The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 18, 2017, 04:11:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On which a pistol that uses Shotgun shells is searched for  (Read 39080 times)
notoriouslucky
Deck Hand
United States United States

« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2009, 10:47:54 am »

Search for the Marble Arms Game Getter.

One was handed down to me by my grandfather, missing the stock, and with the barrel sawed off.  I remember using it as a kid.  It is time period appropriate, relatively easy to find, and uses .410.
Captain deKaj
Gunner

« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2009, 08:17:04 pm »

Jean Starwind's Caster pistol immediately came to mind.  Futuristic AND cowboy, big but not TOO big.  His is a single shot (which I think adds a drama element to the already powerful spell-casting shells) but could have some sort of magazine either pump style or revolver might look right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

p.s. it's sci-fi too so no worries about forum discussions!  Tongue
Everett R.I. Krowley, III
Snr. Officer

Federal Bountyhunter and Investigations Agent

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2009, 10:00:28 pm »

you know, I always wanted a close up of that gun.  wow

Tophatdan, those shot pistols from page 3 look very nice too!!

I wonder though, as the shotgun shell pistol isn't for my persona... if perhaps the Caster Gun might work as a base for a lightning thrower for Everett... as he's a weird west type character.  Not sure about spell casting in Steampunk to be honest, that is to say I personally have trouble seeing it in my minds eyes... but if it works for Deadlands *shrug* that's another subject though
formosan
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2009, 07:46:12 am »

Search for the Marble Arms Game Getter.

One was handed down to me by my grandfather, missing the stock, and with the barrel sawed off.  I remember using it as a kid.  It is time period appropriate, relatively easy to find, and uses .410.

The Game Getter has elegant lines.

Or, if you want to have a gun that is visually distinctive to the point of sheer grotesquerie, you could consider a Thunder Five in .410.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=11512

Note that the Thunder Five is the only USA revolver that fires 3 inch shotshells. 

Very few users like it.  But it is visually distinctive.
Snr. Officer

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 12:22:19 am »

o.o WOW... just... damn.
Pnakotus
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2009, 12:42:49 am »

How about a punch gun? (from Fallout: Tactics)

It holds a single shotgun shell one the back of the hand that gets triggered when you punch someone.

"Tie two birds together,
and although they have four wings,
they cannot fly."
Khem Caigan
Zeppelin Overlord

Aut Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2009, 06:54:48 am »

Note that the Thunder Five is the only USA revolver that fires 3 inch shotshells. 

Very few users like it.  But it is visually distinctive.

And here is a little something to help
one 'come to grips' with the recoil :

Robby's Leather Wrist Positioner
http://tinyurl.com/ycaek34

"Let us create vessels and sails fashioned for the heavenly Æther, for there
will be plenty of people who do not shrink from the vastness of space."
~ Johannes Kepler, letter to Galileo Galilei, 1609.
tophatdan
Zeppelin Captain

I'm not Steampunk, I Live Steampunk....

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2009, 02:02:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

another stunning gun, this revolver fires an 11.6 mil shell, equivalent to a .448, which is about an 8 gauge or just not quite .50 cal, the interesting thing about this gun is that when issued by the austrians, it often featured a few rounds of an early 'scatter' round, which was a shot round, packed behind a traditional bullet...

the idea is that if the nearly half inch diameter, piece of flying lead didn't teach you anything about the ills of your chosen profession, the following hundred or so BBs surely would...

tho technically not a shotgun, i thought it had its place, if nothing else to show how ridiculous some of our predecessors truly were...

good show o_O

you gotta love livin babe, cause dyin is a pain in the ass -----
 frank sinatra
faust
Swab

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2009, 10:28:04 pm »

the TAURUS pistol company makes a model which will accomodate either a .45 long shell, or .20guage shot! it's small, pretty, and packs a punch iether way! plus could easily be steamed up and modded to fit your retro-future wishes!!
aquafortis
Officer
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2009, 01:23:56 am »

I was thinking Howdah pistol. Awesome things.

One devillish item that has quite captured my imagination is the Mars automatic pistol. You hardly ever see them about, they're as rare as hen's teeth. perhaps the best thing that can be said about them is that they were cleverly designed... the War Office had the following comment to make following field trials. “No man on firing this weapon, would willingly fire it again.”. it had a long-recoil system a bit like a cannon, with the barrel and breech block recoilling locked together, then the barrel running forward, and the breech block following behind. Maybe not quite what you're after, it's more a pistol that fires rifle rounds, but interesting nontheless.

Snr. Officer

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2009, 10:05:17 pm »

o.o I am very impressed.  both by the sheer variety that you wonderful people have found (and making me a bit envious that I couldn't) as well as considering this is a bit of an old thread people are still posting to it ^^;

Again, I must issue my thanks for all the help!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: