The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 15, 2017, 06:57:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: inspiration needed  (Read 1320 times)
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Rapscallion Smile

« on: January 02, 2009, 08:50:17 pm »

i recently dug out an old zippo with a rather vulgar look (barbed wire along the bottom *shudders*) and i am looking to mod it  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:53:49 pm by clockwork creation » Logged

I am a freak in control not a control freak
Hektor Plasm
Zeppelin Captain

All-Round Oddfellow.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 09:48:37 pm »

i recently dug out an old zippo with a rather vulgar look (barbed wire along the bottom *shudders*) and i am looking to mod it  Smiley

hopefully the old brass based chrome plated variety?

HP

"all die! o, the embarrassment."
H Plasm Esq. ICUE    Avatar by and with kind permission of Dr Geof. Ta!!

Some musings:-
http://hektorplasm.blogspot.co.uk/
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:56:21 pm »

i wish it was brass its an aged silver color
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 09:57:07 pm »

what kind of mod, are you thinking of an engraving, or, making it into some form of self defense contraption with a hidden compartment for that secret document you were transporting... or something like that  Tongue
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:13:04 am »

all ideas are welcome as are all possiblities for modding, the thing is so blasted ugly it needs to be impoved
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:41:38 am »

well, if you were to want to change its functionality, there are so many possibilities, for lookswise, i dunno, it depends on what you like best, i would say to search google images for steampunk (possibly include the word lighter there) and draw inspiration from all different things, for example you could use this for a visual guide, change a bit here or there to make it suitable

i do hope you manage to make it into something amazing, even if it loses function of a lighter and becomes a distress beacon, activated by opening the lid which releases a catch and sets off a 40 decibel alarm (could use one of them personal alarms you get quite cheaply these days [EDIT] such as Poundland (added after seeing your a fellow brit), if not free in certain groups)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 01:45:00 am by The_Steam_Master » Logged
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 03:55:19 am »

actually, if your not gonna do that last idea, i shall claim it as my own, seeing as it actually is my own idea, at some point, i shall make a sonic grenade in the form of a lighter, the essential item for a lady in distress
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 04:12:55 am »

steam master thank you for the ideas (poundland rocks) it turns out around the edges where the metal has worn away on the lighter its brass ! there is brass unerneath !!!! how do i get to it !!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:22:29 am by clockwork creation » Logged
The_Steam_Master
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 04:18:43 am »

very carefully i would assume, if you were to take it down with some form of sanding equipment to reveal the brass then that would work, however, you would risk wearing it too much and it would become fragile and likely come apart, and i hope that doesnt happen, would be a terrible shame, if not for anything but im very much wondering what will be done with it
von Corax
Squire of the Lambda Calculus
Immortal
Canada Canada

Prof. Darwin Prætorius von Corax

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 04:56:19 am »

steam master thank you for the ideas (poundland rocks) it turns out around the edges where the metal has worn away on the lighter its brass ! there is brass unerneath !!!! how do i get to it !!!

Do a search of the Fora with the keywords "chrome" and "strip." If that fails to produce, you could always post a question on the "How-To" board.

By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
By the Beans of Life do my thoughts acquire speed
My hands acquire a shaking
The shaking becomes a warning
By the power of caffeine do I set my mind in motion
The Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics is 5838 km from Reading
Dr. Spooklight
Gunner
United States United States

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 05:03:20 am »

simply add the appropriate marks to change the barbed wire into a flowery ivy design.
x~x~x~x becomes @~$~@~$ if you catch my drift
clockwork creation
Zeppelin Admiral

Rapscallion Smile

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 10:48:20 pm »

Dr. Spooklight that is a nice sugestion but its abstract barbed wire and looks like one of those awful tattoos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: