The Steampunk Forum at Brass Goggles
December 11, 2017, 10:29:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Support BrassGoggles! Donate once or $3/mo.
 See details here.

Home   Blog Help Rules Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help finding a watch.  (Read 1367 times)
Armored Rah
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:09:08 pm »

What I'm looking for is something similar to the watch you carry in the game Far Cry 2. I'm not after something just like it, only with the same features. For those who haven't played FC2, here's a quick rundown of what I'm looking for. Tritium tubes, Green for 1-11 and orange for 12, plus one in the bezel, color not important there. Carabiner or pocketwatch type, not a wristwatch. With an elapsed time indicator bezel. I'd like for it to not cost over $150, but if need be, I'll spend up to $200. The cheaper the better, as long as it has the tritium and turning bezel, so for those of you who know the type that's used in FC2, anything you can point me to that resembles it would be great. I have a feeling that the watch used in the game may be based on a real watch and it has the name of it on the face. I don't own the game and haven't been able to find a pic online that showed the watch clearly enough to read the name that's written on the face of it I only know it starts with an "M".
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:04:31 am by Armored Rah » Logged
HAC
Steam Theologian
Zeppelin Overlord
Canada Canada

HAC_N800
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:26:21 pm »

If your talking about tritium tubes, then there's only one H3 alarm watch out there taht I know of, and its by Traser (there is a Mossy Oak branded variant). As far as a bezel set alarm Timex had one way back, but most current alarms are set form a crown.. I'll dig around, though..

Cheers
Harold

You never know what lonesome is , 'til you get to herdin' cows.
Armored Rah
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:02:04 am »

Harold,
Thanks for your quick response. After reading it, I did some more research on what it was I was looking for and found out that I was wrong about the alarm being set by the bezel. It turns out that the bezel is only used as an elapsed time indicator. Now that I know that, I'm no longer concerned with an alarm. As for the tritium tubes, yes, that's what I wanted, green for 1-11 and orange for 12, plus one on the bezel. It would be nice if I could find one that is mechanical and not quartz, if that's possible. I'll modify my first post to correct these things. I looked at the Traser watches and they are very close to the style I'm looking for, but they are a little more expensive than I can handle and I didn't see any that were carabiner style. Also, are there any watch makers who can add tritium tubes to an existing watch?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: