The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 06:59:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antique shop find...  (Read 1230 times)
jringling
Time Traveler
United States United States

convicted Rogue and Vagabond…long story…

« on: January 02, 2009, 02:06:46 am »

Hello O Mighty Clockwork Masters,

I have returned from a foray into the antique shops with afew lucky finds (I think).
First, a picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This box was open and possibly lost some of the contents, but it contains a small amount of watch parts, including two sealed packages:

Here’s the first bit of questions… Are these two unopened packets rare? Do you find these types of repair items just lying around? Are they of value? Would any collectors here wish to make an offer?

I ask because I know nothing about watch jewels, which leads to the next bit of questions. There is a small box of 35+ loose jewels. Are these of any value? Would anyone here want to make an offer before my wife incorporates them into something else?

Okay, last bit of questions…there are also two vials of the pins that hold a band to the wristwatch. They had/have paper labels that read “Quick 41 Fit” and “Quick 44 Fit.”
Each has 8-10 pins that look like they are new. Would anyone want these?

I bought the box because there were several small gears and other watch bits that will be used by the wife for some jewelry projects. The parts I am offering seam like they might be of use or interest to a collector instead of just getting lost on my bench…

If the offering of parts should be moved to the trading thread, please let me know and I start a new thread there…

HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 03:30:48 am »

Nice snag..
  Its still possible to find sealed old parts envelopes, for the more well used movements these are still somewhat plentiful.
Jewels, new, are about $2.00 each, but generally you have to buy them in lots of 500 or more (the standard Seitz assortment has 531 jewels and end-stones, and runs about $1000.00, mind you that's easily a lifetime supply...)

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: