The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
November 20, 2017, 10:21:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Steampunk Movies  (Read 196307 times)
The Squire
Zeppelin Admiral
United States United States

Sans Peur

« Reply #650 on: July 18, 2014, 06:24:52 pm »

The animated movie The BoxTrolls will be released in September 2014. Voices by Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Elle Fanning, Toni Collette and others, it seems to have a Vicorian-steampunk sensibility.

http://www.theboxtrolls.com/

The Boxtrolls Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Simon Pegg Movie HD

"You don't mind breaking the law?"
        "Not in the least."
"Nor running a chance of arrest?"
        "Not in a good cause."
"Oh, the cause is excellent!"
         "Then I am your man."
Nautilus II
Deck Hand

Cras es Noster

« Reply #651 on: September 06, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »

In Search of the Castaways: 1962

Island at the Top of the World: 1974 (Especially with the Hyperion)

Herbert West
Zeppelin Captain

Director of Preternatural Research, Arkam Museum

« Reply #652 on: March 11, 2015, 02:37:12 pm »

Okay, technically its not steampunk, but i was just reminded of one of my very favorite movies, 1980's Somewhere in Time. The only reason I mention it is that it really has the same romanticized view that particular time period that a lot of us do.

"I'm not a psychopath Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research!" ~Sherlock Holmes
morozow
Zeppelin Captain
Russian Federation Russian Federation

« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2016, 12:59:18 pm »

Soviet steampunk film "Раз, два — горе не беда!" (One, two — the mountain does not matter!)

Created in 1988.
Script and lyrics: Julius Kim
Director: Mikhail Yuzovsky

This is a fun children's movie. In the visual style of the film draws upon the motifs of traditional Russian clay toys.

But it's steampunk. There is a giant robot with guns, self-moving carriage on the steam motion and even hand-held laser with a limited range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxjD0anLj_o

P.S. If someone will watch the film then tell me your impressions.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:21:54 pm by morozow » Logged

Sorry for the errors, rudeness and stupidity. It's not me, this online translator. Really convenient?
Victor Charlington
Deck Hand
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #654 on: February 26, 2016, 09:11:33 am »

May I respectfully suggest Cowboys vs Aliens, if it hasn't been already...? It's a terrible movie, but certainly fits the bill... in my humble opinion.
creagmor
Zeppelin Captain
South Africa South Africa

« Reply #655 on: March 01, 2016, 06:50:22 pm »

I haven't taken the time to read all of the previous posts, so please forgive any duplications. I would add Somewhere in Time. Among other things, one of my two favourite movie sound tracks. Also delete African queen.

“Love is an emotional thing, and whatever is emotional is opposed to that cold true reason which I place above all things.” Sherlock Holmes, in The Sign of Four.
keithjones
Gunner

« Reply #656 on: August 30, 2016, 04:05:05 am »

Crimson Peak

Victor Frankenstein

Neither was a hit at the box office, but the sets are some fine Victorian & Edwardian eye candy.
RoburtheConqueror1975
Deck Hand

« Reply #657 on: January 08, 2017, 03:33:42 am »

Tarzan  and the  Lost City[1999]is  good  SteamPunk  adventure.
Anita Reyes
Deck Hand
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #658 on: January 17, 2017, 11:40:11 pm »

I honestly didnt read all the past posts but  if not included yet I would add The Dark Crystal in the subcategory of medievalpunk.

Hugo fit well enought even if it dose not develop in victorian or edwardian era but  there are automata and the boy literally lives into a clockwork in a train station!

Also The adventurer the curse of the Midas box is even more SP with xix century ambientation and crazy machinery and cool characters.

Finally  A series of misfortunate events (the movie not the netflix series) has some pretty SP details  like the sets.
All of them with exellent plots too Wink

A plus one that isn't really steampunk or anything similar is the movie based on the musical Hello Dolly! Starring Barbra Streisand directed by Gene Kelly one of favotites but i included it here only for the costume design by Irene Sharaff máster of the era dresses who also design in  Titanic and Elizabeth
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:43:45 pm by Anita Reyes » Logged

"Guerra guerra en el monte en el valle, los cañones horrisonos truenen y sus ecos sonoros resuenen con las voces de unión, libertad!"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: