The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
October 22, 2017, 11:19:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Brassgoggles.co.uk - The Lighter Side Of Steampunk, follow @brasstech for forum technical problems & updates.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking a Cortébert Pocket Watch  (Read 8117 times)
Major Willoughby Chase
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:01:30 am »

I have a love of Cortébert timepieces, currently I have just two wristwatches.  I have been trying to acquire a pocket watch for some years, the closest I got was having £120 stolen from me by a man in South America via eBay.

They made alot of watches for the Railways... those I've seen have an 'interesting railway themed case', that is not the style I'm looking for.  Also if possible, but as beggars can't be choosers not urgent, not engraved for somebody else.  I don't have high hopes of finding one, or indeed one that I can afford, however I certainly believe that here with your knowledge I stand a good chance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cort%C3%A9bert_(watch_manufacturer)

If you have committed the ultimate sin and converted one of these, I may still consider buying, but my heart would always be with the unmodified ones, lol.

If you should happen to find this particular style of watch, I'll love you for ever.

Other than this one... because I can't afford it... unless there is a wealthy benefactor out there?

Thanking you in advance for any help you are able to give outside of eBay (where I have it covered a).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:22:18 am by Major Willoughby Chase » Logged
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:27:29 pm »

Not many of those around on this side of the pond, I'm afraid, but I will keep my eyes open.
Cortébert are interesting watches for sure, did you know that in the 1930's and early 40's there were Rolxes produced with Rolex branded Cortébert  movements?
Alas, the Cortébert  railroad watches  were never approved for railroad use in NA.

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Greg of Florida
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:32 pm »

I have come upon a Cortebert pocket watch at an estate sale, it is not a Railroad watch but appears to possibly be gold filled and is just kind of plain looking if you are still interested.  I don't know anymore at about it at this time but am going to take it to a jeweler to see what they say about it.  Let me know it you are still interested!
Monk54
Swab

South Africa South Africa

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:59:08 am »

I have an excellent Cortebert pocket watch (Hunter) that I would consider selling.Send a note to rmonk46@hotmail.com and I will reply with photos. This timepiece sat virtually unused since 1971. Today it looks, and operates, like the day it was purchased.
rugger333
Swab

United States United States

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 06:46:27 am »

I have a love of Cortébert timepieces, currently I have just two wristwatches.  I have been trying to acquire a pocket watch for some years, the closest I got was having £120 stolen from me by a man in South America via eBay.

They made alot of watches for the Railways... those I've seen have an 'interesting railway themed case', that is not the style I'm looking for.  Also if possible, but as beggars can't be choosers not urgent, not engraved for somebody else.  I don't have high hopes of finding one, or indeed one that I can afford, however I certainly believe that here with your knowledge I stand a good chance.

If you have committed the ultimate sin and converted one of these, I may still consider buying, but my heart would always be with the unmodified ones, lol.

If you should happen to find this particular style of watch, I'll love you for ever.

Other than this one... because I can't afford it... unless there is a wealthy benefactor out there?

Thanking you in advance for any help you are able to give outside of eBay (where I have it covered a).
rugger333
Swab

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:54:29 am »

I just found the 1855 Cortebert jump hour pocket watch Movement by Josef Pallweber rcurtis_298@msn.com   1-601-540-0802  Rodney
jsaba13
Swab

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »

I have a Cortebert Digital Jump Pocket Watch just like the one you referenced in your post. It runs fine and keeps decent time for its age. It has a plain silver case with no engravings other than the manufacturers markings. The entire watch is in fine condition with no issues. Would be open to an offer and can email photos if there is an interest on your part.  JSABA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: