The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 18, 2017, 05:40:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next pocketwatch to be restored...  (Read 1565 times)
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« on: December 07, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »

This one should be here next week..
Waltham 15J Grade 165 0s (and that's a small pocketwatch, under 1.5" diamter total) from 1918.  Movement looks good, and I think I can make the hairline on the dial much less noticeable with the old q-Tip and  dial cleaner trick.. This size was usually (but not always) worn on a chain my ladies.. a 0s movement is juts uner 30mm in diameter.
The nice thing, is that if the movement cleans up well, I know where I can fidn a NOS 0S case with a display back,  Grin

I'll post better pics once I have the watch in my hands..

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Capt_Zaphod
Snr. Officer
United States United States

Gravatar

Chrono Corps Agent:42

Captain_Zaphod
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 05:37:21 pm »

That is a very nice watch.
Be good to see that up and running again.

Prof. Friedrich VonHart, PhD
Zeppelin Captain

The clockwork crusader of truth

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »

I might have a dial in good shape if you need one. I'll check.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." — John Kenneth Galbraith
"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."
"Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company, and reflection must finish him."
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 06:52:50 pm »

I do have a Dial, if it's the right size. It's got roman numerals instead of the scripted numbers, I think its a bit earlier than yours.

~29mm diameter. Feet at 10, 2:20, and 7:20. One Small hairline at 2:00-3:00 Barely visible in person, Another around 10. Also Barely visible. PM me if you need it, or I can see if I have another. I'm pretty sure I do. If its not the right size, let me know too.

HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:59:31 pm »

I do have a Dial, if it's the right size. It's got roman numerals instead of the scripted numbers, I think its a bit earlier than yours.

~29mm diameter. Feet at 10, 2:20, and 7:20. One Small hairline at 2:00-3:00 Barely visible in person, Another around 10. Also Barely visible. PM me if you need it, or I can see if I have another. I'm pretty sure I do. If its not the right size, let me know too.

Let me wait unitl I have the actual watch in my hands, then I can do teh measurements and check the dial feet..
Back at you in a bit..

Cheers
Harold
Zeppelin Captain

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:00:11 pm »

No problem.

Also: A cursory glance through the pile reveals at least 2 more dials of the same size and slightly worse condition. All have Roman numerals, one has the script waltham(above), one has AWCo Waltham, one has a Block WALTHAM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: