, 07:10:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I broke my pocket watch!  (Read 1715 times)
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Ragamuffin and cad

« on: January 18, 2009, 04:45:59 pm »

actually the watch part is ok, what happened was i took my watch from my pocket the other night and i thought i was placing it back in my pocket, welp i missed and as it fell to the chains end the ring on the top(has the winder in the middle of it) it snapped right off! now i have no way to attach it to my watch chain! how can i fix it? my poor watch Sad if pictures are needed let me know.

rogue_designer
Zeppelin Admiral

clockwork gypsy

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 04:52:47 pm »

You've broken the Bow. On most watches this is an inexpensive and easily done repair. Any watchsmith can order you a new one in just about any style you'd like for a few dollars (as a rule)

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
(Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes. But deserve a nice glass of absinthe. I have some Montemarte in the cabinet, if you wish.)
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 04:56:27 pm »

oh thank god! i have no idea how to fix it my self. my jewelry making skills are mediocre at best! now heres hoping i can find a watchsmith near me. thank you!
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 05:33:29 pm »

The bow (as Messr Rogue hsa said) is an easy fix, and cheap.. You really do need a pair of bow pliers to make the job easy, but bows are acvailable in a great variety of styles and sizes.
Here's the Ofrei page of fancy bows, as an example..

http://www.ofrei.com/page293.html

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 07:12:17 am »

thank you! i was so frightened i had screwed it up for good. it was an Easter gift from my husband too! vintage and every thing. windup too. i cant wear a battery operated watch, i kill them within a week Sad those are lovely HAC, do you think i could order one and just take it to a jewelry for them to replace it?
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 09:36:51 am »

Too bad my xmess package never reached you, that would not have happened. :-(

I just got more parts in so I can now make you another... but will you have a watch to use it with?

Lady Lavinea Dreadful
Zeppelin Admiral

Ragamuffin and cad

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:54:05 am »

the watch its self is fine. only the little loop on top is missing. but i am ordering me a replacement this friday Smiley so yeah all will be well in a week or so Smiley
lilibat
Rogue Ætherlord

gamer geek goth girl

lilibat
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:58:11 am »

the watch its self is fine. only the little loop on top is missing. but i am ordering me a replacement this friday Smiley so yeah all will be well in a week or so Smiley

I will try and get it made and in the mail this week if I have time. Otherwise I will do it next week as the Edwardian Ball is this coming weekend plus I need to get a custom order out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: